|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(b) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
(c) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(d) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
2. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
(a) The Miss Charlotte.
(b) The Walter Stott.
(c) The Nellie.
(d) The Walter Scott.
3. What convinces the ferry captain to investigate the sinking ship?
(a) The opportunity for glory in catching murderers.
(b) Huck's story of a good financial reward.
(c) The possibility of valuable salvage.
(d) Huck's harrowing story of women and children in peril..
4. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
(a) They decide to have a pot of whiskey first.
(b) They want to get Turner's share of the money.
(c) They want to get rid of Turner first.
(d) They are worried about the river currents.
5. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(b) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(c) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(d) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
2. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
3. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
4. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)