Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
2. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
3. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
4. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
5. Who does Tom say almost spoiled their adventure?
Essay Topic 1
Since The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was published, much discussion has focused on the significance of the river/shore contrast. In a fluent essay, explain your personal response to this. What do you think is important about the river and in what important ways does it contrast with the shore?
Essay Topic 2
The activities of the King and the Duke show readers as much about the victims of fraud as it does about the perpetrators. Discuss, making close reference to the text. Include a detailed discussion of one of these characters' scams.
Essay Topic 3
Romantic imagination can be creative. In the character of Tom Sawyer, it is merely imitative. Discuss with close reference to the text.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)