|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It is broken.
(b) They think it contains poison.
(c) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(d) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(b) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(c) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(d) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
3. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) It is siesta time.
(b) It is a ghost town.
(c) The town is under quarantine.
(d) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(b) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(c) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(d) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
5. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(b) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(c) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(d) He dislikes Moses' character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
2. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
4. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
5. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)