|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(c) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(d) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
2. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
(a) A negligent attitude to their church-going.
(c) Racial prejudice.
(d) Poor dress standards.
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A chicken's liver.
(b) A hairball.
(c) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(d) A crystal ball.
5. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) That the King and the Duke are after him.
(b) The place where the raft is hidden.
(c) That he has money hidden away.
(d) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
2. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
3. How did the King obtain the money to get drunk?
4. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
5. Which character leaves the raft to check out Pikesville?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)