|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The doctor.
2. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(b) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(c) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(d) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
3. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) The Illinois bank of the river.
(b) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(c) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(d) Deep into the woods.
4. Why is Aunt Sally cross in Chapter 37?
(a) She can't find a shirt belonging to Uncle Silas.
(b) Nobody remembered to chop wood.
(c) The stove has gone out.
(d) She can't find her apron.
5. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(b) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(c) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(d) Huck's father left him $6,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
2. What does Huck think is "the lonesomest sound in the whole world"?
3. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
4. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
5. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)