|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
(b) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
(c) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(d) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
2. What does Huck do with the canoe when he reaches Jackson's Island?
(a) He conceals it under willow branches.
(b) He scuttles it.
(c) He hauls it way up the bank and hides it in some woods.
(d) He lets it drift down the river.
3. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
(a) People believe bread dabbed with quicksilver will float to a corpse.
(b) A bread cart has fallen off a bridge.
(c) People believe bread thrown in the water will prevent more drownings.
(d) An angry chef has thrown loaves of bread from a river steamer.
4. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
(a) In an hour.
(b) They don't: they become sworn enemies.
(c) By next morning.
(d) In half an hour.
5. Who has "no more smile to him than there is to a ham"?
(b) The undertaker.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
2. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
3. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
4. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
5. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)