|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Huey become governor of Louisiana?
2. What was the name of Huey's hometown?
(a) Grand Prairie.
(d) Baton Rouge.
3. Where did Huey move after he won his seat on the Commission?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) Lake Charles.
4. What percentage of the vote did Huey win in the governor race?
5. What was the name of the group that presented a resolution to impeach Huey Long?
(b) Turbo Team.
6. Where did Huey run his political campaign?
(a) A V.F.W. hall.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) The state capitol.
(d) A warehouse.
7. Which of Huey's brothers paid his law school expenses?
8. How old was Huey Long at the time of his death?
9. For what act did Huey offer Harley money and immunity?
(a) Cover up his affair with Alice.
(b) Kill J.Y. Sanders.
(c) Siphon tax dollars for personal use.
(d) Kill his brother.
10. What profession did Huey practice after his move to #25?
11. What was the only company that ever hired Huey?
(a) Gulf Shores Oil Company.
(b) Allied Oil Corporation.
(c) BP Oil Corporation.
(d) Consolidated-Progressive Oil Corporation.
12. What body of water flooded more than two million acres of land in Louisiana in 1927?
(a) The Gulf of Mexico.
(b) The Monongahela River.
(c) Lake Pontchartrain.
(d) The Mississippi River.
13. The event in which a voting mechanism was rigged and fistfights broke out on the floor of the legislature was called _____________________.
(a) Legislature Meltdown.
(b) New Orleans Brawl.
(c) Bloody Monday.
(d) Pontchartrain Free For All.
14. What was the main charge on which Huey would be tried in impeachment proceedings?
15. With what major oil company did Parker broker a deal regarding taxes?
(a) Texaco Oil.
(b) Standard Oil.
(c) Gulf Shores Oil.
(d) BP Oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which candidates usually won when they had the support of the Ring?
2. To what university did Huey win a scholarship?
3. Huey proposed a bill for a tax on ______________ to provide revenue for hospitals and charitable organizations.
4. Huey became an advocate for change in the area of __________________.
5. Who did Huey support in the 1916 election?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)