|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(c) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
2. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Touching a snake's skin.
(b) Spitting into the wind.
(c) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(d) Falling over a black cat.
3. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(b) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(c) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(d) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
4. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(a) Miss Watson.
(c) The new Judge.
(d) Judge Thatcher.
5. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(b) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(c) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(d) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
2. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
5. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)