|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) In his canoe.
(b) Under the wood heap.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In Emeline's bedroom.
2. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(a) The new Judge.
(b) Miss Watson.
(d) Judge Thatcher.
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(b) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(c) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(d) They are worried about the river currents.
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(d) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
5. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
(b) Through the forward skylight.
(c) Through a hole in the stern.
(d) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
2. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
3. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
4. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)