|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(b) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(c) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(d) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
2. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(b) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(c) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(d) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) George Jackson.
(c) George Jameson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
4. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To steal a chicken.
(b) To find some berries.
(c) To find Jim.
(d) To evade Pappy.
5. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
3. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
4. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
5. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)