|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Huey's plan related to the topic in #142?
(a) A Fair Wage for Everyone.
(b) Defending the American Way.
(c) Share Our Wealth.
(d) Putting Security Back Into America.
2. What major program was launched after Huey's Senate win?
(a) The minimum wage program.
(b) The lakes and rivers program.
(c) The college tuition program.
(d) The roads program.
3. What crop was in surplus in the South in 1932?
4. Why did Huey return to New Orleans a few days after arriving at the Senate?
(a) To move his family into a new house.
(b) To clean out his old office.
(c) To attend a statue dedication.
(d) To attend farewell dinners.
5. How much of their salaries were state board members required to donate to Huey's Senate election campaign?
6. Why were national guardsmen brought to New Orleans prior to an election?
(a) There was fear of a Choctaw armed coup.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan threatened violence.
(c) Negroes were marching on the city.
(d) College students were doing sit-ins.
7. What nickname did Huey use for reporters?
(b) Pond scum.
8. At this point in time, Huey was viewed by many as being _________________.
(a) An icon.
(b) A negative force.
(c) A conservative.
(d) A savior.
9. How much of his/her salary did state employees have to pay to fund Huey's newspaper?
10. As a show of disdain for the rich, Huey had his name removed from ________________________.
(a) The Forbes 100.
(b) The Washington Social Register.
(c) The Louisiana Historical Society.
(d) The American Revolution Society.
11. Who did Huey hire for a position at Louisiana State University (LSU), even though the school already had one?
(a) A football coach.
(b) A soccer coach.
(c) A basketball coach.
(d) A band director.
12. After the impeachment hearings, Huey became characterized as ________________.
(a) A demagogue.
(b) An elitist.
(c) A monarch.
(d) An oligarch.
13. What type of business did Huey open in New Orleans while serving in the Senate?
14. What was Huey's primary focus in 1934?
(a) Interstate highways.
(b) Water pollution.
(c) School funding.
(d) Wealth redistribution.
15. Who was the only Louisiana reporter Huey would talk to?
(a) Charles Frampton.
(b) Willie Stark.
(c) Charlie Boulanger.
(d) Ed Beasley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the book Huey wrote?
2. What were Roosevelt's new administration programs called?
3. Which Senator did Huey help get elected?
4. Which company was Huey convinced was behind the impeachment charges?
5. Huey opposed Roosevelt on the ratification of the ________________.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)