|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(b) Huck's American vernacular.
(c) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
(d) Jim's accent.
2. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(b) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
(c) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(d) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
3. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) The Duke.
(d) Huck Finn.
4. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
(a) By asking him about Marie Antionette.
(b) By inspecting him for a regal birthmark.
(c) By asking him about his sea voyage to America.
(d) By trying to get him to speak French.
5. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(b) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(c) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(d) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
2. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
3. What does the King do after his confession?
4. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
5. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)