|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(b) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(c) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(d) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
2. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
3. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(b) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(c) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(d) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
4. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
(b) A performance of opera.
(c) A traveling freak show.
(d) A circus.
5. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(b) He has an astute observation of birds.
(c) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(d) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
2. In Chapter 29, how does the King claim he arrived in the town?
3. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
4. What 'relict' do the boys procure from the garret in Chapter 37?
5. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)