|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
(a) In a scarlet smoking jacket and matching silk carpet slippers.
(b) In a blue tailcoat with brass buttons on it.
(c) In his miliraty uniform.
(d) In a suit of dazzling pure white.
2. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
(a) At Abram G. Foster's farm.
(b) In jail.
(c) At the Phelps farm.
(d) On the raft.
3. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(b) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(c) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(d) By the height of the waves.
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(c) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
5. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) It is a ghost town.
(b) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
(c) The town is under quarantine.
(d) It is siesta time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
3. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
4. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
5. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)