|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction when he hears that there are men with guns after the gang?
(a) He is very nervous but determined to press on.
(b) He is terrified and questions the wisdom of the enterprize.
(c) He says they have gone too far and are in danger of being killed.
(d) He is excited and energized.
2. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
(a) He buys cornmeal flour in a village.
(b) He steals chickens and raids gardens for things like watermelons.
(c) He steals oranges and grapefruit.
(d) He finds food scraps outside restaurants.
3. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
(a) Harvey Wilks.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Judge Thatcher.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
4. What explanation for Tom's absence does Huck give Uncle Silas in Chapter 41?
(a) He says Tom is asleep in a canoe upriver.
(b) He says he has gone to the post office to see what is going on.
(c) He says Tom has gone to the blacksmith's to see what is going on.
(d) He says Tom has gone fishing.
5. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
(a) His fingernails are dirty.
(b) Huck does not thread a needle in a feminine way.
(c) He doesn't walk daintily in a dress.
(d) She sees that he has some fuzz on his cheeks and chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
2. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
3. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
4. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
5. Where does Colonel Sherburn stand to protect himself in Chapter 22?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)