|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
(b) He cries.
(c) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(d) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
2. Who is the stranger from Hicksville?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) Judge Thatcher.
(c) Harvey Wilks.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
4. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
(b) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
(c) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(d) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
5. Which animal does Tom suggest Jim might tame?
(a) A rat.
(b) A large spider.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, what does Uncle Silas promise to do next day?
2. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
3. How do they all make good their escape from the villagers in Chapter 23?
4. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
5. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)