|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
(a) He is becoming too emotional in the role.
(b) He is bellowing when he should be speaking softly.
(c) His voice is too soft to be heard.
(d) The fact that he has a beard.
2. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
(a) The Duke.
3. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In his canoe.
(c) Under the wood heap.
(d) In Emeline's bedroom.
4. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
5. Who pumps Huck for information about England?
(a) Mary Jane.
(b) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
4. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
5. Which alias does the Duke adopt for the performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chapter 4 show the reader about Huckleberry Finn's character?
2. How do Jim and Huck survive as they travel down the river on the raft?
3. How seriously should readers take the disclaimer "By Order of the Author"?
4. What is significant about the murder of Boggs?
5. In what way can the character of Pappy be seen purely as social commentary?
6. What is the special relevance of the catastrophe related in Chapter 18?
7. Comment on Huck's experience of prayer in Chapter 3.
8. What is ironic about Jim claiming that a snakeskin brings bad luck?
9. What is the psychological card Colonel Sherburn plays so successfully during the confrontation?
10. In Chapter 13, why does Huck again find it necessary to adopt a disguise?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)