|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(b) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(c) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
2. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(b) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(c) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(d) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
3. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) The place where the raft is hidden.
(b) That he has money hidden away.
(c) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
(d) That the King and the Duke are after him.
4. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
5. Why didn't Huck mind Uncle Silas' long blessing?
(a) He had taken a great liking to Uncle Silas.
(b) The food was so good.
(c) He didn't listen.
(d) He was becoming religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck say in Chapter 32 that he needs to make a trip to town?
2. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
3. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
4. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)