Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
2. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
3. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
4. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
5. Who does Tom say almost spoiled their adventure?
Essay Topic 1
There are many scenes in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in which a clash of values occurs. Discuss two character's whose values clash and how this clash affects the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Since The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was published, much discussion has focused on the significance of the river/shore contrast. In a fluent essay, explain your personal response to this. What do you think is important about the river and in what important ways does it contrast with the shore?
Essay Topic 3
In view of the events and ideas in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, explain what could be meant by 'society's make-believe' (Chapter 3). How important is this concept to the novel as a whole?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)