|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(b) In bundles secured to treetops.
(c) In a cavern.
(d) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
2. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(b) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(c) A right nasty varmint.
(d) The Devil incarnate.
3. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(a) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
5. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(b) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(c) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(d) He dislikes Moses' character.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
2. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
3. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
4. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
5. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)