|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
(a) Hamlet's soliloquy, the death of Macbeth and the death of Juliet.
(b) The Highland fling, the Irish jig and Malvolio's tirade.
(c) The Highland fling, the sailor's hornpipe and Hamlet's soliloquy.
(d) Hamlet's soliloquy, the Highland fling and the sword-dance.
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(b) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(c) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(d) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
3. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
(a) Racial prejudice.
(c) A negligent attitude to their church-going.
(d) Poor dress standards.
4. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(b) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(c) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(d) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(b) Jim's accent.
(c) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(d) Huck's American vernacular.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with Jim keeping a journal?
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
3. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
4. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
5. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)