|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He cries.
(b) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
(c) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(d) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
2. Who built Silas Phelps' church?
(a) He obtained funds from the Unitarians.
(b) He built it himself.
(c) He had the building floated in from Baton Rouge.
(d) He raised money in the village.
3. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To evade Pappy.
(b) To find some berries.
(c) To find Jim.
(d) To steal a chicken.
4. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(a) The lawyer.
(d) The doctor.
5. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(b) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
(c) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
(d) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
2. What happens two days after the funeral?
3. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
4. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
5. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)