|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
(b) Through the forward skylight.
(c) Through a hole in the stern.
(d) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
2. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) A hairball.
3. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
(a) He climbs up the inside of the chimney.
(b) He saws his way out.
(c) He smashes a window and climbs out.
(d) He prizes up the floorboards and escapes that way.
4. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(b) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(c) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(d) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
5. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(b) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(c) He dislikes Moses' character.
(d) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
2. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
4. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
5. What does Huck think is "the lonesomest sound in the whole world"?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)