|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A right nasty varmint.
(b) The Angel of Death.
(c) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(d) The Devil incarnate.
2. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(b) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(d) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
3. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To evade Pappy.
(b) To find some berries.
(c) To steal a chicken.
(d) To find Jim.
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(d) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
5. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(b) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Colonel Sherburn stand to protect himself in Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
3. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
4. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)