|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
(a) He is bellowing when he should be speaking softly.
(b) His voice is too soft to be heard.
(c) The fact that he has a beard.
(d) He is becoming too emotional in the role.
2. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(b) The mooring rope has been lost.
(c) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(d) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
3. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
(a) The Duke.
(d) The King.
4. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A crystal ball.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(d) A hairball.
5. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
(b) A performance of opera.
(c) A circus.
(d) A traveling freak show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
2. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
3. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
4. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
5. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are the scoundrels able to gain favor with the Wilks girls and the townsfolk?
2. What is the special relevance of the catastrophe related in Chapter 18?
3. Comment on the capacity for fantasy possessed by each main character as seen by Chapter 2 in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
4. What makes Huck ashamed of his humanity in Chapter 24?
5. How might Pappy's rejection of Huck's achievements at school be explained?
6. How does Twainagain explore the idea of conscience in Chapter 23?
7. Why does Huck consider moving the money from its hiding-place in Peter Wilks' coffin?
8. What is the psychological card Colonel Sherburn plays so successfully during the confrontation?
9. How do Jim and Huck survive as they travel down the river on the raft?
10. What traits does Huck demonstrate in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)