|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) The Illinois bank of the river.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(d) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
2. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
3. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(b) He cries.
(c) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
(d) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
4. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(d) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
5. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) Huck digs up the coffin.
(b) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(c) The King preaches a sermon.
(d) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
2. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
3. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
4. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
5. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)