|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(b) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(c) The mooring rope has been lost.
(d) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
2. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(b) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(c) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(d) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
3. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) The town is under quarantine.
(b) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
(c) It is siesta time.
(d) It is a ghost town.
4. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(b) The Devil incarnate.
(c) A right nasty varmint.
(d) The Angel of Death.
5. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
2. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
3. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
4. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
5. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)