|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with Jim being imprisoned in a log cabin?
(a) It is very cold there at night.
(b) There is nowhere for Huck and Tom to hide should someone come by.
(c) There is no rock on which he can trace his coat-of-arms.
(d) It is easy for others to hear what is going on inside it.
2. Where does Tom leave an anonymous letter?
(a) In the fist of a sleeping slave.
(b) At the back of the neck of a sleeping slave.
(c) Sticking out from the front doormat.
(d) Under Aunt Sally's pillow.
3. What are the clues that there is someone in the ash hopper?
(a) People tip-toe by there.
(b) There's a lock on the door and watermelon is taken in there at suppertime.
(c) There is a lock on the door and someone can be heard wailing.
(d) Aunt Sally keeps looking at the place to check.
4. What does Aunt Sally think is wrong with Huck in Chapter 40?
(a) He has been eating jimson weed.
(b) He has influenza.
(c) He has sleep deprivation.
(d) He has brain fever.
5. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
(a) He was worried about Jim all alone on the raft.
(b) He needed to get away from the crowds.
(c) He claims he was warned he could be hanged.
(d) He was worried about Joanna and wanted to find her.
6. How does the doctor rate Huck as a liar?
(a) Very creative at it.
(d) He is unaware that Huck is telling lies.
7. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
(a) It had to circle around to pick up a passenger who'd fallen overboard.
(b) It ran aground.
(c) It blew a cylinder head.
(d) It was held up by bad weather.
8. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
(a) Two in the morning.
(b) Four in the morning.
(c) Around midnight.
9. Where is Aunt Sally's calico dress in Chapter 42?
(a) It's being worn by Jim.
(b) Aunt Sally is wearing it.
(c) One of the slave women is wearing it.
(d) In the mending basket.
10. Why is Silas Phelps scared?
(a) He has been to the Nonsuch and doesn't want Sally to find out.
(b) He thinks he has an illness.
(c) He thinks something dreadful has happened to the boat.
(d) He has received a stern letter from his bank manager.
11. Which character leaves the raft to check out Pikesville?
(a) The King.
(d) The Duke.
12. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
(a) On Jackson's Island.
(b) Under the sawmill's landing-stage.
(c) On the other side of the river.
(d) At a woody island in the river.
13. Why didn't Huck mind Uncle Silas' long blessing?
(a) He had taken a great liking to Uncle Silas.
(b) The food was so good.
(c) He was becoming religious.
(d) He didn't listen.
14. In what way does Jim think his prophecy of riches has been fulfilled?
(a) He experienced an epiphany in the prison room and considers that as riches.
(b) He is confirmed as having great friends, and that is riches indeed.
(c) He is to receive a regular income stream.
(d) He has received $40 from Tom.
15. What distance has Aunt Polly traveled to check up on Tom?
(a) Two hundred miles.
(b) Eleven miles.
(c) Eleven hundred miles.
(d) Five hundred miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
2. In Chapter 29, how does the King claim he arrived in the town?
3. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
4. How did the King obtain the money to get drunk?
5. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)