|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Stott.
(b) The Walter Scott.
(c) The Nellie.
(d) The Miss Charlotte.
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The line breaks.
(c) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(d) The hook comes adrift.
3. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(a) The cemetery.
(d) Baton Rouge.
4. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
5. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In a cavern.
(d) In bundles secured to treetops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
3. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
4. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
5. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)