|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
(b) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(c) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
(d) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
2. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) It is siesta time.
(b) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
(c) The town is under quarantine.
(d) It is a ghost town.
3. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(b) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(c) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
(d) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
4. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
(a) The Duke.
5. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
3. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
4. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
5. Who built Silas Phelps' church?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)