|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Huey became an advocate for change in the area of __________________.
(a) Employer's liability law.
(b) Minimum wage law.
(c) Sexual harassment law.
(d) Immigration law.
2. Campaigning for the 1928 gubernatorial race began in _________________.
(a) March 1927
(b) June 1926.
(c) February 1927.
(d) November 1926.
3. How old was Huey Long at the time of his death?
4. What did Huey use heavily during the 1928 gubernatorial campaign?
(a) Radio ads.
(b) Whistle stop tours.
(c) Promotional circulars.
(d) Newspaper editorials.
5. Huey proposed a bill for a tax on ______________ to provide revenue for hospitals and charitable organizations.
(a) Carbon black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Huey move after he won his seat on the Commission?
2. In what type of case did Huey win the biggest fee of his legal career?
3. How much was Huey fined in a libel suit?
4. What was a major campaign issue in the 1928 gubernatorial race?
5. When did Huey marry Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Huey lost a few sales jobs and ended up broke in Memphis?
2. What were some of the campaign promises Huey delivered on and how did he plan to finance them?
3. What was the big case regarding bridges that influenced Huey's career?
4. How successful was Huey's law practice?
5. Describe Huey as a child.
6. How did Huey slide into the national political scene by attending the Democratic National Convention?
7. Summarize Huey Long's life as a U.S. Senator until his untimely death in 1935.
8. What were some of the campaign tactics Huey used in the run for governor in 1927?
9. What were two campaign promises that Huey made that he was making come true?
10. Sum up Huey Long's life up until his time as a U.S. Senator.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)