|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(b) The Illinois bank of the river.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
2. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(d) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
4. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(b) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(c) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
(d) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
5. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(c) The cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
2. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
3. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
4. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)