|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
(a) His fingernails are dirty.
(b) She sees that he has some fuzz on his cheeks and chin.
(c) He doesn't walk daintily in a dress.
(d) Huck does not thread a needle in a feminine way.
2. How does Jim receive his food while in captivity?
(a) On a salver.
(b) On a trencher made with fried bread.
(c) On a tin plate.
(d) On a pan.
3. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(b) The cemetery.
(c) Baton Rouge.
4. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(b) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(c) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(d) The possibility of valuable salvage.
5. What injury has the real William Wilks sustained?
(a) A cut to the forehead.
(b) A laceration to his foot.
(c) A broken elbow.
(d) A broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
3. What doesn't Tom Sawyer like about Huck's plan for releasing Jim?
4. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
5. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)