|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is troubled by his conscience.
(c) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(d) He is hungry and cold.
2. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(b) The power of the river.
(c) Journeying into the unknown.
(d) A supernatural presence.
3. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Jim's accent.
(b) Huck's American vernacular.
(c) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
4. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(b) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(d) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
5. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(a) Guests from New Orleans.
(c) No one.
(d) Harney Shepherson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
3. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
4. What does Huck do with his money?
5. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)