Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(b) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(c) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(d) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
2. In what way is Huck's time with his father spoiled?
(a) His father threatens him with a shotgun.
(b) They never catch any fish.
(c) His father beats him frequently.
(d) They run out of money.
3. How do Huck and Jim first conceal themselves on the Illinois shore?
(a) They stay on the raft that they have covered with branches.
(b) They hide in a ditch.
(c) They dig a shelter on the riverbank.
(d) They hide in a cottonwood thicket.
4. Who pumps Huck for information about England?
(c) The King.
(d) Mary Jane.
5. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jackson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) George Jameson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
2. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
3. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
4. In contrast to the expressions of grief acted by the King and the Duke, what does Huck view as a good thing?
5. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)