|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck re-enter the house in Chapter 34?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through the front door
(c) By climbing the lightning rod.
(d) Through a side window.
2. Why is there no reply to the letters Uncle Silas sends the plantation owners?
(a) The plantation owner has died.
(b) The plantation owner is bad-mannered.
(c) The plantation does not exist.
(d) The steamboat carring the mail has been sunk.
3. Why didn't Huck mind Uncle Silas' long blessing?
(a) The food was so good.
(b) He had taken a great liking to Uncle Silas.
(c) He didn't listen.
(d) He was becoming religious.
4. How does Tom arrive back at the Phelps farm in Chapter 42?
(a) On horseback.
(b) Carried on a mattress.
(c) In a wheelchair.
(d) In a cart.
5. Why is Silas Phelps scared?
(a) He thinks he has an illness.
(b) He has received a stern letter from his bank manager.
(c) He has been to the Nonsuch and doesn't want Sally to find out.
(d) He thinks something dreadful has happened to the boat.
6. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
(b) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(c) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
(d) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
7. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
(a) Miss Watson.
(b) Tom's mother.
(c) Huck's aunt.
(d) Miss Wilks.
8. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
(a) In jail.
(b) On the raft.
(c) At Abram G. Foster's farm.
(d) At the Phelps farm.
9. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(a) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
(b) Smoking corncob pipes.
(d) Telling stories.
10. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
(a) Difficulties could make it impossible to achieve.
(b) Getting across the moat.
(c) Getting past the other slaves.
(d) Difficulties have to be invented.
11. What does Huck see behind the smokehouse in Chapter 35?
(a) Someone snooping.
(b) An old rusty saw.
(c) A case knife.
(d) The Duke.
12. Why is Huck "mighty thankful to the old doctor"?
(a) For helping to hide Tom from the men and dogs.
(b) Because he didn't amputate Tom's leg.
(c) For listening to what Jim had to say.
(d) Because he spoke up for Jim.
13. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
(a) Through the storm cellar.
(b) Through the front window.
(c) Down the lightning rod.
(d) Out the back door.
14. Where do Huck and Tom obtain a wire rat trap?
(a) They steal it from the village shop.
(b) They find it on the rubbish pile.
(c) They find it in the shed.
(d) They buy it in the village.
15. How had Tom planned to compensate Jim for the problems he caused him?
(a) To have further river adventures and have a brass band procession.
(b) To buy a house for him, his wife and children.
(c) To organize a concert in his honor.
(d) To give him a job scouting in Indian territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with Jim being imprisoned in a log cabin?
2. What is the slave guard afraid of?
3. Why does Huck dress as a servant girl?
4. Why does Huck think he has no money left?
5. How does Huck describe the Spanish moss he sees?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)