|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
(b) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(c) The mooring rope has been lost.
(d) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
2. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
(b) The canoe is stolen.
(c) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(d) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
3. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
(b) Around midnight.
(c) Four in the morning.
(d) Two in the morning.
4. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(b) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(c) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(d) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
5. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
(a) Beside the fireplace.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In front of the door.
(d) At the foot of Jim's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
2. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
3. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
4. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
5. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)