|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Jim think his prophecy of riches has been fulfilled?
2. What types of snakes do Huck and Tom catch?
3. In Chapter 32, who does Huck say gave him breakfast?
4. How had Tom planned to compensate Jim for the problems he caused him?
5. How does the doctor rate Huck as a liar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the idea of resourcefulness and why it is important in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Discuss the way in which this quality is demonstrated in two characters of your choice.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the important differences between the characters Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, as presented in the first four chapters of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Huck's (or the author's) claim that this is a novel without a plot is simply not true. Do you agree? Discuss and evaluate the plot of Huckleberry Finn, making close reference to the text.
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)