|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(b) The Devil incarnate.
(c) A right nasty varmint.
(d) The Angel of Death.
2. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(b) His father beats him frequently.
(c) They run out of money.
(d) They never catch any fish.
3. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(b) He scuttles it.
(c) He lets it drift down the river.
(d) He conceals it under willow branches.
4. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(d) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Touching a snake's skin.
(b) Spitting into the wind.
(c) Falling over a black cat.
(d) Pulling floating bread from the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
4. What does Huck do with his money?
5. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)