|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what type of people did Huey surround himself?
(a) Independent thinkers.
(b) Borderline Democrats.
(c) Those who would profess allegiance.
(d) Staunch Republicans.
2. What was Huey's important issue during his early days in the Senate?
(a) Wealth redistribution.
(c) Civil Rights.
(d) Social Security.
3. Roosevelt thought Huey threatened _________________.
(a) Roosevelt's re-election.
4. What was the name of the militant anti-Long group?
(a) Kings of Destiny.
(b) Too Long Now.
(c) Square Deal Association.
(d) Phooey on Huey.
5. Why was the National Guard called in once again?
(a) Huey said there was an assassination plot against him.
(b) There were a series of Negro lynchings.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan was holding rallies in New Orleans.
(d) The Civil Rights marchers were threatening violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Huey said he would run for the Senate only if he could __________________.
2. What did Huey do on his first day in the Senate?
3. What was Huey's primary focus in 1934?
4. What happened to Huey at the nightclub?
5. How did Huey's programs fare before the Louisiana legislature in 1934?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the tone of the impeachment proceedings against Huey?
2. How did Roosevelt view Huey's effect on his own re-election, and how did he try to slow Huey down?
3. How did Huey become a fixture at Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge?
4. Describe some of the violence surrounding the hearing to investigate New Orleans vice.
5. Describe Huey's interference in the Louisiana State University football program.
6. What was Huey's attendance record like while he served in the Senate?
7. How did Huey's plan for the cotton-surplus problem differ from those in other Southern states?
8. Was Huey always proud of the methods by which he accomplished his objectives for the people?
9. Who was Hattie Caraway and what influence did Huey have on her political career?
10. How did Franklin Roosevelt's influence contribute to Huey's acting more like a conventional Senator?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)