|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Miss Charlotte.
(b) The Walter Scott.
(c) The Nellie.
(d) The Walter Stott.
2. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(b) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(c) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(d) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
4. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In his canoe.
(c) Under the wood heap.
(d) In Emeline's bedroom.
5. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
3. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
5. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)