|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) He stole it from the Devil.
(b) He found it under a tree.
(c) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(d) The Devil gave it to him.
2. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) A hairball.
(d) A crystal ball.
3. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(a) Telling stories.
(b) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
(d) Smoking corncob pipes.
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Miss Charlotte.
(b) The Walter Scott.
(c) The Walter Stott.
(d) The Nellie.
5. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
(a) Racial prejudice.
(b) Poor dress standards.
(c) A negligent attitude to their church-going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
4. In Chapter 29, how does the King claim he arrived in the town?
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)