|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
2. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
(a) In a scarlet smoking jacket and matching silk carpet slippers.
(b) In his miliraty uniform.
(c) In a suit of dazzling pure white.
(d) In a blue tailcoat with brass buttons on it.
3. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(b) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(c) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(d) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(b) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(c) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(d) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
5. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
(a) In bundles secured to treetops.
(b) In a hole dug under a marked tree.
(c) Inside a hollow log in a clearing.
(d) In a cavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
5. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)