|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Spitting into the wind.
(b) Falling over a black cat.
(c) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(d) Touching a snake's skin.
2. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(a) Guests from New Orleans.
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(c) No one.
3. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(b) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(c) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(d) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
4. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He scuttles it.
(b) He lets it drift down the river.
(c) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(d) He conceals it under willow branches.
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
2. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
3. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
4. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)