|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) There was a dispute over land.
(b) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
(c) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
(d) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
2. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(b) He conceals it under willow branches.
(c) He scuttles it.
(d) He lets it drift down the river.
3. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
(a) In half an hour.
(b) They don't: they become sworn enemies.
(c) In an hour.
(d) By next morning.
4. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The King.
5. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(b) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
(c) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(d) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
2. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
3. How does Huck describe the Spanish moss he sees?
4. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)