|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
(b) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
(c) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(d) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(b) Huck's American vernacular.
(c) Jim's accent.
(d) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
3. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(b) The new Judge.
(c) Judge Thatcher.
(d) Miss Watson.
4. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
(a) She was wearing it.
(b) Hanging on a chair.
(c) On the clothes-line.
(d) In a closet.
5. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(a) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
4. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
5. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)