|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
(a) Judge Thatcher is a suspect.
(b) Jim is a suspect.
(c) Pappy has accused Jim.
(d) Miss Watson is engaged to be married.
2. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(b) The Devil incarnate.
(c) A right nasty varmint.
(d) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
3. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A chicken's liver.
(b) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(c) A hairball.
(d) A crystal ball.
4. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(b) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(c) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(d) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
5. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A performance of opera.
(b) A traveling freak show.
(c) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
(d) A circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the slave guard afraid of?
2. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
3. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
4. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
5. What is the problem with Jim keeping a journal?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)