Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
2. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(b) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(c) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(d) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
3. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) Under the wood heap.
(b) In his canoe.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In Emeline's bedroom.
4. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
(b) They think it contains poison.
(c) It is broken.
(d) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
5. Why is Huck pleased he chose to hide behind the curtain and not under the bed in Chapter 26?
(a) Because he can actually see what the King and the Duke are up to.
(b) Because there is a smelly chamber pot under the bed.
(c) Because he enjoys the perfume in Mary Jane's dresses.
(d) Because the first thing the duke does is to look under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main accusation Colonel Sherburn levels at the crowd?
2. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
3. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
4. Why does Tom Sawyer say "H'aint ever done you no harm"?
5. Where does the King lay the blame for the missing money?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)