|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(b) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
2. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
3. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
(a) Under Peter's bed.
(b) On the raft.
(c) In Peter's coffin.
(d) In Joanna's room.
4. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
(a) He thinks maybe the rat got in there.
(b) He thinks perhaps he'll receive a beating from the Duke.
(c) He doesn't know whether or not the bag of money is still in the coffin.
(d) He knows he will soon be found out by Mary Jane.
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(b) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
2. What happens two days after the funeral?
3. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)