|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(c) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(d) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) The Illinois bank of the river.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(d) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
3. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Pike County in Illinois.
(b) Carp County in Illinois.
(c) Pike County in Missouri.
(d) Orange County in California.
4. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father beats him frequently.
(b) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(c) They run out of money.
(d) They never catch any fish.
5. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is troubled by his conscience.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(d) He is hungry and cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
2. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
3. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
4. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
5. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)