|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
(b) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(c) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
(d) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is hungry and cold.
(c) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(d) He is troubled by his conscience.
3. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) Huck broke it.
(b) There's danger he might be seen.
(c) His hands are too sore.
(d) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
4. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
(a) The Duke.
5. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
(a) Huck loses his lantern and Jim can't see him.
(b) Some rapids.
(c) A quarrel over food.
(d) A large island.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
2. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
3. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
4. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
5. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)