|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
2. What was Peter Wilks's occupation?
3. What kind of enterprise does the Phelps family have?
(a) A chicken farm.
(b) A hog farm.
(c) They run cattle.
(d) A cotton plantation.
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(b) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(c) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(d) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
5. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
Short Answer Questions
1. What falls out of Uncle Silas's hat?
2. How does Jim receive his food while in captivity?
3. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
4. What does Huck call "the horriblest looking outrage I ever see"?
5. Where was Aunt Sally's apron in Chapter 37?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)