|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) They think it contains poison.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(d) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The line breaks.
(c) The hook comes adrift.
(d) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
3. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) They never catch any fish.
(b) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(c) His father beats him frequently.
(d) They run out of money.
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He lets it drift down the river.
(b) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(c) He scuttles it.
(d) He conceals it under willow branches.
5. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) The Devil incarnate.
(b) A right nasty varmint.
(c) The Angel of Death.
(d) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
2. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
3. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
4. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)