|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(b) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(d) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
2. Who dresses in Aunt Sally's clothes in Chapter 40?
(c) Aunt Sally.
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
4. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
(c) New York.
5. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
(b) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
(c) There was a dispute over land.
(d) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
2. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
3. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 37, what does Uncle Silas promise to do next day?
5. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)