|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book Huey wrote?
(a) Every Man a King.
(b) Louisiana First and Foremost.
(c) My Louisiana Home.
2. Who did Huey hire for a position at Louisiana State University (LSU), even though the school already had one?
(a) A basketball coach.
(b) A football coach.
(c) A soccer coach.
(d) A band director.
3. With which organization at the college in #107 did Huey get particularly involved?
(a) The Literary Society.
(b) The marching band.
(c) The basketball team.
(d) The science club.
4. What was the nickname Huey called his opponent Senator Joseph E. Ransdell?
(a) Old Stick in the Mud.
(b) Old Piss and Vinegar.
(c) Old Ironsides.
(d) Old Feather Duster.
5. In what city did Huey visit a nightclub?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the document that contained the signatures of Senators who said they would not vote for impeachment?
2. What is a filibuster?
3. What is a lame duck session in Congress?
4. What was the main purpose of Huey's newspaper?
5. Huey opposed the ratification of a treaty regarding which body of water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Huey's opinion of reporters and what did he call them?
2. Did Huey fully support Franklin D. Roosevelt's new programs and initiatives?
3. In 1934, what was Huey's focus in terms of programs?
4. What was the Round Robin?
5. How did Huey become a fixture at Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge?
6. How did Roosevelt view Huey's effect on his own re-election, and how did he try to slow Huey down?
7. Was Huey always proud of the methods by which he accomplished his objectives for the people?
8. What other areas at Louisiana State University (LSU) did Huey get involved in?
9. What was the Little by Little group?
10. What was the Square Deal Association and what was their position on Huey?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)