|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
(b) The Illinois bank of the river.
(c) Deep into the woods.
(d) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
2. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They are worried about the river currents.
(b) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(c) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(d) They want to get rid of Turner first.
3. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(c) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(d) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
4. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
(a) On the raft.
(b) In Joanna's room.
(c) Under Peter's bed.
(d) In Peter's coffin.
5. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
(a) Hiding the money in the coffin.
(b) Trying to drown Huck,
(c) Trying to escape with the money.
(d) Flirting with Mary Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
2. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
4. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
5. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)