|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) Tom Sawyer.
(b) George Jameson.
(c) George Jackson.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
2. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He conceals it under willow branches.
(b) He scuttles it.
(c) He lets it drift down the river.
(d) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
3. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
(b) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(c) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(d) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
4. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The line breaks.
(b) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(c) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(d) The hook comes adrift.
5. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A chicken's liver.
(b) A hairball.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
2. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
3. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
5. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)