|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
2. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(b) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
4. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) A supernatural presence.
(b) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(c) The power of the river.
(d) Journeying into the unknown.
5. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
(a) The Duke.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) Huck Finn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
2. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
3. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
4. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)