|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
(a) He thinks it's clothing.
(b) He thinks he might have to pay for it.
(c) He doesn't believe people should bear arms.
(d) He already has one.
2. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(b) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(c) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(d) He has an astute observation of birds.
3. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
(b) There was a dispute over land.
(c) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
(d) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
4. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
(b) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
(c) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(d) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
5. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(c) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what does Tom instruct Huck to do?
2. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
4. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
5. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)