|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
(a) On Jackson's Island.
(b) Under the sawmill's landing-stage.
(c) On the other side of the river.
(d) At a woody island in the river.
2. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A right nasty varmint.
(b) The Angel of Death.
(c) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(d) The Devil incarnate.
3. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(b) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(c) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
4. For what reason is Peter Wilks' body to be exhumed?
(a) To see if there is a tattoo on his chest.
(b) To retrieve the money bag from the coffin.
(c) To see if there is a tattoo on his knee.
(d) To be utterly certain they have buried the right man in the right grave.
5. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(b) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
(c) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(d) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
2. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
3. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
4. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
5. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)