|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state had Huey's parents come when they moved the family to Louisiana in 1859?
2. When did Huey marry Rose?
(a) December 24, 1953.
(b) September 15, 1941.
(c) April 12, 1913.
(d) October 7, 1933.
3. Huey eventually began a movement to _______________.
(a) Ban pornography.
(b) Institute a minimum wage.
(c) Redistribute wealth.
(d) Enact civil rights.
4. Which candidates usually won when they had the support of the Ring?
(a) Rural candidates.
(b) Liberal candidates.
(c) First-time candidates.
(d) Wealthy candidates.
5. In what area of law did Huey become an expert?
(c) Workman's Compensation.
(d) Real Estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what election did Huey begin to influence decisions and build his power base for the next gubernatorial election?
2. The political machine in ________________ was known as the Old Regular or Ring.
3. What was a major fear of Huey's?
4. What body of water flooded more than two million acres of land in Louisiana in 1927?
5. What was the result of the case in #46?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of clients did Huey represent in his Shreveport law office?
2. How did Huey begin to establish his power base and his popularity in Louisiana?
3. What was the big case regarding bridges that influenced Huey's career?
4. Who was John M. Parker and what was his political nemesis?
5. In what type of household did Huey grow up?
6. Describe Huey as a child.
7. What were some of the challenges that faced Huey as he began his gubernatorial race in 1927?
8. What personal privileges did Huey take at taxpayer expense?
9. What were two campaign promises that Huey made that he was making come true?
10. What impact did Huey's brother, Julius, have on Huey's life?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)