|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Huey's primary focus in 1934?
(a) Water pollution.
(b) Interstate highways.
(c) Wealth redistribution.
(d) School funding.
2. Huey would only talk to reporters from __________________.
(a) Out-of-state papers.
(b) Baton Rouge.
3. As a show of disdain for the rich, Huey had his name removed from ________________________.
(a) The Forbes 100.
(b) The Louisiana Historical Society.
(c) The American Revolution Society.
(d) The Washington Social Register.
4. For whom did Huey campaign in the Presidential election?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) William Howard Taft.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
5. What issue did Huey campaign for in 1933 that made him unpopular in Louisiana?
(a) Louisiana tax reform.
(b) Higher education subsidies.
(c) Interstate highway system.
(d) Toll bridge repairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Huey use for reporters?
2. What is a filibuster?
3. Who was Huey's choice for Lieutenant Governor candidate?
4. Why did Huey return to New Orleans a few days after arriving at the Senate?
5. Huey was also classified as ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Huey always proud of the methods by which he accomplished his objectives for the people?
2. What was the Square Deal Association and what was their position on Huey?
3. How did Roosevelt view Huey's effect on his own re-election, and how did he try to slow Huey down?
4. What were the conditions under which Huey agreed to run for the Senate?
5. What was the Round Robin?
6. What was Huey's attendance record like while he served in the Senate?
7. What were some of the initiatives that Huey was most proud of during his tenure as governor of Louisiana?
8. How did Huey become a fixture at Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge?
9. Describe Huey's interference in the Louisiana State University football program.
10. Why did Huey publish a newspaper and write a book in 1933?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)