|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
2. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
3. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(d) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
4. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
(a) He climbs up the inside of the chimney.
(b) He smashes a window and climbs out.
(c) He prizes up the floorboards and escapes that way.
(d) He saws his way out.
5. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(b) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(c) He has an astute observation of birds.
(d) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
2. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
3. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
4. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)