|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Tom Sawyer's.
(b) Miss Watson's.
(c) The widow's.
(d) His father's.
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Jim's accent.
(b) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(c) Huck's American vernacular.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
3. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) He found it under a tree.
(b) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(c) The Devil gave it to him.
(d) He stole it from the Devil.
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(b) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(c) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(d) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
5. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
(a) She has to tell Uncle Abner that her mother is ill and out of money.
(b) She was bringing money to Uncle Abner, but was robbed.
(c) She is on her way to visit a sick aunt.
(d) She is running away from an arranged marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
2. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
3. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
4. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)