|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(b) He dislikes Moses' character.
(c) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(d) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) They think it contains poison.
(b) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(c) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(d) It is broken.
3. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(b) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(c) The hook comes adrift.
(d) The line breaks.
4. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(b) The Angel of Death.
(c) The Devil incarnate.
(d) A right nasty varmint.
5. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(b) He has an astute observation of birds.
(c) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(d) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
2. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
4. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
5. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)