|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the King questions him in Chapter 27, what lie does Huck tell?
(a) He claims that 'the niggers were in the King's room'.
(b) He claims to have seen Jim and Mary Jane talking to a strange man in a yellow coat.
(c) He claims that Joanna and Susan were in the King's room.
(d) He claims that the undertaken sneaked into the King's room just before the funeral.
2. According to what Huck tells the King and the Duke, where did his parents come from?
(a) Carp County in Illinois.
(b) Pike County in Illinois.
(c) Orange County in California.
(d) Pike County in Missouri.
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
(a) Under Peter's bed.
(b) In Peter's coffin.
(c) On the raft.
(d) In Joanna's room.
5. What does the Duke threaten to do to the King if he lies again?
(a) To take his whiskey away from him.
(b) To tar and feather him.
(c) To drown him.
(d) To strip him and push him overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Huck give for having the gun in his hands?
2. Who says: "It's lovely to live on a raft"?
3. What does the King do after his confession?
4. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
5. Where does Huck go to cook his supper in Chapter 8?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)