|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
(a) Huck is an atheist and hates Bible stories.
(b) Moses is dead and Huck is interested only in the living
(c) He dislikes Moses' character.
(d) The Widow Douglas reads poorly.
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) He stole it from the Devil.
(b) Miss Watson gave it to him.
(c) He found it under a tree.
(d) The Devil gave it to him.
3. Name the figurative language used in "the wind was trying to whisper something to me."
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(b) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(c) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(d) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
2. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
3. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
5. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)