|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(b) The hook comes adrift.
(c) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(d) The line breaks.
2. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
3. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(b) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(c) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(d) He dislikes Moses' character.
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(b) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(c) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(d) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
5. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
(a) He buys cornmeal flour in a village.
(b) He steals oranges and grapefruit.
(c) He finds food scraps outside restaurants.
(d) He steals chickens and raids gardens for things like watermelons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
2. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
3. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
4. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
5. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)