|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(b) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(c) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(d) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
2. How is Jim alerted to the coming lightning storm?
(a) He feels a change in the atmosphere and smells ozone.
(b) He understands clouds and thunderheads.
(c) He goes into a trance and sees a vision of the coming storm.
(d) He has an astute observation of birds.
3. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
(a) New York.
4. Where does Huck take refuge during the gunfight after Sophia's elopement?
(a) In Emeline's bedroom.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Under the wood heap.
(d) In his canoe.
5. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jackson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) George Jameson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, on the island, do Huck and Jim hide their belongings?
2. What is unusual about the tracks Huck finds in the snow?
3. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
4. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
5. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)