|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(b) Touching a snake's skin.
(c) Falling over a black cat.
(d) Spitting into the wind.
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(d) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
3. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
(a) He steals oranges and grapefruit.
(b) He steals chickens and raids gardens for things like watermelons.
(c) He finds food scraps outside restaurants.
(d) He buys cornmeal flour in a village.
4. How do they all make good their escape from the villagers in Chapter 23?
(a) They run off to the woods and creep to the raft later.
(b) They lock the villagers in the hall and run for the raft.
(c) They sneak back to the raft and set off down the river.
(d) They steel horses and ride out of town.
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(b) A hairball.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) A chicken's liver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
2. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
3. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
4. What are yallarboys?
5. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)