|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck think is "the lonesomest sound in the whole world"?
(a) The hum of a spinning-wheel.
(b) The baying of hounds.
(c) The cry of a whippoorwill.
(d) The lapping of water at midnight.
2. In Chapter 29, how does the King claim he arrived in the town?
(a) On the Susan Powell from St. Paul.
(b) On the Beagle from New Orleans.
(c) On the Susan Powell from Cincinnati.
(d) On the Beagle from Darwin.
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(d) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
4. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
(a) He is bellowing when he should be speaking softly.
(b) His voice is too soft to be heard.
(c) He is becoming too emotional in the role.
(d) The fact that he has a beard.
5. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(b) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(c) The canoe is stolen.
(d) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
2. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)