|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
2. For what reason is Peter Wilks' body to be exhumed?
3. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
4. What does Huck confess to Aunt Sally in Chapter 41?
5. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
Essay Topic 1
Since The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was published, much discussion has focused on the significance of the river/shore contrast. In a fluent essay, explain your personal response to this. What do you think is important about the river and in what important ways does it contrast with the shore?
Essay Topic 2
Huck's (or the author's) claim that this is a novel without a plot is simply not true. Do you agree? Discuss and evaluate the plot of Huckleberry Finn, making close reference to the text.
Essay Topic 3
The activities of the King and the Duke show readers as much about the victims of fraud as it does about the perpetrators. Discuss, making close reference to the text. Include a detailed discussion of one of these characters' scams.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)