|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(b) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(c) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(d) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
2. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He has an astute observation of birds.
(b) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(c) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(d) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(b) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(c) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(d) They are worried about the river currents.
4. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
2. What does Huck do with his money?
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
5. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)