|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Spitting into the wind.
(b) Falling over a black cat.
(c) Touching a snake's skin.
(d) Pulling floating bread from the river.
2. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
(a) In a blue tailcoat with brass buttons on it.
(b) In a scarlet smoking jacket and matching silk carpet slippers.
(c) In a suit of dazzling pure white.
(d) In his miliraty uniform.
3. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
(a) He saws his way out.
(b) He climbs up the inside of the chimney.
(c) He prizes up the floorboards and escapes that way.
(d) He smashes a window and climbs out.
4. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(c) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(d) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
5. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) They never catch any fish.
(b) They run out of money.
(c) His father beats him frequently.
(d) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
2. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
4. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)