|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Orange County in California.
(b) Carp County in Illinois.
(c) Pike County in Missouri.
(d) Pike County in Illinois.
2. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
(a) The King and the Duke fighting over the money.
(b) A dog has baled up a runaway slave.
(c) A drunken mourner has raided a wine barrell.
(d) A dog that has found a rat.
3. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
(a) By trying to get him to speak French.
(b) By asking him about his sea voyage to America.
(c) By asking him about Marie Antionette.
(d) By inspecting him for a regal birthmark.
4. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(b) By the height of the waves.
(c) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(d) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
5. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
(b) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(c) He cries.
(d) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
2. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
3. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
4. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)