|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Miss Watson's.
(b) His father's.
(c) The widow's.
(d) Tom Sawyer's.
2. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
(b) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
(c) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
(d) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
3. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
(a) Trying to escape with the money.
(b) Hiding the money in the coffin.
(c) Trying to drown Huck,
(d) Flirting with Mary Jane.
4. Which animal does Tom suggest Jim might tame?
(a) A dog.
(b) A rat.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A large spider.
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(b) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(c) They are worried about the river currents.
(d) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
2. According to Tom, how do prisoners always water their plants?
3. Who built Silas Phelps' church?
4. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
5. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)