|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(b) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(c) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(d) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
2. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) Through the forward skylight.
(b) Through a hole in the stern.
(c) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
(d) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
3. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Falling over a black cat.
(b) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(c) Spitting into the wind.
(d) Touching a snake's skin.
4. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A circus.
(b) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
(c) A traveling freak show.
(d) A performance of opera.
5. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Pike County in Illinois.
(b) Orange County in California.
(c) Pike County in Missouri.
(d) Carp County in Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
2. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
3. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
4. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
5. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)