|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
(b) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(c) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
(d) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
2. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Stott.
(b) The Walter Scott.
(c) The Miss Charlotte.
(d) The Nellie.
3. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(b) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
(c) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
(d) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
4. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) No one.
(c) Guests from New Orleans.
(d) Harney Shepherson.
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
2. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
3. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
5. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)