|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
(a) Out the back door.
(b) Down the lightning rod.
(c) Through the storm cellar.
(d) Through the front window.
2. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
3. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) In the church hall.
(b) On the veranda of the general store.
(c) In the public square.
(d) On the porch of the house.
4. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
5. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(c) He is troubled by his conscience.
(d) He is hungry and cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
2. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
3. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
4. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
5. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)