|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(c) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(d) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
2. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
3. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
(a) Jim is a suspect.
(b) Miss Watson is engaged to be married.
(c) Judge Thatcher is a suspect.
(d) Pappy has accused Jim.
4. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The line breaks.
(b) The hook comes adrift.
(c) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(d) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
5. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) The cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
2. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
3. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
4. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
5. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)