Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) On the porch of the house.
(b) On the veranda of the general store.
(c) In the public square.
(d) In the church hall.
2. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The hook comes adrift.
(c) The line breaks.
(d) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
3. What does Huck call "the horriblest looking outrage I ever see"?
(a) Jim begging to be tied up again.
(b) Jim dressed up and painted as a sick Arab.
(c) Slaves being beaten by a cruel overseer.
(d) The King and the Duke buying clothes with their swindled money.
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Scott.
(b) The Walter Stott.
(c) The Nellie.
(d) The Miss Charlotte.
5. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(b) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
(c) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(d) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
2. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
3. What 'relict' do the boys procure from the garret in Chapter 37?
4. Why is Jim initially confused about getting a coat-of-arms?
5. Who built Silas Phelps' church?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)