Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a cavern.
(b) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(c) In bundles secured to treetops.
(d) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Tom Sawyer's.
(b) Miss Watson's.
(c) His father's.
(d) The widow's.
3. As he chases Huck around the cabin, brandishing a knife, what does Pappy call his son?
(a) The Angel of Death.
(b) A right nasty varmint.
(c) A freak of nature who belongs in Hell.
(d) The Devil incarnate.
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(b) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(c) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
2. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
4. How does Huck escape from the cabin he has been locked in for three days?
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)