|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(b) Jim's accent.
(c) Huck's American vernacular.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
2. Which alias does the Duke adopt for the performance?
(a) An actor called Billie Langtry.
(b) An actor called David Garrick the Elder.
(c) An actor called Thoman Kean the incredible.
(d) An actor called David Garrick the Younger.
3. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) In his canoe.
(b) Under the wood heap.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In Emeline's bedroom.
4. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
(a) Racial prejudice.
(b) A negligent attitude to their church-going.
(d) Poor dress standards.
5. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(d) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
2. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
3. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
4. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
5. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)