|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The doctor.
2. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(b) The canoe is stolen.
(c) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(d) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
3. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(b) The cemetery.
(d) Baton Rouge.
4. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
(a) Hamlet's soliloquy, the death of Macbeth and the death of Juliet.
(b) Hamlet's soliloquy, the Highland fling and the sword-dance.
(c) The Highland fling, the sailor's hornpipe and Hamlet's soliloquy.
(d) The Highland fling, the Irish jig and Malvolio's tirade.
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(c) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(d) They want to get rid of Turner first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
2. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
3. For what reason is Peter Wilks' body to be exhumed?
4. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
5. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)