|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Huck and Jim unable to land the catfish they caught?
(a) The fish pulls Jim into the water and he has to be rescued.
(b) The hook comes adrift.
(c) The line breaks.
(d) The fish is too enormous for them to handle.
2. What is the oracle that Jim consults?
(a) A crystal ball.
(b) A hairball.
(c) A chicken's liver.
(d) The way a toad reacts when it is prodded with a stick.
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(b) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(c) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(d) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
4. Who was allowed to sleep in Emmeline Grangerford's room?
(a) No one.
(b) Harney Shepherson.
(d) Guests from New Orleans.
5. Why do Huck and Jim leave the baby's bottle in the house?
(a) They think it contains poison.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It contains sour milk and would be diffficult to clean.
(d) It is too small to use as a water bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Huck's practical joke on Jim backfire?
2. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
3. What is the alias Huck uses at the Grangerfords?
4. Where had the Grangerfords' beautiful oil cloth table cover come from?
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)