|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Huck be able to find Jim?
(a) At Abram G. Foster's farm.
(b) In jail.
(c) On the raft.
(d) At the Phelps farm.
2. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
(a) He is on holiday in New Orleans.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is on business in Louisville.
(d) He is out hunting.
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
(b) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(c) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(d) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
5. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
(a) The Highland fling, the Irish jig and Malvolio's tirade.
(b) The Highland fling, the sailor's hornpipe and Hamlet's soliloquy.
(c) Hamlet's soliloquy, the Highland fling and the sword-dance.
(d) Hamlet's soliloquy, the death of Macbeth and the death of Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
3. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
4. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)