|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) He found it under a tree.
(b) He stole it from the Devil.
(c) The Devil gave it to him.
(d) Miss Watson gave it to him.
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(b) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(c) Huck's American vernacular.
(d) Jim's accent.
3. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
(a) Huck Finn.
(b) The Duke.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
4. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To find some berries.
(b) To steal a chicken.
(c) To find Jim.
(d) To evade Pappy.
5. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) He dislikes Moses' character.
(b) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(c) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(d) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
2. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
3. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
5. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)