|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Spitting into the wind.
(b) Touching a snake's skin.
(c) Falling over a black cat.
(d) Pulling floating bread from the river.
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
(a) He has a white face, long greasy beard and dark black eyes.
(b) He has a brutal face with a broken nose and a big scar on his left cheek.
(c) He has a ghostly white face, dribbles through broken teeth and has eyes that once might have been intelligent.
(d) He has wide lips, shaggy hair and very bad breath.
3. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(d) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Deep into the woods.
(b) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(c) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
5. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) The widow's.
(b) His father's.
(c) Tom Sawyer's.
(d) Miss Watson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
2. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
3. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
4. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
5. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)