|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
(a) It had to circle around to pick up a passenger who'd fallen overboard.
(b) It blew a cylinder head.
(c) It ran aground.
(d) It was held up by bad weather.
2. What does Aunt Sally think is wrong with Huck in Chapter 40?
(a) He has been eating jimson weed.
(b) He has sleep deprivation.
(c) He has brain fever.
(d) He has influenza.
3. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
(a) To drown him.
(b) To take his whiskey away from him.
(c) To tar and feather him.
(d) To strip him and push him overboard.
4. Why does Huck say in Chapter 32 that he needs to make a trip to town?
(a) To collect money.
(b) To meet another steamboat.
(c) To exercise the horse.
(d) To collect his baggage.
5. Where is Aunt Sally's calico dress in Chapter 42?
(a) In the mending basket.
(b) One of the slave women is wearing it.
(c) It's being worn by Jim.
(d) Aunt Sally is wearing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
2. The doctor uses the word "singular." In the context, what does this word mean?
3. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
4. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)