|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
2. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) Huck digs up the coffin.
(b) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
(c) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(d) The King preaches a sermon.
3. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(b) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(c) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(d) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
4. In Chapter 29, how does the King claim he arrived in the town?
(a) On the Susan Powell from St. Paul.
(b) On the Beagle from Darwin.
(c) On the Susan Powell from Cincinnati.
(d) On the Beagle from New Orleans.
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
2. What are the clues that there is someone in the ash hopper?
3. What is the slave guard afraid of?
4. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
5. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)