|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(b) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(c) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
2. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
3. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A right nasty varmint.
(b) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(c) The Angel of Death.
(d) The Devil incarnate.
4. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) He dislikes Moses' character.
(b) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(c) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(d) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
5. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) Under the wood heap.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In his canoe.
(d) In Emeline's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
2. Where does the King lay the blame for the missing money?
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
5. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)