|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
(a) A large island.
(b) Some rapids.
(c) A quarrel over food.
(d) Huck loses his lantern and Jim can't see him.
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(b) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(c) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(d) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(b) They run out of money.
(c) They never catch any fish.
(d) His father beats him frequently.
5. Who pumps Huck for information about England?
(a) Mary Jane.
(b) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
2. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
3. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
4. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
5. What does Huck call "the horriblest looking outrage I ever see"?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)