|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(d) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
2. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
3. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(b) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(c) They are worried about the river currents.
(d) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
4. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
(a) In half an hour.
(b) By next morning.
(c) In an hour.
(d) They don't: they become sworn enemies.
5. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(b) The Illinois bank of the river.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
2. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
3. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
4. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)