|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jackson.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) George Jameson.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
2. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
(b) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(c) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(d) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
3. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A hairball.
(b) A crystal ball.
(c) A chicken's liver.
(d) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
4. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) On the porch of the house.
(b) In the public square.
(c) In the church hall.
(d) On the veranda of the general store.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(d) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who built Silas Phelps' church?
2. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
3. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
4. What is the problem with Jim being imprisoned in a log cabin?
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)