|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Touching a snake's skin.
(b) Spitting into the wind.
(c) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(d) Falling over a black cat.
2. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
(a) In a scarlet smoking jacket and matching silk carpet slippers.
(b) In a suit of dazzling pure white.
(c) In a blue tailcoat with brass buttons on it.
(d) In his miliraty uniform.
3. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(c) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(d) There are additional marks made by a spur.
4. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) Journeying into the unknown.
(b) A supernatural presence.
(c) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(d) The power of the river.
5. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(c) Guests from New Orleans.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
2. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
3. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
4. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
5. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)