|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
(a) His fingernails are dirty.
(b) She sees that he has some fuzz on his cheeks and chin.
(c) He doesn't walk daintily in a dress.
(d) Huck does not thread a needle in a feminine way.
2. How does Huck describe the Spanish moss he sees?
(a) "Like long gray beards."
(b) "Like prayer shawls."
(c) "Like long green beards."
(d) "Like lonely nuns."
3. Why is Silas Phelps scared?
(a) He has received a stern letter from his bank manager.
(b) He has been to the Nonsuch and doesn't want Sally to find out.
(c) He thinks he has an illness.
(d) He thinks something dreadful has happened to the boat.
4. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
(a) He is on holiday in New Orleans.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is out hunting.
(d) He is on business in Louisville.
5. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(b) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(c) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(d) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor rate Huck as a liar?
2. Why does Huck say in Chapter 32 that he needs to make a trip to town?
3. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
4. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
5. What are yallarboys?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)