|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Jim been attempting to test the authenticity of the King's story?
(a) By asking him about his sea voyage to America.
(b) By asking him about Marie Antionette.
(c) By trying to get him to speak French.
(d) By inspecting him for a regal birthmark.
2. How does Jim react when he first sees Huck in Chapter 8?
(a) He's relieved and happy Huck is alive.
(b) He's angry and afraid of being discovered.
(c) He's frightened as he genuinely believes Huck is a ghost.
(d) He thinks Huck is the Devil and is desperately afraid.
3. What word should Huck have used instead of "dolphin"?
4. What makes Huck squirm in Chapter 30?
(a) The dinner that has disagreed with him.
(b) Hearing his lie about the Wilks slaves being repeated.
(c) Seeing Jim dressed as an Arab.
(d) Thinking about the lies he's been telling.
5. Why does Huck take a canoe up a 'chute' in Chapter 19?
(a) To evade Pappy.
(b) To find some berries.
(c) To steal a chicken.
(d) To find Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the streets of the 'one horse town' empty?
2. Why do the murderers defer leaving in the skiff?
3. What excuse does Huck give the King for his flight from the cemetery?
4. In Chapter 30, what do the King and the Duke accuse each other of doing?
5. Where does Huck hide the money in Chapter 27?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)