|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(b) Telling stories.
(c) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
(d) Smoking corncob pipes.
2. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
3. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(b) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(c) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(d) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
4. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(b) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(c) The canoe is stolen.
(d) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(b) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
2. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
3. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
4. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
5. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)