|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(b) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(c) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(d) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
2. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
(a) Around midnight.
(b) Four in the morning.
(c) Two in the morning.
3. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) The power of the river.
(b) A supernatural presence.
(c) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(d) Journeying into the unknown.
4. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is troubled by his conscience.
(d) He is hungry and cold.
5. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) Huck broke it.
(b) There's danger he might be seen.
(c) His hands are too sore.
(d) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
2. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
3. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
4. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
5. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)