|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(b) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
2. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Carp County in Illinois.
(b) Pike County in Missouri.
(c) Orange County in California.
(d) Pike County in Illinois.
3. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
(a) By trying to get him to speak French.
(b) By asking him about Marie Antionette.
(c) By inspecting him for a regal birthmark.
(d) By asking him about his sea voyage to America.
4. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(c) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
(d) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
5. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
(a) He says he was checking to see if it was loaded.
(b) He says he was about to go and shoot a wild hog.
(c) He tells his father someone was trying to break into the cabin.
(d) He tells his father he was being helpful by cleaning the gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
2. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
3. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
4. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
5. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)