|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) They never catch any fish.
(b) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(c) They run out of money.
(d) His father beats him frequently.
2. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(b) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(c) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(d) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
3. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
(a) He buys cornmeal flour in a village.
(b) He steals oranges and grapefruit.
(c) He steals chickens and raids gardens for things like watermelons.
(d) He finds food scraps outside restaurants.
4. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(b) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(c) He dislikes Moses' character.
(d) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
5. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
(a) They stay on the raft that they have covered with branches.
(b) They hide in a cottonwood thicket.
(c) They hide in a ditch.
(d) They dig a shelter on the riverbank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
3. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
5. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)