|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Scott.
(b) The Miss Charlotte.
(c) The Walter Stott.
(d) The Nellie.
2. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(d) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
3. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(b) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(c) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(d) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(b) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
(c) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(d) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
5. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) The Illinois bank of the river.
(b) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
2. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
5. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)