|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(b) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
2. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
(a) By next morning.
(b) In an hour.
(c) In half an hour.
(d) They don't: they become sworn enemies.
3. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(b) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(c) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(d) By the height of the waves.
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(b) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(c) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(d) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(c) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(d) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
2. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
3. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
4. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
5. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)