|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father beats him frequently.
(b) They never catch any fish.
(c) They run out of money.
(d) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Deep into the woods.
(b) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(c) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
3. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) The cemetery.
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(b) He scuttles it.
(c) He lets it drift down the river.
(d) He conceals it under willow branches.
5. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
(a) He saws his way out.
(b) He smashes a window and climbs out.
(c) He prizes up the floorboards and escapes that way.
(d) He climbs up the inside of the chimney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
2. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
4. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)