|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
(b) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
(c) Through a hole in the stern.
(d) Through the forward skylight.
2. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(b) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(c) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(d) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
3. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) He found it under a tree.
(b) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(c) The Devil gave it to him.
(d) He stole it from the Devil.
4. Which alias does the Duke adopt for the performance?
(a) An actor called David Garrick the Elder.
(b) An actor called Thoman Kean the incredible.
(c) An actor called Billie Langtry.
(d) An actor called David Garrick the Younger.
5. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(b) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(c) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(d) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
2. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
3. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
4. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)