|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the document that contained the signatures of Senators who said they would not vote for impeachment?
2. In what city did Huey visit a nightclub?
3. As a show of disdain for the rich, Huey had his name removed from ________________________.
4. For whom did Huey campaign in the Presidential election?
5. How many national guardsmen were brought to New Orleans prior to an election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What persona was Huey achieving and with what type of people did he surround himself?
2. Why did Huey publish a newspaper and write a book in 1933?
3. What was Huey's Share Our Wealth Plan?
4. What other areas at Louisiana State University (LSU) did Huey get involved in?
5. In 1934, what was Huey's focus in terms of programs?
6. What was Huey's position on seeking the office of U.S. President?
7. Describe Huey's interference in the Louisiana State University football program.
8. How did Huey become a fixture at Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge?
9. How did Huey's plan for the cotton-surplus problem differ from those in other Southern states?
10. How did Roosevelt view Huey's effect on his own re-election, and how did he try to slow Huey down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What is this literary technique called? What was the source of Huey's ambitions? Was he consumed with winning and getting ahead? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration of the theme of struggle. Identify and describe at least two struggles in the book and cite passages from the book that illustrate each struggle.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the impact that Huey's childhood had on him as an adult. What did it mean to grow up in the late 19th century in Louisiana? What stigmas did Huey live with for his entire life? How did Huey leverage his ancestry to carve out a political career for himself?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)