|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The canoe is stolen.
(b) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(c) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
(d) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
2. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
(a) At the foot of Jim's bed.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In front of the door.
(d) Beside the fireplace.
3. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) His hands are too sore.
(b) There's danger he might be seen.
(c) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
(d) Huck broke it.
4. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
5. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
(a) Around midnight.
(b) Two in the morning.
(c) Four in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
2. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
3. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
4. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)