|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To steal a chicken.
(b) To find some berries.
(c) To evade Pappy.
(d) To find Jim.
2. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(b) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(c) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(d) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
3. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) That he has money hidden away.
(b) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
(c) The place where the raft is hidden.
(d) That the King and the Duke are after him.
4. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
(b) Racial prejudice.
(c) Poor dress standards.
(d) A negligent attitude to their church-going.
5. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
(b) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(c) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
(d) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
2. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
5. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)