|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(b) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(c) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(d) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) He stole it from the Devil.
(b) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(c) The Devil gave it to him.
(d) He found it under a tree.
3. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
4. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) They run out of money.
(b) His father beats him frequently.
(c) They never catch any fish.
(d) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
5. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(b) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(c) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(d) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
2. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
4. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
5. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)