|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(c) They think it contains poison.
(d) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
2. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(b) The Devil incarnate.
(c) A right nasty varmint.
(d) The Angel of Death.
3. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A performance of opera.
(b) A circus.
(c) A traveling freak show.
(d) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
4. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
(a) His voice is too soft to be heard.
(b) The fact that he has a beard.
(c) He is bellowing when he should be speaking softly.
(d) He is becoming too emotional in the role.
5. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(c) No one.
(d) Guests from New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
3. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
4. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)