|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) The place where the raft is hidden.
(b) That the King and the Duke are after him.
(c) That he has money hidden away.
(d) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
2. In Chapter 29, how does the King claim he arrived in the town?
(a) On the Beagle from Darwin.
(b) On the Susan Powell from Cincinnati.
(c) On the Susan Powell from St. Paul.
(d) On the Beagle from New Orleans.
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(b) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(c) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(d) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
4. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) The Duke.
(d) Huck Finn.
5. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
(a) He steals oranges and grapefruit.
(b) He steals chickens and raids gardens for things like watermelons.
(c) He finds food scraps outside restaurants.
(d) He buys cornmeal flour in a village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Tom Sawyer like about Huck's plan for releasing Jim?
2. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
3. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
4. What is the problem with Jim keeping a journal?
5. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)