|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(b) The hook comes adrift.
(c) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(d) The line breaks.
2. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
(b) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(c) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(d) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
3. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) He dislikes Moses' character.
(b) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(c) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(d) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(b) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(c) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(d) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
5. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
3. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
4. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
5. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)