|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) The Devil gave it to him.
(b) He found it under a tree.
(c) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(d) He stole it from the Devil.
2. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(b) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(c) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
(d) He dislikes Moses' character.
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(d) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
4. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(a) Miss Watson.
(c) The new Judge.
(d) Judge Thatcher.
5. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
3. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
5. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)