Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
2. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
3. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
4. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
5. Who does Tom say almost spoiled their adventure?
This novel shows readers a series of communities in which behavior borders on the barbaric and living conditions are frequently very basic. Do you agree? Discuss this statement, making detailed reference to the text in support of your own original thinking.
In view of the events and ideas in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, explain what could be meant by 'society's make-believe' (Chapter 3). How important is this concept to the novel as a whole?
For many, the conclusion of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is a failure. Why do you think some people hold that view? Do you agree or disagree with it? Write a fluent essay in which you discuss and evaluate the final two chapters of the novel.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)