|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In bundles secured to treetops.
(b) In a cavern.
(c) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(d) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
2. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(b) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
3. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
(a) She is on her way to visit a sick aunt.
(b) She has to tell Uncle Abner that her mother is ill and out of money.
(c) She was bringing money to Uncle Abner, but was robbed.
(d) She is running away from an arranged marriage.
4. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(b) Miss Watson.
(c) Judge Thatcher.
(d) The new Judge.
5. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(c) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
2. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
3. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
4. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
5. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)