|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(b) Scarlet fever.
2. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) There's danger he might be seen.
(b) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
(c) Huck broke it.
(d) His hands are too sore.
3. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is troubled by his conscience.
(c) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(d) He is hungry and cold.
4. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) On the veranda of the general store.
(b) In the church hall.
(c) In the public square.
(d) On the porch of the house.
5. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
(b) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(c) The canoe is stolen.
(d) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
2. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
3. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
4. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
5. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)