|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(b) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(c) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(d) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
2. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
3. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
(a) They stay on the raft that they have covered with branches.
(b) They hide in a cottonwood thicket.
(c) They dig a shelter on the riverbank.
(d) They hide in a ditch.
4. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
(c) New York.
5. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) Guests from New Orleans.
(c) Harney Shepherson.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
3. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
4. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
5. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)