|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(b) He has an astute observation of birds.
(c) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
2. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(a) Miss Watson.
(b) The new Judge.
(c) Judge Thatcher.
3. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) He dislikes Moses' character.
(b) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(c) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(d) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(b) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(c) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(d) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(d) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
2. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
3. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
4. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
5. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)