|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
(b) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(c) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(d) The mooring rope has been lost.
2. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) Guests from New Orleans.
(c) No one.
(d) Harney Shepherson.
3. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The line breaks.
(c) The hook comes adrift.
(d) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
4. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In bundles secured to treetops.
(d) In a cavern.
5. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) The widow's.
(b) Miss Watson's.
(c) Tom Sawyer's.
(d) His father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
2. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
3. Why is Silas Phelps scared?
4. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
5. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)