|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(b) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(c) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(d) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
2. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(b) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(d) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
3. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Tom Sawyer's.
(b) Miss Watson's.
(c) His father's.
(d) The widow's.
4. Why isn't Jim able to sleep in Chapter 39?
(a) He is excited about escaping.
(b) He is disturbed by the animals' activity.
(c) He is afraid of witches.
(d) Huck and Tom make too much noise.
5. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(b) His father beats him frequently.
(c) They never catch any fish.
(d) They run out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
2. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
3. Why is Aunt Sally cross in Chapter 37?
4. What does Huck confess to Aunt Sally in Chapter 41?
5. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)