|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Huey return to New Orleans a few days after arriving at the Senate?
(a) To attend a statue dedication.
(b) To move his family into a new house.
(c) To clean out his old office.
(d) To attend farewell dinners.
2. In what building were the New Orleans vice hearings held?
(a) Canal Bank Building.
(b) Baton Rouge State House.
(c) Shreveport City Center.
(d) New Orleans Civic Center.
3. A move to destroy Huey Long was rumored to be financed by ___________________.
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) J.P. Morgan.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
4. Why were national guardsmen brought to New Orleans prior to an election?
(a) College students were doing sit-ins.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan threatened violence.
(c) There was fear of a Choctaw armed coup.
(d) Negroes were marching on the city.
5. Why was Huey's demeanor regarding LSU?
6. What was the name of Huey's plan related to the topic in #142?
(a) Share Our Wealth.
(b) A Fair Wage for Everyone.
(c) Putting Security Back Into America.
(d) Defending the American Way.
7. On what date was Huey sworn in as Senator in Washington?
(a) January 1, 1932.
(b) March 3, 1932.
(c) April 15, 1932.
(d) January 15, 1932.
8. What was the main purpose of Huey's newspaper?
(a) A fundraising vehicle.
(b) A propaganda vehicle.
(c) To get him elected to the Senate.
(d) To provide progress reports.
9. Where did Huey's family live while he was in the Senate?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(b) New Orleans.
10. What nickname did Huey use for reporters?
(d) Pond scum.
11. Huey supported the construction of _____________ toll bridges without the possibility of federal aid.
12. What was the result of Huey's probe into New Orleans vice?
(a) Shots were fired into his home.
(b) His son was kidnapped.
(c) He was mugged on the street.
(d) The tires of his car were shot out.
13. Huey was the first to use _______________ in a campaign.
(a) An airplane.
(b) Bumper stickers.
(c) Radio advertising.
(d) A sound truck.
14. On what ticket did Earl Long run for Governor of Louisiana?
15. With which organization at the college in #107 did Huey get particularly involved?
(a) The basketball team.
(b) The marching band.
(c) The science club.
(d) The Literary Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Huey worked to help _______________ obtain the Democratic for U.S. President.
2. What was the nickname Huey called his opponent Senator Joseph E. Ransdell?
3. Huey said he would run for the Senate only if he could __________________.
4. What major program was launched after Huey's Senate win?
5. Which of the following was NOT an area that saw great improvement during Huey's tenure as Governor?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)