|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Stott.
(b) The Nellie.
(c) The Miss Charlotte.
(d) The Walter Scott.
2. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(a) Guests from New Orleans.
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(d) No one.
3. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(a) The new Judge.
(b) Judge Thatcher.
(c) Miss Watson.
4. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The canoe is stolen.
(b) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
(c) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(d) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
5. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(b) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(c) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
2. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
3. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
4. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)