|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
(b) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
(c) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(d) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
2. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In front of the door.
(c) Beside the fireplace.
(d) At the foot of Jim's bed.
3. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) In the church hall.
(b) On the veranda of the general store.
(c) In the public square.
(d) On the porch of the house.
4. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(a) Telling stories.
(b) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
(d) Smoking corncob pipes.
5. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(b) A supernatural presence.
(c) Journeying into the unknown.
(d) The power of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
3. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
4. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)