|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(b) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
(c) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(d) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
2. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
(a) In a closet.
(b) On the clothes-line.
(c) She was wearing it.
(d) Hanging on a chair.
3. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
(a) Miss Watson.
(b) Huck's aunt.
(c) Miss Wilks.
(d) Tom's mother.
4. Why does Huck dress as a servant girl?
(a) The clothing won't fit Tom himself.
(b) Tom persuades him to adopt this disguise to spy out information in the village.
(c) So that he won't be noticed as he delivers letters.
(d) Tom persuades him that the anonymous letters must be delivered by a servant girl.
5. Where is Aunt Sally's calico dress in Chapter 42?
(a) In the mending basket.
(b) Aunt Sally is wearing it.
(c) One of the slave women is wearing it.
(d) It's being worn by Jim.
6. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In front of the door.
(c) At the foot of Jim's bed.
(d) Beside the fireplace.
7. Who works out that Jim is confined in the ash hopper?
(a) Tom Sawyer.
(b) Harney Shepherdson.
(c) Silas Marner.
(d) Huck Finn.
8. Why does Tom Sawyer say "H'aint ever done you no harm"?
(a) He fears Huck will blackmail him about Jim.
(b) He thinks Huck is about to assault him.
(c) He thinks Huck is about to steal his horse.
(d) He thinks Huck is a ghost come to haunt him.
9. What does Huck confess to Aunt Sally in Chapter 41?
(a) That he had played pranks on Jim.
(b) That he had stolen chickens when traveling on the raft.
(c) That he and Tom had escaped via the lightning rod.
(d) That he had worn her dress.
10. How does Huck explain Tom's wound to the doctor in Chapter 41?
(a) He claims a bandit did the deed.
(b) He says Tom kicked a gun in his sleep, during a dream..
(c) He explains that Tom was cleaning the gun when it discharged.
(d) He claims that Tom slipped and fell and the gun discharged.
11. What is Aunt Sally doing when Huck again escapes down the lightning rod?
(a) Mending her torn dress.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Having a loud argument with Uncle Silas.
12. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
13. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The lawyer.
14. Why does Huck say in Chapter 32 that he needs to make a trip to town?
(a) To collect money.
(b) To collect his baggage.
(c) To exercise the horse.
(d) To meet another steamboat.
15. What is Tom's reaction when he hears that there are men with guns after the gang?
(a) He says they have gone too far and are in danger of being killed.
(b) He is excited and energized.
(c) He is very nervous but determined to press on.
(d) He is terrified and questions the wisdom of the enterprize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aunt Sally cross in Chapter 37?
2. In Chapter 32, who does Huck say gave him breakfast?
3. Who dresses in Aunt Sally's clothes in Chapter 40?
4. Why does Huck think he has no money left?
5. How does Huck re-enter the house in Chapter 34?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)