|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Scott.
(b) The Nellie.
(c) The Walter Stott.
(d) The Miss Charlotte.
2. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(b) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
(c) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(d) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
3. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
(a) They dig a shelter on the riverbank.
(b) They hide in a cottonwood thicket.
(c) They hide in a ditch.
(d) They stay on the raft that they have covered with branches.
4. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
(a) He is becoming too emotional in the role.
(b) The fact that he has a beard.
(c) He is bellowing when he should be speaking softly.
(d) His voice is too soft to be heard.
5. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
(a) Huck Finn.
(c) The Duke.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
4. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
5. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)