|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The hook comes adrift.
(b) The line breaks.
(c) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(d) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
2. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
(a) Tom's mother.
(b) Huck's aunt.
(c) Miss Wilks.
(d) Miss Watson.
3. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
(a) Miss Watson is engaged to be married.
(b) Judge Thatcher is a suspect.
(c) Jim is a suspect.
(d) Pappy has accused Jim.
4. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
(a) To strip him and push him overboard.
(b) To take his whiskey away from him.
(c) To drown him.
(d) To tar and feather him.
5. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
(a) It ran aground.
(b) It had to circle around to pick up a passenger who'd fallen overboard.
(c) It blew a cylinder head.
(d) It was held up by bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are yallarboys?
2. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
3. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
4. Why does Huck say in Chapter 32 that he needs to make a trip to town?
5. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)