|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) A supernatural presence.
(b) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(c) The power of the river.
(d) Journeying into the unknown.
2. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
(a) A quarrel over food.
(b) Some rapids.
(c) Huck loses his lantern and Jim can't see him.
(d) A large island.
3. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
4. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) Huck broke it.
(b) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
(c) There's danger he might be seen.
(d) His hands are too sore.
5. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) On the veranda of the general store.
(b) In the public square.
(c) On the porch of the house.
(d) In the church hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
2. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
3. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
4. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
5. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)