|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck say in Chapter 32 that he needs to make a trip to town?
(a) To meet another steamboat.
(b) To collect money.
(c) To collect his baggage.
(d) To exercise the horse.
2. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
(a) He thinks he might have to pay for it.
(b) He already has one.
(c) He doesn't believe people should bear arms.
(d) He thinks it's clothing.
3. What does Huck think is "the lonesomest sound in the whole world"?
(a) The cry of a whippoorwill.
(b) The hum of a spinning-wheel.
(c) The lapping of water at midnight.
(d) The baying of hounds.
4. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
(a) In a blue tailcoat with brass buttons on it.
(b) In his miliraty uniform.
(c) In a suit of dazzling pure white.
(d) In a scarlet smoking jacket and matching silk carpet slippers.
5. What falls out of Uncle Silas's hat?
(a) A spoon.
(b) Some of his hair.
(c) A rat.
(d) A shingle nail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
4. What does the King do after his confession?
5. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)