|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The mooring rope has been lost.
(b) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(c) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
(d) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
2. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
(a) They don't: they become sworn enemies.
(b) In an hour.
(c) By next morning.
(d) In half an hour.
3. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) In his canoe.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Under the wood heap.
(d) In Emeline's bedroom.
4. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
(a) The King and the Duke.
(b) Jim and the Duke.
(c) The King and Huck.
(d) Huck and Mary Jane.
5. For what reason is Peter Wilks' body to be exhumed?
(a) To retrieve the money bag from the coffin.
(b) To see if there is a tattoo on his knee.
(c) To be utterly certain they have buried the right man in the right grave.
(d) To see if there is a tattoo on his chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aunt Sally cross in Chapter 37?
2. How does Huck describe the Spanish moss he sees?
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
4. What injury has the real William Wilks sustained?
5. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)