|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(b) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(c) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(d) By the height of the waves.
2. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) They run out of money.
(b) They never catch any fish.
(c) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(d) His father beats him frequently.
3. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He has an astute observation of birds.
(b) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(c) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(d) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
5. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Miss Charlotte.
(b) The Walter Scott.
(c) The Walter Stott.
(d) The Nellie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
2. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
3. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
4. How do they all make good their escape from the villagers in Chapter 23?
5. Which alias does the Duke adopt for the performance?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)