|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Huck and Tom obtain a wire rat trap?
(a) They find it in the shed.
(b) They steal it from the village shop.
(c) They buy it in the village.
(d) They find it on the rubbish pile.
2. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
(a) Judge Thatcher.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) Harvey Wilks.
3. Who does Tom say almost spoiled their adventure?
(a) Uncle Silas.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Aunt Sally.
4. Why isn't Jim able to sleep in Chapter 39?
(a) Huck and Tom make too much noise.
(b) He is excited about escaping.
(c) He is disturbed by the animals' activity.
(d) He is afraid of witches.
5. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(d) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
2. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
3. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
4. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
5. What are the clues that there is someone in the ash hopper?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)