|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(a) Judge Thatcher.
(b) Miss Watson.
(d) The new Judge.
2. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(c) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(d) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
3. Why didn't Huck mind Uncle Silas' long blessing?
(a) The food was so good.
(b) He had taken a great liking to Uncle Silas.
(c) He was becoming religious.
(d) He didn't listen.
4. What are the clues that there is someone in the ash hopper?
(a) There is a lock on the door and someone can be heard wailing.
(b) People tip-toe by there.
(c) There's a lock on the door and watermelon is taken in there at suppertime.
(d) Aunt Sally keeps looking at the place to check.
5. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
(a) A tin plate.
(b) The witch pie.
(c) His vittles.
(d) The rope ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
2. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
3. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
4. Where do Huck and Tom obtain a wire rat trap?
5. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)