|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
(a) Under Peter's bed.
(b) On the raft.
(c) In Peter's coffin.
(d) In Joanna's room.
2. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(a) The undertaker.
(d) The King.
3. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
(a) He knows he will soon be found out by Mary Jane.
(b) He thinks perhaps he'll receive a beating from the Duke.
(c) He thinks maybe the rat got in there.
(d) He doesn't know whether or not the bag of money is still in the coffin.
4. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
(a) To tar and feather him.
(b) To take his whiskey away from him.
(c) To drown him.
(d) To strip him and push him overboard.
5. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
(a) By asking him about his sea voyage to America.
(b) By inspecting him for a regal birthmark.
(c) By trying to get him to speak French.
(d) By asking him about Marie Antionette.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
2. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
5. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)