|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To evade Pappy.
(b) To find Jim.
(c) To find some berries.
(d) To steal a chicken.
2. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
(a) On the raft.
(b) Under Peter's bed.
(c) In Joanna's room.
(d) In Peter's coffin.
3. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He lets it drift down the river.
(b) He conceals it under willow branches.
(c) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(d) He scuttles it.
4. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(b) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) The Illinois bank of the river.
5. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
(b) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(c) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
2. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
5. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)