|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By the height of the waves.
(b) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(c) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(d) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
2. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The doctor.
3. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A circus.
(b) A performance of opera.
(c) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
(d) A traveling freak show.
4. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
(b) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(c) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(d) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
5. How do they all make good their escape from the villagers in Chapter 23?
(a) They sneak back to the raft and set off down the river.
(b) They run off to the woods and creep to the raft later.
(c) They steel horses and ride out of town.
(d) They lock the villagers in the hall and run for the raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
2. In Chapter 32, who does Huck say gave him breakfast?
3. What are the clues that there is someone in the ash hopper?
4. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
5. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)