|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(d) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
2. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
3. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(c) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
4. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Falling over a black cat.
(b) Touching a snake's skin.
(c) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(d) Spitting into the wind.
5. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) His father's.
(b) The widow's.
(c) Miss Watson's.
(d) Tom Sawyer's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
2. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
3. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
4. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
5. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)