|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
(b) Harney Shepherdson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(b) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(c) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(d) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
3. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Huck Finn.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
4. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(b) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(c) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
5. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
(b) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(c) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
(d) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
6. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
7. What are yallarboys?
(a) Children suffering from jaundice.
(b) A type of fish.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) Cowardly youths.
8. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(c) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(d) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
9. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(d) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
10. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A crystal ball.
(b) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(c) A hairball.
(d) A chicken's liver.
11. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
(a) Under Peter's bed.
(b) On the raft.
(c) In Peter's coffin.
(d) In Joanna's room.
12. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
(b) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(c) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
(d) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
13. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Miss Charlotte.
(b) The Nellie.
(c) The Walter Stott.
(d) The Walter Scott.
14. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
15. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
2. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
3. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
4. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
5. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)