|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(c) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(d) There are additional marks made by a spur.
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
3. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) A right nasty varmint.
(b) The Devil incarnate.
(c) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(d) The Angel of Death.
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(b) He conceals it under willow branches.
(c) He scuttles it.
(d) He lets it drift down the river.
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(b) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(c) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
2. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
3. What does Huck do with his money?
4. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
5. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)