|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Stott.
(b) The Miss Charlotte.
(c) The Nellie.
(d) The Walter Scott.
2. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(b) Spitting into the wind.
(c) Falling over a black cat.
(d) Touching a snake's skin.
3. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
(a) He is out hunting.
(b) He is on business in Louisville.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is on holiday in New Orleans.
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(d) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
5. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(b) A right nasty varmint.
(c) The Devil incarnate.
(d) The Angel of Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
2. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
3. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
4. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
5. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)