|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
(a) He saws his way out.
(b) He smashes a window and climbs out.
(c) He prizes up the floorboards and escapes that way.
(d) He climbs up the inside of the chimney.
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(b) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(c) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(d) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(b) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(c) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(d) Huck's father left him $6,000.
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) The Illinois bank of the river.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(d) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
5. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
2. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
3. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
4. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
5. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)