|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10, pgs. 181-243.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what university did Huey win a scholarship?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Duke University.
(d) Louisiana State University.
2. Who became a political foe of Long's in Washington?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
3. What profession did Huey practice after his move to #25?
4. Huey became an advocate for change in the area of __________________.
(a) Minimum wage law.
(b) Immigration law.
(c) Employer's liability law.
(d) Sexual harassment law.
5. In what area of law did Huey become an expert?
(b) Workman's Compensation.
(c) Real Estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what major oil company did Parker broker a deal regarding taxes?
2. Of what state did Huey Long become governor?
3. The political machine in ________________ was known as the Old Regular or Ring.
4. What was Huey often accused of being?
5. What role figured into Huey's political career plans?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)