|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The line breaks.
(b) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(c) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(d) The hook comes adrift.
2. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(b) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(c) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(d) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
3. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(b) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(c) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(d) He has an astute observation of birds.
4. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a cavern.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(d) In bundles secured to treetops.
5. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
2. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
3. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
5. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)