|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(d) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(b) The Illinois bank of the river.
(c) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(d) Deep into the woods.
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(b) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
4. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's American vernacular.
(b) Jim's accent.
(c) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(b) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(c) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
2. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
4. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
5. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)