|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a major campaign issue in the 1928 gubernatorial race?
(a) Luxury goods tax.
(b) Flood control programs.
(c) Minimum wage.
(d) Women's right to vote.
2. When was Huey's gubernatorial inauguration?
(a) March 1, 1928.
(b) January 1, 1928.
(c) May 21, 1928.
(d) April 15, 1928.
3. What was the result of the case in #46?
(a) It was settled out of court.
(b) Refunds for customers.
(c) The charges were withdrawn.
(d) Indictments against the board members.
4. Campaigning for the 1928 gubernatorial race began in _________________.
(a) June 1926.
(b) March 1927
(c) November 1926.
(d) February 1927.
5. With whom did Huey have an affair?
(a) Sadie Miller.
(b) Margaret Murphy.
(c) Aggie Watson.
(d) Alice Lee.
6. What did Huey denounce in the 1928 gubernatorial race?
(a) The Louisiana school system.
(b) The New Orleans Ring.
(c) The cigarette tax law.
(d) The Catholic Church.
7. What was Huey's philosophy?
(a) Even a blind hog gets an acorn once in awhile.
(b) He could sell anything to anyone.
(c) The early bird gets the worm.
(d) One in the hand is worth two in the bush.
8. Who was Huey famous for representing?
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The underdog.
9. Who was the banker whom Huey met and would marry several years later?
(a) Rose McConnell.
(b) Aggie Morton.
(c) Lynee Simpson.
(d) Alice Conley.
10. Where did Huey run his political campaign?
(a) A V.F.W. hall.
(b) The state capitol.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) A warehouse.
11. What did Huey do with the money he earned from the case in #28?
(a) Bought a car.
(b) Traveled internationally.
(c) Built a house.
(d) Invested in stock.
12. In what city did Huey attend high school?
(b) Baton Rouge.
13. In what city was Huey Long assassinated?
(a) Little Rock.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
14. What did Huey use heavily during the 1928 gubernatorial campaign?
(a) Newspaper editorials.
(b) Whistle stop tours.
(c) Radio ads.
(d) Promotional circulars.
15. Which of Huey's brothers paid his law school expenses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role figured into Huey's political career plans?
2. What was the only company that ever hired Huey?
3. To what city did Huey travel to attend the 1928 Democratic National Convention?
4. When did Huey marry Rose?
5. Who was Joe Messina?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)