|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
(a) She has to tell Uncle Abner that her mother is ill and out of money.
(b) She is running away from an arranged marriage.
(c) She is on her way to visit a sick aunt.
(d) She was bringing money to Uncle Abner, but was robbed.
2. Which character leaves the raft to check out Pikesville?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The King.
3. What doesn't Tom Sawyer like about Huck's plan for releasing Jim?
(a) It will result in too much noise.
(b) It is too complicated.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is too simple.
4. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
5. How does Huck re-enter the house in Chapter 34?
(a) Through the front door
(b) By climbing the lightning rod.
(c) Through a side window.
(d) Through the back door.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
2. How does Huck explain Tom's wound to the doctor in Chapter 41?
3. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
4. What falls out of Uncle Silas's hat?
5. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)