|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(b) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(c) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
2. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
(a) Tom Sawyer.
(d) Harney Shepherdson.
3. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) The Duke.
4. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
(a) New York.
5. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
(b) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(c) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(d) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
3. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
4. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)