|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Deep into the woods.
(b) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(c) The Illinois bank of the river.
(d) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
2. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(d) The cemetery.
3. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(c) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(d) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
4. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
(a) By inspecting him for a regal birthmark.
(b) By asking him about Marie Antionette.
(c) By trying to get him to speak French.
(d) By asking him about his sea voyage to America.
5. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a cavern.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(d) In bundles secured to treetops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
2. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
3. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
4. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
5. Which alias does the Duke adopt for the performance?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)