|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters are dreadfully blue and desperate in Chapter 31?
(a) Huck and Mary Jane.
(b) Jim and the Duke.
(c) The King and Huck.
(d) The King and the Duke.
2. How does Huck augment his and Jim's diet of river fish and shot waterfowl?
(a) He steals oranges and grapefruit.
(b) He buys cornmeal flour in a village.
(c) He finds food scraps outside restaurants.
(d) He steals chickens and raids gardens for things like watermelons.
3. Why is Huck pleased he chose to hide behind the curtain and not under the bed in Chapter 26?
(a) Because the first thing the duke does is to look under the bed.
(b) Because he can actually see what the King and the Duke are up to.
(c) Because there is a smelly chamber pot under the bed.
(d) Because he enjoys the perfume in Mary Jane's dresses.
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(b) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(c) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
5. Why does Tom Sawyer say "H'aint ever done you no harm"?
(a) He thinks Huck is about to assault him.
(b) He thinks Huck is about to steal his horse.
(c) He fears Huck will blackmail him about Jim.
(d) He thinks Huck is a ghost come to haunt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor rate Huck as a liar?
2. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
3. How does Huck explain Tom's wound to the doctor in Chapter 41?
4. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
5. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)