|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
(a) He has a drink of water.
(b) He pretends to sneeze.
(c) He says there's a mouse under the table.
(d) He pretends to choke on a chicken bone.
2. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(c) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(d) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
3. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
(b) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(c) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(d) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
4. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
(a) Hamlet's soliloquy, the Highland fling and the sword-dance.
(b) The Highland fling, the Irish jig and Malvolio's tirade.
(c) Hamlet's soliloquy, the death of Macbeth and the death of Juliet.
(d) The Highland fling, the sailor's hornpipe and Hamlet's soliloquy.
5. Who pumps Huck for information about England?
(a) Mary Jane.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Huck pleased he chose to hide behind the curtain and not under the bed in Chapter 26?
2. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
3. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
4. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
5. What does Huck call "the horriblest looking outrage I ever see"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)