|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
2. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
(b) Through a hole in the stern.
(c) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
(d) Through the forward skylight.
3. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(c) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
4. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In a cavern.
(d) In bundles secured to treetops.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(b) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(c) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(d) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
2. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
3. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
5. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)