|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) It is siesta time.
(b) It is a ghost town.
(c) The town is under quarantine.
(d) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
2. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
(a) The King and the Duke fighting over the money.
(b) A dog that has found a rat.
(c) A drunken mourner has raided a wine barrell.
(d) A dog has baled up a runaway slave.
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(b) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(c) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(d) They are worried about the river currents.
4. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
(a) On the raft.
(b) In Joanna's room.
(c) In Peter's coffin.
(d) Under Peter's bed.
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(b) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
(c) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(d) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King do after his confession?
2. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
3. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
4. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
5. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)