|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character leaves the raft to check out Pikesville?
(b) The King.
(d) The Duke.
2. From the list below, select the set of character traits Tom Sawyer is shown to have, as shown in Chapter 34.
(a) Imaginative, brave, true to his word, innovative, romantic.
(b) Innovative, easily led, amoral, gullible.
(c) Untrustworthy, attractive, serious, risk-taking, brave.
(d) Practical, slippery, easily led, sly, romantic.
3. Which animal does Tom suggest Jim might tame?
(a) A large spider.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A rat.
(d) A dog.
4. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(a) Smoking corncob pipes.
(b) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
(c) Telling stories.
5. How does Huck re-enter the house in Chapter 34?
(a) Through a side window.
(b) Through the front door
(c) By climbing the lightning rod.
(d) Through the back door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with Jim being imprisoned in a log cabin?
2. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
3. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
4. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
5. Why does Huck dress as a servant girl?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)