|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(b) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
2. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
(a) The Duke.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
3. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(c) The undertaker.
(d) The King.
4. What is the source of the commotion in the cellar in Chapter 27?
(a) The King and the Duke fighting over the money.
(b) A drunken mourner has raided a wine barrell.
(c) A dog that has found a rat.
(d) A dog has baled up a runaway slave.
5. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
(a) He claims he was warned he could be hanged.
(b) He needed to get away from the crowds.
(c) He was worried about Jim all alone on the raft.
(d) He was worried about Joanna and wanted to find her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
2. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
4. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
5. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)