|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury has the real William Wilks sustained?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A cut to the forehead.
(c) A broken elbow.
(d) A laceration to his foot.
2. How did the King obtain the money to get drunk?
(a) He robbed a house.
(b) He had kept some of the Wilks family's money.
(c) He sold Jim as a runaway slave.
(d) He stole from an old woman.
3. For what reason is Peter Wilks' body to be exhumed?
(a) To be utterly certain they have buried the right man in the right grave.
(b) To see if there is a tattoo on his knee.
(c) To retrieve the money bag from the coffin.
(d) To see if there is a tattoo on his chest.
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He has an astute observation of birds.
(b) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(c) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(d) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
5. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
(a) Getting across the moat.
(b) Getting past the other slaves.
(c) Difficulties have to be invented.
(d) Difficulties could make it impossible to achieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
3. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
4. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
5. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)