|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(c) The hook comes adrift.
(d) The line breaks.
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(b) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(c) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) The cemetery.
5. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(b) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(c) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
2. What injury has the real William Wilks sustained?
3. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
4. What are yallarboys?
5. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)