|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck confess to Aunt Sally in Chapter 41?
(a) That he had worn her dress.
(b) That he had played pranks on Jim.
(c) That he had stolen chickens when traveling on the raft.
(d) That he and Tom had escaped via the lightning rod.
2. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
(b) He cries.
(c) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
(d) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
3. Why will Huck be the first to go into Indian territory?
(a) He wants to make friends with Indians.
(b) Because he wants to escape Aunt Sally's plans to adopt and civilize him.
(c) He is the best tracker and woodsman.
(d) He wants to escape from Tom's silly schemes.
4. What is Aunt Sally doing when Huck again escapes down the lightning rod?
(a) Mending her torn dress.
(b) Having a loud argument with Uncle Silas.
(c) Baking bread.
5. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
(a) A tin plate.
(b) The witch pie.
(c) His vittles.
(d) The rope ladder.
6. For what reason is Peter Wilks' body to be exhumed?
(a) To retrieve the money bag from the coffin.
(b) To see if there is a tattoo on his knee.
(c) To see if there is a tattoo on his chest.
(d) To be utterly certain they have buried the right man in the right grave.
7. In Chapter 35, what does Tom instruct Huck to do?
(a) Steal three knives.
(b) Steal a knife.
(c) Steal some food.
(d) Leave the back door open.
8. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The doctor.
9. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
(a) Getting across the moat.
(b) Difficulties could make it impossible to achieve.
(c) Difficulties have to be invented.
(d) Getting past the other slaves.
10. Why was it ineffective to set the dogs on the gang in Chapter 40?
(a) The boys and Jim had too much of a head start.
(b) The dogs knew the boys and Jim.
(c) The boys fed the dogs a sleeping drug.
(d) The boys and Jim crossed water and put them off the scent.
11. How does Huck re-enter the house in Chapter 34?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through a side window.
(c) By climbing the lightning rod.
(d) Through the front door
12. What falls out of Uncle Silas's hat?
(a) A rat.
(b) A shingle nail.
(c) A spoon.
(d) Some of his hair.
13. What is the slave guard afraid of?
(a) Silas Phelps.
(d) Being deprived of food.
14. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
(a) Through the storm cellar.
(b) Through the front window.
(c) Out the back door.
(d) Down the lightning rod.
15. In what way does Jim think his prophecy of riches has been fulfilled?
(a) He is confirmed as having great friends, and that is riches indeed.
(b) He is to receive a regular income stream.
(c) He has received $40 from Tom.
(d) He experienced an epiphany in the prison room and considers that as riches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury has the real William Wilks sustained?
2. Who does Tom say almost spoiled their adventure?
3. In Chapter 37, what does Uncle Silas promise to do next day?
4. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
5. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)