|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Huey formulated a __________________ that was not accepted by the independent oil producer's association.
(a) Voter's rights bill.
(b) Minimum wage bill.
(c) Tax bill.
(d) Pipeline bill.
2. A parish in Louisiana is equivalent to a ____________ in other states.
(a) Metropolitan area.
3. What was the name of Huey's hometown?
(b) Grand Prairie.
(d) Baton Rouge.
4. What was a major fear of Huey's?
5. What was the big case that influenced Huey's career over the next few years?
(a) The Caddo Parish case.
(b) The New Orleans Civil Rights case.
(c) The Dr. Sam Sheppard case.
(d) The Lake Pontchartrain Bridge case.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Huey become governor of Louisiana?
2. How many charges were presented in the impeachment resolution?
3. How much was Huey fined in a libel suit?
4. Of what state did Huey Long become governor?
5. What did Huey do with the money he earned from the case in #28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John M. Parker and what was his political nemesis?
2. What were two campaign promises that Huey made that he was making come true?
3. What were some of Huey's innovative campaign techniques?
4. Why did Huey and Rose move to Shreveport and what kind of legal cases did Huey specialize in?
5. What was the big case regarding bridges that influenced Huey's career?
6. Why was the Ku Klux Klan a problem issue in Huey's gubernatorial run in 1923?
7. What was Bloody Monday?
8. What was the nature of the severance tax on which Huey and Parker disagreed?
9. Describe Huey as a child.
10. Describe Huey's sales ability.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)