|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
(a) A chicken farm.
(b) A cotton plantation.
(c) They run cattle.
(d) A hog farm.
2. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
3. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He scuttles it.
(b) He lets it drift down the river.
(c) He conceals it under willow branches.
(d) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
4. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(b) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(d) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A hairball.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck say in Chapter 32 that he needs to make a trip to town?
2. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
3. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
4. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
5. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)