|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(b) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(c) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(d) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
2. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Carp County in Illinois.
(b) Pike County in Illinois.
(c) Pike County in Missouri.
(d) Orange County in California.
3. What does Huck call "the horriblest looking outrage I ever see"?
(a) Slaves being beaten by a cruel overseer.
(b) Jim begging to be tied up again.
(c) The King and the Duke buying clothes with their swindled money.
(d) Jim dressed up and painted as a sick Arab.
4. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) They run out of money.
(b) They never catch any fish.
(c) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(d) His father beats him frequently.
5. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(c) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(d) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
2. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
3. Why is Huck pleased he chose to hide behind the curtain and not under the bed in Chapter 26?
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
5. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)