|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Silas Phelps scared?
(a) He has received a stern letter from his bank manager.
(b) He thinks something dreadful has happened to the boat.
(c) He has been to the Nonsuch and doesn't want Sally to find out.
(d) He thinks he has an illness.
2. For what reason is Peter Wilks' body to be exhumed?
(a) To retrieve the money bag from the coffin.
(b) To see if there is a tattoo on his chest.
(c) To be utterly certain they have buried the right man in the right grave.
(d) To see if there is a tattoo on his knee.
3. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
5. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) Journeying into the unknown.
(b) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(c) The power of the river.
(d) A supernatural presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
2. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
3. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
4. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)