|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(b) Huck's American vernacular.
(c) Jim's accent.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(d) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
3. According to Tom, how long did the Marseilles prisoner take to dig out, and where did he emerge?
(a) Thirty-seven years to dig his way to China.
(b) Thirty-nine years to dig his way to China.
(c) Two hours to dig through to the prison kitchen.
(d) Thirty-seven years to dig in a circle around the prison and arrive where he started.
4. How does Huck describe the Spanish moss he sees?
(a) "Like long green beards."
(b) "Like long gray beards."
(c) "Like lonely nuns."
(d) "Like prayer shawls."
5. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
(b) The place where the raft is hidden.
(c) That he has money hidden away.
(d) That the King and the Duke are after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck say in Chapter 32 that he needs to make a trip to town?
2. In Chapter 37, what does Uncle Silas promise to do next day?
3. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
4. What happens two days after the funeral?
5. Where does the King lay the blame for the missing money?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)