|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(c) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(d) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
2. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(b) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(c) In bundles secured to treetops.
(d) In a cavern.
3. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(b) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(d) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
4. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) There was a dispute over land.
(b) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
(c) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
(d) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
5. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(b) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(d) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
2. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
5. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)