|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
(a) Difficulties could make it impossible to achieve.
(b) Difficulties have to be invented.
(c) Getting across the moat.
(d) Getting past the other slaves.
2. What is Aunt Sally doing when Huck again escapes down the lightning rod?
(a) Having a loud argument with Uncle Silas.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Mending her torn dress.
3. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
(a) To strip him and push him overboard.
(b) To drown him.
(c) To take his whiskey away from him.
(d) To tar and feather him.
4. Why is Aunt Sally cross in Chapter 37?
(a) She can't find her apron.
(b) Nobody remembered to chop wood.
(c) The stove has gone out.
(d) She can't find a shirt belonging to Uncle Silas.
5. What does Huck see behind the smokehouse in Chapter 35?
(a) The Duke.
(b) An old rusty saw.
(c) A case knife.
(d) Someone snooping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King do after his confession?
2. Why will Huck be the first to go into Indian territory?
3. What doesn't Tom Sawyer like about Huck's plan for releasing Jim?
4. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
5. How does Huck describe the Spanish moss he sees?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)