|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The line breaks.
(b) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(c) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(d) The hook comes adrift.
2. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(c) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(d) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
3. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He scuttles it.
(b) He lets it drift down the river.
(c) He conceals it under willow branches.
(d) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
5. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Miss Watson's.
(b) The widow's.
(c) His father's.
(d) Tom Sawyer's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
2. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
3. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
4. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
5. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)