|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Harney Shepherdson.
2. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He has an astute observation of birds.
(b) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(c) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(d) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
3. What is the slave guard afraid of?
(a) Being deprived of food.
(c) Silas Phelps.
4. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
(b) The King.
(d) The Duke.
5. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(b) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
(c) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
(d) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
2. What does Huck do with his money?
3. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
4. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
5. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)