|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(b) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(c) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(d) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
2. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(b) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(c) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(d) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
3. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(b) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
4. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(d) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
5. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a cavern.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(d) In bundles secured to treetops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
3. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
4. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)