|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
2. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(b) He has an astute observation of birds.
(c) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
3. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(c) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(d) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
5. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(b) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(c) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(d) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
6. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jameson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) George Jackson.
7. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
(b) Harney Shepherdson.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
8. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(c) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
9. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(d) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
10. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(d) Huck Finn.
11. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(b) Scarlet fever.
12. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(b) By the height of the waves.
(c) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(d) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
13. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(b) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(c) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(d) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
14. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) A hairball.
15. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(b) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
2. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
3. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
4. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
5. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)