|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a cavern.
(b) In bundles secured to treetops.
(c) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(d) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
2. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(b) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(c) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(d) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
3. Who pumps Huck for information about England?
(b) The King.
(c) Mary Jane.
4. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
(a) It ran aground.
(b) It blew a cylinder head.
(c) It was held up by bad weather.
(d) It had to circle around to pick up a passenger who'd fallen overboard.
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(b) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(c) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(d) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
3. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
4. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
5. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)