|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(d) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(b) The Illinois bank of the river.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(b) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(c) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(d) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(b) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(c) He has an astute observation of birds.
(d) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
5. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(c) They think it contains poison.
(d) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. What is the 'good place' to which Miss Watson keeps referring?
4. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
5. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)