|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Tom Sawyer's.
(b) His father's.
(c) Miss Watson's.
(d) The widow's.
2. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
3. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(b) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(c) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
5. Where does Colonel Sherburn stand to protect himself in Chapter 22?
(a) At the front door of his house.
(b) On the roof of his front porch.
(c) Behind his front gate.
(d) Behind the wood-heap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
2. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
3. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
5. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)