|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck think is "the lonesomest sound in the whole world"?
2. What does Huck confess to Aunt Sally in Chapter 41?
3. What is Mrs. Hotchkiss's opinion of Jim?
4. What falls out of Uncle Silas's hat?
5. What suggests that Jim is only playing along with the two boys in their outrageous escape plan?
Essay Topic 1
Since The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was published, much discussion has focused on the significance of the river/shore contrast. In a fluent essay, explain your personal response to this. What do you think is important about the river and in what important ways does it contrast with the shore?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the idea of resourcefulness and why it is important in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Discuss the way in which this quality is demonstrated in two characters of your choice.
Essay Topic 3
There are many scenes in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in which a clash of values occurs. Discuss two character's whose values clash and how this clash affects the plot.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)