|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) The King preaches a sermon.
(b) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
(c) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(d) Huck digs up the coffin.
2. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
3. Where does Colonel Sherburn stand to protect himself in Chapter 22?
(a) At the front door of his house.
(b) On the roof of his front porch.
(c) Behind the wood-heap.
(d) Behind his front gate.
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(c) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(d) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
5. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(c) The line breaks.
(d) The hook comes adrift.
6. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
7. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(b) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(c) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(d) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
8. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He has an astute observation of birds.
(b) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(c) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
9. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
10. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) The Devil incarnate.
(b) A right nasty varmint.
(c) The Angel of Death.
(d) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
11. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
12. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Huck Finn.
13. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
(a) The fact that he has a beard.
(b) His voice is too soft to be heard.
(c) He is becoming too emotional in the role.
(d) He is bellowing when he should be speaking softly.
14. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(d) Scarlet fever.
15. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(b) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(c) By the height of the waves.
(d) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
2. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
3. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
4. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
5. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)