|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) In his canoe.
(b) In Emeline's bedroom.
(c) Under the wood heap.
(d) In a tree.
2. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A hairball.
(b) A chicken's liver.
(c) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
(d) A crystal ball.
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(b) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
4. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
(a) Touching a snake's skin.
(b) Spitting into the wind.
(c) Falling over a black cat.
(d) Pulling floating bread from the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
2. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
3. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
5. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)