|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
(a) The witch pie.
(b) A tin plate.
(c) The rope ladder.
(d) His vittles.
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's American vernacular.
(b) Jim's accent.
(c) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
3. Which animal does Tom suggest Jim might tame?
(a) A dog.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A large spider.
(d) A rat.
4. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
(b) New York.
5. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jameson.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) George Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim receive his food while in captivity?
2. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
3. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
4. According to Tom, how do prisoners always water their plants?
5. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)