|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(a) The undertaker.
(c) The King.
2. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To evade Pappy.
(b) To find some berries.
(c) To find Jim.
(d) To steal a chicken.
3. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
(b) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(c) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
(d) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
4. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
(b) He cries.
(c) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(d) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
5. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
(a) By next morning.
(b) In half an hour.
(c) They don't: they become sworn enemies.
(d) In an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
2. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
5. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)