|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Jim's accent.
(b) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(c) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(d) Huck's American vernacular.
2. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
(a) He thinks perhaps he'll receive a beating from the Duke.
(b) He doesn't know whether or not the bag of money is still in the coffin.
(c) He thinks maybe the rat got in there.
(d) He knows he will soon be found out by Mary Jane.
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(b) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(c) They are worried about the river currents.
(d) They want to get rid of Turner first.
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
5. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) Huck digs up the coffin.
(b) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(c) The King preaches a sermon.
(d) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
2. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
3. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
4. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
5. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)