|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father beats him frequently.
(b) They run out of money.
(c) They never catch any fish.
(d) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
2. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
(a) He prizes up the floorboards and escapes that way.
(b) He climbs up the inside of the chimney.
(c) He saws his way out.
(d) He smashes a window and climbs out.
3. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(b) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(c) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(d) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He has an astute observation of birds.
(b) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(c) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
5. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(b) The new Judge.
(c) Judge Thatcher.
(d) Miss Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
2. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
3. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
4. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
5. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)