|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) He dislikes Moses' character.
(b) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(c) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(d) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
2. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) In Emeline's bedroom.
(b) In his canoe.
(c) In a tree.
(d) Under the wood heap.
3. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(b) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(c) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(d) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
4. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
5. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
(a) He doesn't walk daintily in a dress.
(b) Huck does not thread a needle in a feminine way.
(c) She sees that he has some fuzz on his cheeks and chin.
(d) His fingernails are dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
2. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
5. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)