|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(b) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
(c) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(d) The mooring rope has been lost.
2. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
(b) The Duke.
3. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
(a) Beside the fireplace.
(b) At the foot of Jim's bed.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In front of the door.
4. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
5. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(b) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(c) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(d) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
2. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
5. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)