|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In bundles secured to treetops.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In a cavern.
(d) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
2. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(b) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(c) They are worried about the river currents.
(d) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
3. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) They run out of money.
(b) They never catch any fish.
(c) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(d) His father beats him frequently.
4. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) Through a hole in the stern.
(b) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
(c) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
(d) Through the forward skylight.
5. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(a) No one.
(b) Guests from New Orleans.
(c) Harney Shepherson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
2. What does Huck call "the horriblest looking outrage I ever see"?
3. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
4. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
5. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)