|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(b) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(c) By the height of the waves.
(d) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
2. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
(a) He doesn't believe people should bear arms.
(b) He already has one.
(c) He thinks it's clothing.
(d) He thinks he might have to pay for it.
3. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
(a) At the Phelps farm.
(b) In jail.
(c) At Abram G. Foster's farm.
(d) On the raft.
4. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
(a) To tar and feather him.
(b) To take his whiskey away from him.
(c) To strip him and push him overboard.
(d) To drown him.
5. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(b) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(c) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
(d) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
2. What injury has the real William Wilks sustained?
3. From the list below, select the set of character traits Tom Sawyer is shown to have, as shown in Chapter 34.
4. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
5. Who built Silas Phelps' church?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)