|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
(a) Some rapids.
(b) A large island.
(c) Huck loses his lantern and Jim can't see him.
(d) A quarrel over food.
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
(b) He is hungry and cold.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is troubled by his conscience.
3. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
(b) Smoking corncob pipes.
(c) Telling stories.
(d) Chewing tobacco and telling stories.
4. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
(b) His hands are too sore.
(c) Huck broke it.
(d) There's danger he might be seen.
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(b) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
2. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
3. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
4. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
5. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)