|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) His father's.
(b) The widow's.
(c) Tom Sawyer's.
(d) Miss Watson's.
2. Where does Colonel Sherburn stand to protect himself in Chapter 22?
(a) Behind the wood-heap.
(b) At the front door of his house.
(c) Behind his front gate.
(d) On the roof of his front porch.
3. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To find some berries.
(b) To evade Pappy.
(c) To steal a chicken.
(d) To find Jim.
4. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
5. Why isn't Lawyer Bell present in Chapter 25?
(a) He is on business in Louisville.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is out hunting.
(d) He is on holiday in New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
2. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
3. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
5. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)