|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
2. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(b) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
3. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(b) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(c) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(d) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
4. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(b) In bundles secured to treetops.
(c) In a cavern.
(d) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
5. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(b) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
2. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
3. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
5. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)