|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(b) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(c) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(d) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is troubled by his conscience.
(c) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(d) He is hungry and cold.
3. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A chicken's liver.
(b) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) A hairball.
4. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(c) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(d) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
5. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(b) They think it contains poison.
(c) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(d) It is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
2. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
5. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)