|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) A hairball.
(d) A crystal ball.
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(b) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(c) They think it contains poison.
(d) It is broken.
3. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
(a) He pretends to sneeze.
(b) He has a drink of water.
(c) He pretends to choke on a chicken bone.
(d) He says there's a mouse under the table.
4. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) No one.
(c) Harney Shepherson.
(d) Guests from New Orleans.
5. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(b) The Devil incarnate.
(c) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(d) A right nasty varmint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
2. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
3. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
5. Who pumps Huck for information about England?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)