|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(c) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(d) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
2. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
(a) That he stole money and jewelry from Miss Watson and has hidden these on Jackson Island.
(b) That he is really a descendent of Thomas Jefferson.
(c) That he is glad to be away from his family because the children are noisy and disobedient.
(d) That he didn't realize scarlet fever had made his daughter deaf and punished her for not obeying him.
3. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) The town is under quarantine.
(b) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
(c) It is a ghost town.
(d) It is siesta time.
4. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
(a) They run cattle.
(b) A chicken farm.
(c) A cotton plantation.
(d) A hog farm.
5. Who is Aunt Sally's sister?
(a) Miss Watson.
(b) Huck's aunt.
(c) Miss Wilks.
(d) Tom's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, what does Uncle Silas promise to do next day?
2. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
3. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
4. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
5. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)