|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's American vernacular.
(b) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(c) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(d) Jim's accent.
2. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To find some berries.
(b) To find Jim.
(c) To evade Pappy.
(d) To steal a chicken.
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jackson.
(b) George Jameson.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
4. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
(a) His vittles.
(b) The rope ladder.
(c) The witch pie.
(d) A tin plate.
5. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(b) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(d) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
2. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
3. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
4. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
5. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)