|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) He found it under a tree.
(b) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(c) He stole it from the Devil.
(d) The Devil gave it to him.
2. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To steal a chicken.
(b) To find some berries.
(c) To evade Pappy.
(d) To find Jim.
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A crystal ball.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(d) A hairball.
5. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
(a) He is on business in Louisville.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is on holiday in New Orleans.
(d) He is out hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
2. What are yallarboys?
3. What does Huck do with his money?
4. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
5. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)