|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(b) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
2. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) The King preaches a sermon.
(b) Huck digs up the coffin.
(c) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(d) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
3. What is the problem with Jim keeping a journal?
(a) He cannot write.
(b) They are too far from the shops to buy one.
(c) He will lose it.
(d) He has no pen.
4. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) In the public square.
(b) On the porch of the house.
(c) In the church hall.
(d) On the veranda of the general store.
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
2. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
3. What 'relict' do the boys procure from the garret in Chapter 37?
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
5. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)