|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To steal a chicken.
(b) To find some berries.
(c) To evade Pappy.
(d) To find Jim.
2. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(b) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
(c) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
(d) He cries.
3. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(b) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
(c) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(d) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
4. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
(a) Jim's accent.
(b) Huck's garbled retelling of matter he has just read about.
(c) Huck's American vernacular.
(d) Huck telling Jim more tall stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
2. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
3. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
4. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
5. How soon do the King and the Duke make up their quarrel in Chapter 30?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)