|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
(b) There was a dispute over land.
(c) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
(d) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
2. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(b) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
3. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Miss Watson's.
(b) His father's.
(c) Tom Sawyer's.
(d) The widow's.
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(d) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
2. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
3. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)