|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(c) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(d) There are additional marks made by a spur.
2. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(d) Huck's father left him $6,000.
3. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(b) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(c) By the height of the waves.
(d) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
4. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(b) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(c) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(d) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
5. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
(a) He finds food scraps outside restaurants.
(b) He steals chickens and raids gardens for things like watermelons.
(c) He steals oranges and grapefruit.
(d) He buys cornmeal flour in a village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
2. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
3. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
4. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
5. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)