Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(b) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(c) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(d) The possibility of valuable salvage.
2. Why is his father annoyed with Huck in Chapter 5?
(a) Huck put his money where his father couldn't get it.
(b) Huck is not progressing quickly enough at school.
(c) Huck is too friendly with Jim.
(d) He doesn't like Huck's airs, nor does he like Huck being educated.
3. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(b) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(c) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(d) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
4. Which alias does the Duke adopt for the performance?
(a) An actor called Thoman Kean the incredible.
(b) An actor called Billie Langtry.
(c) An actor called David Garrick the Younger.
(d) An actor called David Garrick the Elder.
5. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(b) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(c) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(d) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Huck and Jim enter the wrecked ship?
2. Which of these statements is closest to a description of Huck's father?
3. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
4. What doesn't the Duke like about the King's portrayal of Juliet?
5. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)