|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A circus.
(b) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
(c) A traveling freak show.
(d) A performance of opera.
2. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) The King preaches a sermon.
(b) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(c) Huck digs up the coffin.
(d) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
3. What does Huck think is "the lonesomest sound in the whole world"?
(a) The cry of a whippoorwill.
(b) The hum of a spinning-wheel.
(c) The baying of hounds.
(d) The lapping of water at midnight.
4. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
(a) A quarrel over food.
(b) Some rapids.
(c) Huck loses his lantern and Jim can't see him.
(d) A large island.
5. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
(a) The King and Huck.
(b) The King and the Duke.
(c) Huck and Mary Jane.
(d) Jim and the Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
3. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
4. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
5. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)