|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's American vernacular.
(b) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(c) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(d) Jim's accent.
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(b) The Devil gave it to him.
(c) He found it under a tree.
(d) He stole it from the Devil.
3. Where does Tom leave an anonymous letter?
(a) At the back of the neck of a sleeping slave.
(b) Sticking out from the front doormat.
(c) In the fist of a sleeping slave.
(d) Under Aunt Sally's pillow.
4. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(b) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(c) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(d) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(c) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(d) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck dress as a servant girl?
2. What are yallarboys?
3. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
4. What injury has the real William Wilks sustained?
5. Who does Tom say almost spoiled their adventure?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)