|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(b) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(d) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The hook comes adrift.
(b) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
(c) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(d) The line breaks.
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jameson.
(b) George Jackson.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
5. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(b) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(c) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
2. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
4. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
5. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)