|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
(a) By inspecting him for a regal birthmark.
(b) By asking him about Marie Antionette.
(c) By asking him about his sea voyage to America.
(d) By trying to get him to speak French.
2. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
3. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
(b) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
(c) There was a dispute over land.
(d) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
4. Who is the servant, Adolphus?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Huck Finn.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
5. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The line breaks.
(b) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(c) The hook comes adrift.
(d) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, what is the problem with Jim's captivity?
2. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
3. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
4. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
5. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)