|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Spitting into the wind.
(b) Touching a snake's skin.
(c) Falling over a black cat.
(d) Pulling floating bread from the river.
2. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
3. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
(a) She is on her way to visit a sick aunt.
(b) She was bringing money to Uncle Abner, but was robbed.
(c) She has to tell Uncle Abner that her mother is ill and out of money.
(d) She is running away from an arranged marriage.
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(b) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(c) He has an astute observation of birds.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
5. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(c) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(d) They think it contains poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with his money?
2. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
3. What news does Mrs. Loftus give Huck regarding his 'murder'?
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
5. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)