|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(b) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(b) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(c) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(d) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(b) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(c) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(d) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
4. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(c) No one.
(d) Guests from New Orleans.
5. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(c) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(d) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with his money?
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
5. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)