|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom Sawyer say "H'aint ever done you no harm"?
(a) He thinks Huck is about to steal his horse.
(b) He thinks Huck is a ghost come to haunt him.
(c) He fears Huck will blackmail him about Jim.
(d) He thinks Huck is about to assault him.
2. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
3. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(b) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
(c) The King preaches a sermon.
(d) Huck digs up the coffin.
4. What is the problem with Jim being imprisoned in a log cabin?
(a) There is nowhere for Huck and Tom to hide should someone come by.
(b) It is easy for others to hear what is going on inside it.
(c) It is very cold there at night.
(d) There is no rock on which he can trace his coat-of-arms.
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(b) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Huck mind Uncle Silas' long blessing?
2. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
3. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
5. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)