|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(b) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(c) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(d) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
2. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(a) Telling stories.
(b) Smoking corncob pipes.
(d) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
3. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The canoe is stolen.
(b) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(c) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(d) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
4. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
5. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(b) He is troubled by his conscience.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is hungry and cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
2. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
3. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
4. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
5. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)