|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Tom Sawyer's.
(b) The widow's.
(c) Miss Watson's.
(d) His father's.
2. Why was it ineffective to set the dogs on the gang in Chapter 40?
(a) The dogs knew the boys and Jim.
(b) The boys fed the dogs a sleeping drug.
(c) The boys and Jim had too much of a head start.
(d) The boys and Jim crossed water and put them off the scent.
3. What distance has Aunt Polly traveled to check up on Tom?
(a) Five hundred miles.
(b) Eleven hundred miles.
(c) Two hundred miles.
(d) Eleven miles.
4. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
(a) It ran aground.
(b) It had to circle around to pick up a passenger who'd fallen overboard.
(c) It was held up by bad weather.
(d) It blew a cylinder head.
5. According to Tom, how long did the Marseilles prisoner take to dig out, and where did he emerge?
(a) Two hours to dig through to the prison kitchen.
(b) Thirty-seven years to dig in a circle around the prison and arrive where he started.
(c) Thirty-seven years to dig his way to China.
(d) Thirty-nine years to dig his way to China.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
3. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
4. What falls out of Uncle Silas's hat?
5. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)