|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Pulling floating bread from the river.
(b) Spitting into the wind.
(c) Touching a snake's skin.
(d) Falling over a black cat.
2. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jameson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) George Jackson.
3. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(b) He lets it drift down the river.
(c) He scuttles it.
(d) He conceals it under willow branches.
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Deep into the woods.
(b) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(c) The Illinois bank of the river.
(d) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
5. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
2. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
3. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
4. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
5. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)