|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) Through a hole in the stern.
(b) Through the forward skylight.
(c) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
(d) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) The Devil gave it to him.
(b) He found it under a tree.
(c) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(d) He stole it from the Devil.
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(b) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(c) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(d) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
4. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Touching a snake's skin.
(b) Falling over a black cat.
(c) Spitting into the wind.
(d) Pulling floating bread from the river.
5. What first alerts Mrs. Loftus to the fact that 'Sarah/Mary' is a boy?
(a) Huck does not thread a needle in a feminine way.
(b) She sees that he has some fuzz on his cheeks and chin.
(c) He doesn't walk daintily in a dress.
(d) His fingernails are dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
2. What does Huck do with his money?
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)