|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(a) Scarlet fever.
2. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) George Jameson.
(c) George Jackson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
4. According to Tom, how do prisoners always water their plants?
(a) With their sweat.
(b) With their tears.
(c) With fresh spring-water.
(d) With cold tea.
5. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
(a) Difficulties have to be invented.
(b) Getting across the moat.
(c) Difficulties could make it impossible to achieve.
(d) Getting past the other slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
2. What is the problem with Jim keeping a journal?
3. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
4. According to Huck, what delayed his steamer?
5. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)