|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Huey use for reporters?
2. How did the people of Louisiana show their disapproval of Huey's support of the issue in #136?
3. Who was the gubernatorial candidate Huey and the Old Regulars agreed to support?
4. Huey would only talk to reporters from __________________.
5. What were Roosevelt's new administration programs called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin Roosevelt's influence contribute to Huey's acting more like a conventional Senator?
2. What other areas at Louisiana State University (LSU) did Huey get involved in?
3. How did Huey become a fixture at Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge?
4. In 1934, what was Huey's focus in terms of programs?
5. What were the conditions under which Huey agreed to run for the Senate?
6. What was the state of Huey's social life while in Washington?
7. Did Huey fully support Franklin D. Roosevelt's new programs and initiatives?
8. Why did Huey publish a newspaper and write a book in 1933?
9. What was the Little by Little group?
10. What was the tone of the impeachment proceedings against Huey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of men in the early 20th century when Huey and his colleagues were coming of age. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms, if any, did they have that 21st century men do not?
Essay Topic 2
What if Huey had lived? What would Huey's chances of becoming President of the United States have been? If elected, what would have been some of his first initiatives? Would he have been assassinated at some point? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity is an important theme in this book. Who were some of the people in the book who had the strongest personalities? What were their personal codes? How did Huey measure up to these people? Did Huey have a personal code? If so, what was it? Explain.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)