|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King do after his confession?
(a) He cries.
(b) He retired to the wigwam with a bottle.
(c) He tells jokes till everyone is asleep.
(d) He goes for a cleansing swim, symbolic of beginning a new life.
2. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
(a) Huck Finn.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) The Duke.
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. In Chapter 13, what is Jim's attitude to the adventure he and Huck have just experienced?
(a) Negative. He didn't enjoy it and doesn't want similar adventures.
(b) Enthusiastic. He can't wait for the next opportunity, though he does have some criticism.
(c) Compliant. He likes Huck to lead, enjoyed the adventure and falls in with Huck's ideas.
(d) Ambivalent. He is uncertain about the moral status of what they have just done.
5. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
(a) Most people have gone to the camp meeting.
(b) The town is under quarantine.
(c) It is a ghost town.
(d) It is siesta time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are loaves of bread floating down the river?
2. How many logs worth selling do Pap and Huck find?
3. How can a snag in the river be recognized?
4. Why is Huck worried when the coffin lid is screwed on?
5. What forms the basis of the humorous conversation in Chapter 14?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)