|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Sally doing when Huck again escapes down the lightning rod?
2. How does Huck explain Tom's wound to the doctor in Chapter 41?
3. What are the clues that there is someone in the ash hopper?
4. Why is Silas Phelps scared?
5. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
Essay Topic 1
For many, the conclusion of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is a failure. Why do you think some people hold that view? Do you agree or disagree with it? Write a fluent essay in which you discuss and evaluate the final two chapters of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Romantic imagination can be creative. In the character of Tom Sawyer, it is merely imitative. Discuss with close reference to the text.
Essay Topic 3
Since The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was published, much discussion has focused on the significance of the river/shore contrast. In a fluent essay, explain your personal response to this. What do you think is important about the river and in what important ways does it contrast with the shore?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)