|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-20, pg. 526-582.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The event in which a voting mechanism was rigged and fistfights broke out on the floor of the legislature was called _____________________.
(a) Legislature Meltdown.
(b) Bloody Monday.
(c) Pontchartrain Free For All.
(d) New Orleans Brawl.
2. Campaigning for the 1928 gubernatorial race began in _________________.
(a) March 1927
(b) June 1926.
(c) November 1926.
(d) February 1927.
3. In what city did Huey attend high school?
(d) Baton Rouge.
4. In what year did Huey run for governor of Louisiana?
5. What did Huey do on his first day in the Senate?
(a) Took his staff to lunch.
(b) Worked twelve hours.
(c) Introduced himself to everyone on the floor.
(d) Called in sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue did Huey try to avoid in the governor race?
2. On what ticket did Earl Long run for Governor of Louisiana?
3. What type of business did Huey open in New Orleans while serving in the Senate?
4. What was a major campaign issue in the 1928 gubernatorial race?
5. Who served as the local political boss in Louisiana parishes in the early 20th century?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)