|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(b) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(c) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
2. Who pumps Huck for information about England?
(b) The King.
(c) Mary Jane.
3. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
(b) The canoe is stolen.
(c) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(d) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
4. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Orange County in California.
(b) Pike County in Illinois.
(c) Pike County in Missouri.
(d) Carp County in Illinois.
5. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
2. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
3. How do they all make good their escape from the villagers in Chapter 23?
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
5. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)