|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Falling over a black cat.
(b) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(c) Touching a snake's skin.
(d) Spitting into the wind.
2. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(b) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(c) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
3. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(b) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(c) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
4. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) Through a hole in the stern.
(b) Through the forward skylight.
(c) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
(d) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
5. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
(a) Hanging on a chair.
(b) In a closet.
(c) On the clothes-line.
(d) She was wearing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
2. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
4. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
5. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)