• There is a heat wave in Shahkot, India and everyone is praying for the monsoon. Many suggestions for ways to end the heat wave are given.
• Vermaji invents a giant fan to bring in the monsoon clouds, and the police offer to sponsor a frong wedding performed by the temple priests.
• Plants grow limp and weak, and tourist buses turn around and leave. Food is scare, and supply planes fly over but do not stop in Shahkot.
• Kulfi Chawla is pregnant and grows to huge proportions. All she can think of is food, and Kulfi walks to the market everyday and bribes the food sellers for delicacies.
• Mr. Chawla, her husband, complains to his mother about the arranged marriage and his mother, Amma, tells her son to be patient.
• Mr. Chawla buys books on babies and Amma gives Kulfi advice but Kulfi ignores both of them and...
This section contains 3,354 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)