|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
(a) Harney Shepherdson.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
2. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
(b) Around midnight.
(c) Two in the morning.
(d) Four in the morning.
3. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(d) Scarlet fever.
4. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) There's danger he might be seen.
(b) His hands are too sore.
(c) Huck broke it.
(d) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
5. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(b) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(c) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(d) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
2. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
3. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
4. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
5. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)