|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(b) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(c) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(d) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
2. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(b) Scarlet fever.
3. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
(b) There's danger he might be seen.
(c) Huck broke it.
(d) His hands are too sore.
4. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(b) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
(c) Telling stories.
(d) Smoking corncob pipes.
5. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(b) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
(c) The canoe is stolen.
(d) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
2. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
3. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
4. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
5. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)