|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(c) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(d) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
2. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(b) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
4. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(b) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(c) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(d) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(c) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(d) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with his money?
2. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
3. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
4. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
5. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)