|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(b) They never catch any fish.
(c) They run out of money.
(d) His father beats him frequently.
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(b) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(c) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(d) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(c) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(d) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(b) He conceals it under willow branches.
(c) He scuttles it.
(d) He lets it drift down the river.
5. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(b) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(c) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(d) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
2. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
3. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
4. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
5. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)