|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
(a) They dig a shelter on the riverbank.
(b) They hide in a cottonwood thicket.
(c) They hide in a ditch.
(d) They stay on the raft that they have covered with branches.
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(c) The hook comes adrift.
(d) The line breaks.
3. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Scott.
(b) The Nellie.
(c) The Walter Stott.
(d) The Miss Charlotte.
5. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(c) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(d) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
2. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
4. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)