|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jim lavishly fussed over by the aunts?
(a) They don't want him to think badly of them.
(b) They haven't met a freed slave before.
(c) They want to make up for all Jim's unnecessary tribulations.
(d) They discover how wonderful Jim was in helping the doctor care for Tom.
2. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
(b) That he has money hidden away.
(c) The place where the raft is hidden.
(d) That the King and the Duke are after him.
3. Where does Tom leave an anonymous letter?
(a) Under Aunt Sally's pillow.
(b) Sticking out from the front doormat.
(c) In the fist of a sleeping slave.
(d) At the back of the neck of a sleeping slave.
4. Where does the King lay the blame for the missing money?
(a) The undertaker.
(c) Tom Collins.
(d) The slaves from the Wilks household.
5. Who built Silas Phelps' church?
(a) He raised money in the village.
(b) He built it himself.
(c) He obtained funds from the Unitarians.
(d) He had the building floated in from Baton Rouge.
6. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
(a) The witch pie.
(b) His vittles.
(c) A tin plate.
(d) The rope ladder.
7. Who works out that Jim is confined in the ash hopper?
(a) Harney Shepherdson.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Silas Marner.
(d) Huck Finn.
8. Why does Tom Sawyer say "H'aint ever done you no harm"?
(a) He thinks Huck is about to assault him.
(b) He thinks Huck is about to steal his horse.
(c) He thinks Huck is a ghost come to haunt him.
(d) He fears Huck will blackmail him about Jim.
9. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(a) The lawyer.
(d) The doctor.
10. What is the problem with Jim being imprisoned in a log cabin?
(a) It is very cold there at night.
(b) There is nowhere for Huck and Tom to hide should someone come by.
(c) There is no rock on which he can trace his coat-of-arms.
(d) It is easy for others to hear what is going on inside it.
11. What falls out of Uncle Silas's hat?
(a) A shingle nail.
(b) Some of his hair.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A rat.
12. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
(a) He thinks he might have to pay for it.
(b) He doesn't believe people should bear arms.
(c) He already has one.
(d) He thinks it's clothing.
13. How does the doctor rate Huck as a liar?
(a) He is unaware that Huck is telling lies.
(d) Very creative at it.
14. Why didn't Huck mind Uncle Silas' long blessing?
(a) He was becoming religious.
(b) The food was so good.
(c) He didn't listen.
(d) He had taken a great liking to Uncle Silas.
15. Where do Huck and Tom obtain a wire rat trap?
(a) They steal it from the village shop.
(b) They find it in the shed.
(c) They find it on the rubbish pile.
(d) They buy it in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Jim from being hanged?
2. How does Tom arrive back at the Phelps farm in Chapter 42?
3. What does Aunt Sally think is wrong with Huck in Chapter 40?
4. How does Huck re-enter the house in Chapter 34?
5. What does Huck see behind the smokehouse in Chapter 35?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)