|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
(a) She is on her way to visit a sick aunt.
(b) She has to tell Uncle Abner that her mother is ill and out of money.
(c) She was bringing money to Uncle Abner, but was robbed.
(d) She is running away from an arranged marriage.
2. Why didn't Huck mind Uncle Silas' long blessing?
(a) The food was so good.
(b) He was becoming religious.
(c) He had taken a great liking to Uncle Silas.
(d) He didn't listen.
3. In Chapter 32, who does Huck say gave him breakfast?
(a) A lady at the steamboat landing.
(b) The steamboat Captain.
(c) A generous passenger on the steamboat.
(d) A nearby farmer.
4. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A right nasty varmint.
(b) The Angel of Death.
(c) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(d) The Devil incarnate.
5. Why is Silas Phelps scared?
(a) He has received a stern letter from his bank manager.
(b) He thinks he has an illness.
(c) He thinks something dreadful has happened to the boat.
(d) He has been to the Nonsuch and doesn't want Sally to find out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
2. How did the King obtain the money to get drunk?
3. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
4. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
5. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)