|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
2. What has been bringing many people to town in Chapter 21?
(a) A performance of opera.
(b) A circus.
(c) A salesman selling a new embrocation.
(d) A traveling freak show.
3. Which encores does the Duke suggest Chapter 21?
(a) Hamlet's soliloquy, the Highland fling and the sword-dance.
(b) Hamlet's soliloquy, the death of Macbeth and the death of Juliet.
(c) The Highland fling, the sailor's hornpipe and Hamlet's soliloquy.
(d) The Highland fling, the Irish jig and Malvolio's tirade.
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Deep into the woods.
(b) The Illinois bank of the river.
(c) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(d) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Touching a snake's skin.
(b) Falling over a black cat.
(c) Spitting into the wind.
(d) Pulling floating bread from the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
2. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
3. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
4. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
5. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)