|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The line breaks.
(b) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(c) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(d) The hook comes adrift.
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(b) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(c) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(d) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
3. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(b) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(c) They think it contains poison.
(d) It is broken.
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(b) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(c) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
2. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
3. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
5. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)