|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main charge on which Huey would be tried in impeachment proceedings?
2. For what act did Huey offer Harley money and immunity?
(a) Kill his brother.
(b) Siphon tax dollars for personal use.
(c) Kill J.Y. Sanders.
(d) Cover up his affair with Alice.
3. To what city did Huey travel to attend the 1928 Democratic National Convention?
(d) Los Angeles.
4. From what state had Huey's parents come when they moved the family to Louisiana in 1859?
5. A parish in Louisiana is equivalent to a ____________ in other states.
(c) Metropolitan area.
6. Of what state did Huey Long become governor?
(a) South Carolina.
7. Who became a political foe of Long's in Washington?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Richard Nixon.
8. Huey formulated a __________________ that was not accepted by the independent oil producer's association.
(a) Pipeline bill.
(b) Voter's rights bill.
(c) Minimum wage bill.
(d) Tax bill.
9. What body of water flooded more than two million acres of land in Louisiana in 1927?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Monongahela River.
(c) Lake Pontchartrain.
(d) The Gulf of Mexico.
10. When was Huey's gubernatorial inauguration?
(a) May 21, 1928.
(b) January 1, 1928.
(c) March 1, 1928.
(d) April 15, 1928.
11. Who did Huey support in the 1916 election?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) John M. Parker.
(d) Earl Long.
12. In what year did Huey quit high school?
13. What was the name of the lard product that Huey and Harley sold as traveling salesmen?
(a) Greased Lightning.
(d) Lard 'n Lube.
14. What issue did Huey try to avoid in the governor race?
(a) Civil Rights.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) Women's right to vote.
(d) Birth control.
15. What was the name of Huey's hometown?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(d) Grand Prairie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Huey use heavily during the 1928 gubernatorial campaign?
2. What nickname did Huey acquire after moving into the governor's mansion?
3. What did Huey denounce in the 1928 gubernatorial race?
4. What did Huey do with the money he earned from the case in #28?
5. Huey's foes liked to present him as ________________.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)