|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Colonel Sherburn stand to protect himself in Chapter 22?
(a) At the front door of his house.
(b) Behind his front gate.
(c) On the roof of his front porch.
(d) Behind the wood-heap.
2. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
(a) Hamlet's soliloquy, the death of Macbeth and the death of Juliet.
(b) The Highland fling, the Irish jig and Malvolio's tirade.
(c) Hamlet's soliloquy, the Highland fling and the sword-dance.
(d) The Highland fling, the sailor's hornpipe and Hamlet's soliloquy.
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
4. How does Jim receive his food while in captivity?
(a) On a tin plate.
(b) On a pan.
(c) On a trencher made with fried bread.
(d) On a salver.
5. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
(a) Under the sawmill's landing-stage.
(b) On Jackson's Island.
(c) At a woody island in the river.
(d) On the other side of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal does Tom suggest Jim might tame?
2. What is Aunt Sally doing when Huck again escapes down the lightning rod?
3. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
4. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
5. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)