|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(a) The cemetery.
(c) Baton Rouge.
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) The Illinois bank of the river.
(d) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
3. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(d) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(b) He has an astute observation of birds.
(c) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(d) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
5. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
(a) Through a hole in the stern.
(b) By climbing the paddle-wheel.
(c) They climb onto the larboard deck and go down a ladder.
(d) Through the forward skylight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
3. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
4. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
5. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)