|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
2. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
3. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
(a) Judge Thatcher is a suspect.
(b) Pappy has accused Jim.
(c) Jim is a suspect.
(d) Miss Watson is engaged to be married.
4. Where does Colonel Sherburn stand to protect himself in Chapter 22?
(a) On the roof of his front porch.
(b) Behind his front gate.
(c) Behind the wood-heap.
(d) At the front door of his house.
5. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A circus.
(b) A performance of opera.
(c) A traveling freak show.
(d) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
2. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
4. How does Huck give himself thinking time when questions about England become awkward?
5. Why is Huck pleased he chose to hide behind the curtain and not under the bed in Chapter 26?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)