|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Nellie.
(b) The Walter Scott.
(c) The Walter Stott.
(d) The Miss Charlotte.
2. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(b) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(c) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
(d) The possibility of valuable salvage.
3. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
(a) The Illinois bank of the river.
(b) Deep into the woods.
(c) Close to where he has hidden the canoe.
(d) On the beach facing the Illinois bank.
4. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's American vernacular.
(b) Jim's accent.
(c) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
5. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(b) Huck digs up the coffin.
(c) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
(d) The King preaches a sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
2. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
3. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
4. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
5. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)