|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
2. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) The power of the river.
(b) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(c) Journeying into the unknown.
(d) A supernatural presence.
3. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He has an astute observation of birds.
(b) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(c) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
4. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(b) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(c) The mooring rope has been lost.
(d) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
5. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
(a) Huck does not thread a needle in a feminine way.
(b) His fingernails are dirty.
(c) She sees that he has some fuzz on his cheeks and chin.
(d) He doesn't walk daintily in a dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
2. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
3. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
4. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
5. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)