|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what company did Huey fight a rate increase in February of 1921?
(a) Standard Oil.
(b) Baton Rouge Utility Company.
(c) Gulf Shores Oil.
(d) Cumberland Company.
2. What body of water flooded more than two million acres of land in Louisiana in 1927?
(a) The Monongahela River.
(b) Lake Pontchartrain.
(c) The Gulf of Mexico.
(d) The Mississippi River.
3. Huey proposed a bill for a tax on ______________ to provide revenue for hospitals and charitable organizations.
(c) Carbon black.
4. What did Huey do with the money he earned from the case in #28?
(a) Invested in stock.
(b) Bought a car.
(c) Built a house.
(d) Traveled internationally.
5. How much was Huey fined in a libel suit?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of law did Huey become an expert?
2. Who served as the local political boss in Louisiana parishes in the early 20th century?
3. Which campaign promise caused Huey the most trouble?
4. When was Huey's gubernatorial inauguration?
5. Campaigning for the 1928 gubernatorial race began in _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of the severance tax on which Huey and Parker disagreed?
2. What were some of the campaign tactics Huey used in the run for governor in 1927?
3. What types of clients did Huey represent in his Shreveport law office?
4. How successful was Huey's law practice?
5. Describe Huey's sales ability.
6. What was the big case regarding bridges that influenced Huey's career?
7. What personal privileges did Huey take at taxpayer expense?
8. What were the circumstances behind of the first attempt to impeach Huey?
9. Summarize Huey Long's life as a U.S. Senator until his untimely death in 1935.
10. What were Huey's political aspirations?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)