|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
(b) There was a dispute over land.
(c) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
(d) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
2. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(b) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(c) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(d) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
3. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(b) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(d) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) The Illinois bank of the river.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(d) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
5. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(c) Guests from New Orleans.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
2. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
3. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
4. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
5. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)