|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(c) No one.
(d) Guests from New Orleans.
2. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
3. Who built Silas Phelps' church?
(a) He had the building floated in from Baton Rouge.
(b) He obtained funds from the Unitarians.
(c) He raised money in the village.
(d) He built it himself.
4. What secret does Huck share with Tom in Chapter 33?
(a) That he is trying to steal Jim out of slavery.
(b) That the King and the Duke are after him.
(c) The place where the raft is hidden.
(d) That he has money hidden away.
5. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(c) The King.
(d) The undertaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
2. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
3. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
4. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
5. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)