|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To steal a chicken.
(b) To find Jim.
(c) To find some berries.
(d) To evade Pappy.
2. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(a) The King.
(c) The undertaker.
3. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
(a) He claims he was warned he could be hanged.
(b) He was worried about Jim all alone on the raft.
(c) He was worried about Joanna and wanted to find her.
(d) He needed to get away from the crowds.
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Walter Stott.
(b) The Miss Charlotte.
(c) The Nellie.
(d) The Walter Scott.
5. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
(a) He thinks maybe the rat got in there.
(b) He knows he will soon be found out by Mary Jane.
(c) He thinks perhaps he'll receive a beating from the Duke.
(d) He doesn't know whether or not the bag of money is still in the coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens two days after the funeral?
2. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
3. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
4. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
5. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)