|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
2. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
(a) She was bringing money to Uncle Abner, but was robbed.
(b) She is running away from an arranged marriage.
(c) She is on her way to visit a sick aunt.
(d) She has to tell Uncle Abner that her mother is ill and out of money.
3. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(b) The cemetery.
(d) Baton Rouge.
4. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is troubled by his conscience.
(b) He is hungry and cold.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
5. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
(a) In a blue tailcoat with brass buttons on it.
(b) In his miliraty uniform.
(c) In a scarlet smoking jacket and matching silk carpet slippers.
(d) In a suit of dazzling pure white.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
2. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
3. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
4. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)