|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A chicken's liver.
(b) A crystal ball.
(c) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(d) A hairball.
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(b) It is broken.
(c) They think it contains poison.
(d) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
3. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(c) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Scott.
(b) The Nellie.
(c) The Walter Stott.
(d) The Miss Charlotte.
5. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
(a) She sees that he has some fuzz on his cheeks and chin.
(b) He doesn't walk daintily in a dress.
(c) His fingernails are dirty.
(d) Huck does not thread a needle in a feminine way.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
2. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
3. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
4. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)