|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
(b) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(c) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
(d) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
2. In Chapter 35, what does Tom instruct Huck to do?
(a) Steal three knives.
(b) Leave the back door open.
(c) Steal some food.
(d) Steal a knife.
3. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) Under the wood heap.
(b) In his canoe.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In Emeline's bedroom.
4. According to Tom, how long did the Marseilles prisoner take to dig out, and where did he emerge?
(a) Thirty-nine years to dig his way to China.
(b) Two hours to dig through to the prison kitchen.
(c) Thirty-seven years to dig his way to China.
(d) Thirty-seven years to dig in a circle around the prison and arrive where he started.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(d) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Huck mind Uncle Silas' long blessing?
2. What does the King do after his confession?
3. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
4. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
5. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)