|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(b) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(c) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(d) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) His father's.
(b) Tom Sawyer's.
(c) Miss Watson's.
(d) The widow's.
3. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(c) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(d) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(b) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(c) He has an astute observation of birds.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(b) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(c) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(d) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
3. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
5. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)