|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
2. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
3. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
4. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
5. Who does Tom say almost spoiled their adventure?
Essay Topic 1
Huck's conscience shows the struggle between what society wants us to do and what we know is right. These are often different. To what extent do you agree with this statement?
Essay Topic 2
The real hero of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' is Jim. Do you believe this to be a fair comment? Give clear reasons expressed in a fluent essay that refers closely to the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the important differences between the characters Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, as presented in the first four chapters of the novel.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)