|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(b) They are worried about the river currents.
(c) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(d) They want to get rid of Turner first.
2. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
3. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(a) Harney Shepherson.
(c) Guests from New Orleans.
(d) No one.
4. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
(a) There is a cross in the left boot heel.
(b) There are additional marks made by a spur.
(c) The footprints are unusually large and heavy.
(d) There is a cross in the right boot heel.
5. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
(a) In his miliraty uniform.
(b) In a scarlet smoking jacket and matching silk carpet slippers.
(c) In a blue tailcoat with brass buttons on it.
(d) In a suit of dazzling pure white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
2. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
3. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
4. What does Huck do with his money?
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)