|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
(a) Jim is bitten by an actual snake.
(b) Huck is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) Jim is so angry that he attacks Huck.
(d) Jim turns the tables by putting live coals in Huck's bed.
2. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(b) Huck's American vernacular.
(c) Jim's accent.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
3. Which people did Huck and Tom intend to ambush?
(b) Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
4. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
(a) George Jameson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) George Jackson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
5. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(c) No one.
(d) Guests from New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
5. What is the origin of the feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)