|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a cavern.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(d) In bundles secured to treetops.
2. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(b) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(d) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(b) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(c) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(d) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(c) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(d) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
5. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(b) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(c) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(d) The possibility of valuable salvage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
5. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)