|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tom, how long did the Marseilles prisoner take to dig out, and where did he emerge?
(a) Thirty-nine years to dig his way to China.
(b) Two hours to dig through to the prison kitchen.
(c) Thirty-seven years to dig in a circle around the prison and arrive where he started.
(d) Thirty-seven years to dig his way to China.
2. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
(b) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
(c) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(d) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
3. From the list below, select the set of character traits Tom Sawyer is shown to have, as shown in Chapter 34.
(a) Innovative, easily led, amoral, gullible.
(b) Untrustworthy, attractive, serious, risk-taking, brave.
(c) Practical, slippery, easily led, sly, romantic.
(d) Imaginative, brave, true to his word, innovative, romantic.
4. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) On the porch of the house.
(b) On the veranda of the general store.
(c) In the church hall.
(d) In the public square.
5. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
(a) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
2. What falls out of Uncle Silas's hat?
3. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
4. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
5. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)