|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(c) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
3. How did Tom and Huck become rich?
(a) They were given $6,000 for handing over a runaway slave.
(b) They recovered $6,000 in gold.
(c) Tom's father lent him $6,000.
(d) Huck's father left him $6,000.
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(c) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(d) There are additional marks made by a spur.
5. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(b) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(c) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(d) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
4. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
5. What idea is it that Huck and his friends don't fully understand [when forming their gang and making plans]?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)