|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Aunt Sally cross in Chapter 37?
(a) Nobody remembered to chop wood.
(b) She can't find a shirt belonging to Uncle Silas.
(c) The stove has gone out.
(d) She can't find her apron.
2. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
3. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(b) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(c) He has an astute observation of birds.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
4. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(b) The Devil gave it to him.
(c) He found it under a tree.
(d) He stole it from the Devil.
5. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
(a) The King and Huck.
(b) The King and the Duke.
(c) Huck and Mary Jane.
(d) Jim and the Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
2. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
3. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
4. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
5. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)