|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) The cemetery.
2. What are yallarboys?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Cowardly youths.
(c) A type of fish.
(d) Children suffering from jaundice.
3. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(a) The King.
(b) The undertaker.
4. Why does Tom Sawyer say "H'aint ever done you no harm"?
(a) He thinks Huck is about to steal his horse.
(b) He thinks Huck is about to assault him.
(c) He thinks Huck is a ghost come to haunt him.
(d) He fears Huck will blackmail him about Jim.
5. Where is Aunt Sally's calico dress in Chapter 42?
(a) It's being worn by Jim.
(b) One of the slave women is wearing it.
(c) Aunt Sally is wearing it.
(d) In the mending basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. What prevents Jim from being hanged?
5. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)