|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(d) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
2. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
(a) His fingernails are dirty.
(b) Huck does not thread a needle in a feminine way.
(c) He doesn't walk daintily in a dress.
(d) She sees that he has some fuzz on his cheeks and chin.
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(b) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(c) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(d) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) The Illinois bank of the river.
(b) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Jim's accent.
(b) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(c) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(d) Huck's American vernacular.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
2. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
3. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
4. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
5. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)