|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(b) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(c) The mooring rope has been lost.
(d) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
2. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
(a) A quarrel over food.
(b) Some rapids.
(c) A large island.
(d) Huck loses his lantern and Jim can't see him.
3. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) His hands are too sore.
(b) Huck broke it.
(c) There's danger he might be seen.
(d) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
4. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is hungry and cold.
(b) He is troubled by his conscience.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
5. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(b) A supernatural presence.
(c) Journeying into the unknown.
(d) The power of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
3. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
4. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
5. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)