|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(b) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(c) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(d) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
2. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(b) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(c) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(d) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
4. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(b) The new Judge.
(c) Judge Thatcher.
(d) Miss Watson.
5. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(c) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(d) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
2. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
3. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
4. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)