|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are yallarboys?
(a) A type of fish.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Children suffering from jaundice.
(d) Cowardly youths.
2. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
(a) They hide in a ditch.
(b) They stay on the raft that they have covered with branches.
(c) They dig a shelter on the riverbank.
(d) They hide in a cottonwood thicket.
3. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's American vernacular.
(b) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(c) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(d) Jim's accent.
4. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(a) Harney Shepherson.
(c) Guests from New Orleans.
(d) No one.
5. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
(b) The place where the raft is hidden.
(c) That he has money hidden away.
(d) That the King and the Duke are after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
2. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
3. How do they all make good their escape from the villagers in Chapter 23?
4. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
5. Why does Tom Sawyer say "H'aint ever done you no harm"?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)