|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
(a) Through the appearance of a streak in the water.
(b) By the way it sticks out of the water.
(c) By a swirl and ripple in the water.
(d) By the height of the waves.
2. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Nellie.
(b) The Miss Charlotte.
(c) The Walter Scott.
(d) The Walter Stott.
3. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
(d) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
4. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Jim's accent.
(b) Huck's American vernacular.
(c) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(d) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
5. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He cries.
(b) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
(c) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(d) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
2. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
3. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
4. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
5. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)