|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
(a) They run cattle.
(b) A hog farm.
(c) A chicken farm.
(d) A cotton plantation.
2. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A hairball.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
3. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(c) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(d) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
4. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
(a) Miss Watson.
(b) Huck's aunt.
(c) Tom's mother.
(d) Miss Wilks.
5. Where does Huck hide the raft in Chapter 31?
(a) At a woody island in the river.
(b) On the other side of the river.
(c) Under the sawmill's landing-stage.
(d) On Jackson's Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
2. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
3. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
4. What does Huck think is "the lonesomest sound in the whole world"?
5. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)