|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
2. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) It is a ghost town.
(b) The town is under quarantine.
(c) It is siesta time.
(d) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
3. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(b) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(c) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(d) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
4. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(a) The King.
(d) The undertaker.
5. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
(a) On Jackson's Island.
(b) On the other side of the river.
(c) Under the sawmill's landing-stage.
(d) At a woody island in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
2. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
3. How do they all make good their escape from the villagers in Chapter 23?
4. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)