|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
(a) Hiding the money in the coffin.
(b) Flirting with Mary Jane.
(c) Trying to escape with the money.
(d) Trying to drown Huck,
2. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
(a) His voice is too soft to be heard.
(b) He is bellowing when he should be speaking softly.
(c) He is becoming too emotional in the role.
(d) The fact that he has a beard.
3. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(c) Scarlet fever.
4. In Chapter 29, how does the King claim he arrived in the town?
(a) On the Susan Powell from Cincinnati.
(b) On the Beagle from New Orleans.
(c) On the Susan Powell from St. Paul.
(d) On the Beagle from Darwin.
5. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) That the King and the Duke are after him.
(b) That he has money hidden away.
(c) The place where the raft is hidden.
(d) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of snakes do Huck and Tom catch?
2. In Chapter 37, what does Uncle Silas promise to do next day?
3. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
4. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
5. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)