|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Huey opposed Roosevelt on the ratification of the ________________.
2. What issue did Huey campaign for in 1933 that made him unpopular in Louisiana?
3. Huey was the first to use _______________ in a campaign.
4. What brought an end to the impeachment trial?
5. Why did Huey return to New Orleans a few days after arriving at the Senate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the tone of the impeachment proceedings against Huey?
2. How did Roosevelt view Huey's effect on his own re-election, and how did he try to slow Huey down?
3. What other areas at Louisiana State University (LSU) did Huey get involved in?
4. What was the Square Deal Association and what was their position on Huey?
5. What were some of the initiatives that Huey was most proud of during his tenure as governor of Louisiana?
6. How did the people of Louisiana treat Huey when he supported a reform of the Louisiana tax system?
7. Describe some of the violence surrounding the hearing to investigate New Orleans vice.
8. What was the state of Huey's social life while in Washington?
9. What was the Round Robin?
10. Did Huey fully support Franklin D. Roosevelt's new programs and initiatives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief description and character study of Huey's wife, Rose. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
Huey Long was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Huey's life through this book, what were his biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did he manage through them? How did his coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author intend to express by calling it simply HUEY LONG? Suggest three alternative titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)