|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT an area that saw great improvement during Huey's tenure as Governor?
(a) Educational facilities.
(b) Roads and bridges.
(c) Prison reform.
(d) Arts programs.
2. Huey opposed Roosevelt on the ratification of the ________________.
(a) Minimum Wage Act.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) World Court Treaty.
(d) Women's Voting Act.
3. Huey refused to give the position of _________________ to his brother, Earl.
(a) Lieutenant Governor.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Campaign Manager.
(d) Finance Director.
4. Who was the gubernatorial candidate Huey and the Old Regulars agreed to support?
(a) Charles Lafayette.
(b) Oscar K. Allen.
(c) Philip Brumbaugh.
(d) Albert Finnarn.
5. In what city were the workers in #159 located?
(a) Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the impeachment hearings, Huey became characterized as ________________.
2. How many bodyguards did Huey have during his Senate days?
3. What is a lame duck session in Congress?
4. What did Huey and his bodyguards do almost every night?
5. What was Huey's primary focus in 1934?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Huey's position on seeking the office of U.S. President?
2. Describe Huey's interference in the Louisiana State University football program.
3. What were the conditions under which Huey agreed to run for the Senate?
4. Why did Huey publish a newspaper and write a book in 1933?
5. Was Huey always proud of the methods by which he accomplished his objectives for the people?
6. How did Franklin Roosevelt's influence contribute to Huey's acting more like a conventional Senator?
7. What were some of the initiatives that Huey was most proud of during his tenure as governor of Louisiana?
8. What was the tone of the impeachment proceedings against Huey?
9. What was Huey's opinion of reporters and what did he call them?
10. Who was Hattie Caraway and what influence did Huey have on her political career?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)