|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(b) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(c) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(d) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
2. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(b) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(c) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(d) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
3. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
(a) Pappy has accused Jim.
(b) Judge Thatcher is a suspect.
(c) Jim is a suspect.
(d) Miss Watson is engaged to be married.
4. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
2. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
3. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
4. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)