|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Scott.
(b) The Miss Charlotte.
(c) The Nellie.
(d) The Walter Stott.
2. Why does Tom Sawyer say "H'aint ever done you no harm"?
(a) He thinks Huck is about to steal his horse.
(b) He thinks Huck is a ghost come to haunt him.
(c) He thinks Huck is about to assault him.
(d) He fears Huck will blackmail him about Jim.
3. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
(a) He doesn't believe people should bear arms.
(b) He thinks he might have to pay for it.
(c) He already has one.
(d) He thinks it's clothing.
4. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(a) The King.
(c) The undertaker.
5. What does Jim throw out the window in Chapter 37?
(a) The rope ladder.
(b) A tin plate.
(c) The witch pie.
(d) His vittles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
2. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
3. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
4. What does Jim confide to Huck in Chapter 23?
5. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)