|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
(b) The town is under quarantine.
(c) It is siesta time.
(d) It is a ghost town.
2. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By the height of the waves.
(b) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(c) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(d) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
3. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
(a) He doesn't know whether or not the bag of money is still in the coffin.
(b) He knows he will soon be found out by Mary Jane.
(c) He thinks perhaps he'll receive a beating from the Duke.
(d) He thinks maybe the rat got in there.
4. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Carp County in Illinois.
(b) Pike County in Illinois.
(c) Orange County in California.
(d) Pike County in Missouri.
5. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He scuttles it.
(b) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(c) He conceals it under willow branches.
(d) He lets it drift down the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
2. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
5. What does the King do after his confession?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)