|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(b) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(c) By the height of the waves.
(d) By the way it sticks out of the water.
2. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) They run out of money.
(b) His father beats him frequently.
(c) They never catch any fish.
(d) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jackson.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) George Jameson.
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(b) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(c) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(d) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
5. Who keeps hold of Huck's hand in Chapter 29?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
2. What are yallarboys?
3. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
4. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)