|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The doctor.
2. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
(a) He already has one.
(b) He thinks he might have to pay for it.
(c) He thinks it's clothing.
(d) He doesn't believe people should bear arms.
3. Where is Aunt Sally's calico dress in Chapter 42?
(a) In the mending basket.
(b) One of the slave women is wearing it.
(c) Aunt Sally is wearing it.
(d) It's being worn by Jim.
4. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(c) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(d) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(b) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(c) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(d) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
2. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
3. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
4. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
5. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)