|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The mooring rope has been lost.
(b) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(c) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(d) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
2. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
3. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
(a) Getting past the other slaves.
(b) Difficulties could make it impossible to achieve.
(c) Difficulties have to be invented.
(d) Getting across the moat.
4. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
(a) The King and Huck.
(b) Huck and Mary Jane.
(c) Jim and the Duke.
(d) The King and the Duke.
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(c) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(d) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
Short Answer Questions
1. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
2. Which alias does the Duke adopt for the performance?
3. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
4. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)