|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(b) Huck's father left him $6,000.
(c) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(d) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
2. In his stories, what does Jim tell people about his five-cent piece?
(a) He found it under a tree.
(b) The Devil gave it to him.
(c) He stole it from the Devil.
(d) Miss Watson gave it to him.
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(b) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
4. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(b) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(c) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
5. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(b) He has an astute observation of birds.
(c) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(d) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
2. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
3. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
4. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)