|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(c) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(d) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
2. According to Tom, how long did the Marseilles prisoner take to dig out, and where did he emerge?
(a) Thirty-nine years to dig his way to China.
(b) Thirty-seven years to dig his way to China.
(c) Thirty-seven years to dig in a circle around the prison and arrive where he started.
(d) Two hours to dig through to the prison kitchen.
3. Who is responsible for tending the door on the night of the special performance in Chapter 23?
(a) The Duke.
(d) The King.
4. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
5. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
(b) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(c) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
(d) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mottoes does Tom devise for Jim's coat-of-arms?
2. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)