|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
2. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
3. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(a) Judge Thatcher.
(b) The new Judge.
(c) Miss Watson.
4. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(b) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(c) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(d) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
5. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(a) The cemetery.
(d) Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
5. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)