|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He lets it drift down the river.
(b) He conceals it under willow branches.
(c) He scuttles it.
(d) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
2. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Pike County in Illinois.
(b) Carp County in Illinois.
(c) Orange County in California.
(d) Pike County in Missouri.
3. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
(a) In half an hour.
(b) They don't: they become sworn enemies.
(c) By next morning.
(d) In an hour.
4. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) It is a ghost town.
(b) The town is under quarantine.
(c) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
(d) It is siesta time.
5. What happens two days after the funeral?
(a) The King puts the property and slaves up for sale.
(b) The King borrows a substantial sum of money.
(c) Huck digs up the coffin.
(d) The King preaches a sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
2. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
3. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
4. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
5. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)