|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
(a) He is out hunting.
(b) He is on business in Louisville.
(c) He is on holiday in New Orleans.
(d) He is dead.
2. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(b) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(c) The canoe is stolen.
(d) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
3. In Chapter 32, who does Huck say gave him breakfast?
(a) The steamboat Captain.
(b) A generous passenger on the steamboat.
(c) A nearby farmer.
(d) A lady at the steamboat landing.
4. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father beats him frequently.
(b) They never catch any fish.
(c) They run out of money.
(d) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
5. What are the clues that there is someone in the ash hopper?
(a) People tip-toe by there.
(b) There's a lock on the door and watermelon is taken in there at suppertime.
(c) There is a lock on the door and someone can be heard wailing.
(d) Aunt Sally keeps looking at the place to check.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
3. Who does Tom say almost spoiled their adventure?
4. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
5. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)