|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea of the after-life does Huck favor?
(a) Miss Watson's.
(b) Tom Sawyer's.
(c) The widow's.
(d) His father's.
2. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
(a) There was a dispute over land.
(b) No one seems to know, as it started so long ago.
(c) There was a dispute over the river landing stage.
(d) There was a romance between a Shepherdson and a Grangerford.
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(d) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Stott.
(b) The Walter Scott.
(c) The Miss Charlotte.
(d) The Nellie.
5. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(b) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(c) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(d) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Colonel Grangerford attired on Sundays?
2. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
3. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)