|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The line breaks.
(b) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(c) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(d) The hook comes adrift.
2. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(c) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(d) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
3. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(b) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(c) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(d) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He lets it drift down the river.
(b) He scuttles it.
(c) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(d) He conceals it under willow branches.
5. Who gives new clothes to Pappy?
(b) Miss Watson.
(c) The new Judge.
(d) Judge Thatcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
2. Why does Huck lose interest in Moses?
3. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
4. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)