|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(b) Judge Thatcher.
(c) The new Judge.
(d) Miss Watson.
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(b) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(c) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(d) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
3. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(b) They run out of money.
(c) They never catch any fish.
(d) His father beats him frequently.
4. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a cavern.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In bundles secured to treetops.
(d) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
5. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(b) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(c) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(d) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
2. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
3. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
4. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)