|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(b) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(c) They are worried about the river currents.
(d) They want to get rid of Turner first.
2. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(d) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
3. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The line breaks.
(b) The hook comes adrift.
(c) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(d) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
4. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(b) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(c) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(d) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
5. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He scuttles it.
(b) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(c) He lets it drift down the river.
(d) He conceals it under willow branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
5. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)