|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(d) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
2. What explanation does 'Sarah/Mary' Williams give for her journey?
(a) She is on her way to visit a sick aunt.
(b) She was bringing money to Uncle Abner, but was robbed.
(c) She is running away from an arranged marriage.
(d) She has to tell Uncle Abner that her mother is ill and out of money.
3. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He conceals it under willow branches.
(b) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(c) He scuttles it.
(d) He lets it drift down the river.
4. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) Baton Rouge.
5. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(b) The Devil incarnate.
(c) A right nasty varmint.
(d) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)