|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In bundles secured to treetops.
(b) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(c) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(d) In a cavern.
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The hook comes adrift.
(c) The line breaks.
(d) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(b) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
4. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(c) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(d) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
5. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(b) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(c) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(d) By the height of the waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
2. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
3. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
4. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
5. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)