|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
2. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
(a) Through the storm cellar.
(b) Out the back door.
(c) Through the front window.
(d) Down the lightning rod.
3. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(b) A supernatural presence.
(c) Journeying into the unknown.
(d) The power of the river.
4. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(b) He is troubled by his conscience.
(c) He is hungry and cold.
(d) He is lonely.
5. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
(b) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(c) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(d) The mooring rope has been lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
2. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
3. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
4. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)