|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck do with his money?
(a) He gives the money to an anti-slavery movement.
(b) He asks Judge Thatcher to invest all the money in pork bellies.
(c) He asks Judge Thatcher to give it to the Widow.
(d) He signs the entire amount to Judge Thatcher.
2. What is Huck's reaction to the widow's prayer?
(a) He takes it seriously and vows to attend church.
(b) He takes it seriously and goes off to the forest to think about it
(c) He decides to test prayer by praying for impossible things.
(d) He ridicules prayer because he can't see how it helps people.
3. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
(b) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
(c) There was a dispute over land.
(d) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
4. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jackson.
(b) George Jameson.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
5. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(b) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(c) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
2. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
3. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
4. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
5. What action does Jim fear will bring bad luck?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)