|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is hungry and cold.
(b) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(c) He is troubled by his conscience.
(d) He is lonely.
2. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
(c) The Duke.
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(a) Smoking corncob pipes.
(b) Telling stories.
(c) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
5. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
(b) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(c) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(d) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
2. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
3. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
4. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
5. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)