|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
(c) The Duke.
2. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(b) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(c) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(d) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
3. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(d) Harney Shepherdson.
4. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
(b) Four in the morning.
(c) Two in the morning.
(d) Around midnight.
5. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(b) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
(c) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(d) The mooring rope has been lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
2. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
3. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
5. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)