|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company was Huey convinced was behind the impeachment charges?
(a) Texaco Oil.
(b) Standard Oil.
2. As a show of disdain for the rich, Huey had his name removed from ________________________.
(a) The Forbes 100.
(b) The American Revolution Society.
(c) The Louisiana Historical Society.
(d) The Washington Social Register.
3. How much of his/her salary did state employees have to pay to fund Huey's newspaper?
4. What happened to Huey at the nightclub?
(a) He was attacked in the restroom.
(b) He was photographed kissing a cocktail waitress.
(c) He fainted.
(d) He suffered smoke inhalation.
5. What did Huey and his bodyguards do almost every night?
(a) Played cards.
(b) Went to nightclubs.
(c) Entertained other senators.
(d) Read briefs.
6. What is a filibuster?
(a) A landslide.
(b) Illegal voting procedure.
(c) An obstruction of a legislative measure.
(d) A campaign promise.
7. Huey supported the construction of _____________ toll bridges without the possibility of federal aid.
8. What did Huey do on his first day in the Senate?
(a) Introduced himself to everyone on the floor.
(b) Worked twelve hours.
(c) Took his staff to lunch.
(d) Called in sick.
9. What did Huey feel he needed to help the people?
10. What was the name of Huey's plan related to the topic in #142?
(a) Share Our Wealth.
(b) A Fair Wage for Everyone.
(c) Defending the American Way.
(d) Putting Security Back Into America.
11. Which of the following was NOT an area that saw great improvement during Huey's tenure as Governor?
(a) Arts programs.
(b) Roads and bridges.
(c) Prison reform.
(d) Educational facilities.
12. Who was Huey's informant inside the group in #161?
(a) Charlie Bateux.
(b) Martin Elsmore.
(c) Miller Boulanger.
(d) Sidney Songy.
13. Who was the gubernatorial candidate Huey and the Old Regulars agreed to support?
(a) Albert Finnarn.
(b) Charles Lafayette.
(c) Oscar K. Allen.
(d) Philip Brumbaugh.
14. How many national guardsmen were brought to New Orleans prior to an election?
15. How did Huey get tax bills passed?
(a) He lobbied endlessly.
(b) He used his goons as force.
(c) He wrote provisions into other bills.
(d) He appealed to Liberals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main purpose of Huey's newspaper?
2. In what city did Huey visit a nightclub?
3. Which state did the person in #122 represent?
4. On what topic did Huey deliver a national radio broadcast on February 23, 1934?
5. Who was sworn in as Governor of Louisiana to serve between Huey's departure from office and the next election?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)