|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
(b) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(c) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(d) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
2. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
(a) They don't: they become sworn enemies.
(b) In half an hour.
(c) In an hour.
(d) By next morning.
3. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
(a) He claims he was warned he could be hanged.
(b) He needed to get away from the crowds.
(c) He was worried about Jim all alone on the raft.
(d) He was worried about Joanna and wanted to find her.
4. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To find some berries.
(b) To find Jim.
(c) To evade Pappy.
(d) To steal a chicken.
5. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He scuttles it.
(b) He conceals it under willow branches.
(c) He lets it drift down the river.
(d) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
2. What does the King do after his confession?
3. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
4. What is the name of the sunken steamer?
5. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)