|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(b) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(c) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(d) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
2. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
(a) To take his whiskey away from him.
(b) To strip him and push him overboard.
(c) To drown him.
(d) To tar and feather him.
3. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(a) Harney Shepherson.
(c) Guests from New Orleans.
(d) No one.
4. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(b) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(c) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(d) He dislikes Moses' character.
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's American vernacular.
(b) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(c) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(d) Jim's accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is Peter Wilks' body to be exhumed?
2. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
3. Where does the King lay the blame for the missing money?
4. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
5. In Chapter 37, what does Uncle Silas promise to do next day?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)