|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) They think it contains poison.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(d) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
2. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(b) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
(c) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
(d) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
3. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
4. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
(b) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
(c) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(d) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
2. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
3. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
4. How did the King obtain the money to get drunk?
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)