|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
(a) He smashes a window and climbs out.
(b) He climbs up the inside of the chimney.
(c) He saws his way out.
(d) He prizes up the floorboards and escapes that way.
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(b) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(b) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(c) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(d) Huck's father left him $6,000.
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(c) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(d) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(b) A hairball.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) A chicken's liver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
3. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
5. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)