|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) The Devil gave it to him.
(b) He found it under a tree.
(c) He stole it from the Devil.
(d) Miss Watson gave it to him.
3. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(b) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(c) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(d) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
4. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(a) Miss Watson.
(b) The new Judge.
(c) Judge Thatcher.
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
2. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
3. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
5. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)