|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(a) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
(c) Telling stories.
(d) Smoking corncob pipes.
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(b) He is hungry and cold.
(c) He is troubled by his conscience.
(d) He is lonely.
3. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(d) Scarlet fever.
4. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
(b) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(c) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
(d) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
5. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) A supernatural presence.
(b) The power of the river.
(c) Journeying into the unknown.
(d) The confusion inside Huck's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
2. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
3. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
4. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
5. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)