|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
(a) In front of the door.
(b) Beside the fireplace.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) At the foot of Jim's bed.
2. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
(a) Around midnight.
(b) Two in the morning.
(c) Four in the morning.
3. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
(b) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(c) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
(d) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
4. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is hungry and cold.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is troubled by his conscience.
(d) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(d) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the case-knives not working, what does Tom then choose for digging tools?
2. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
4. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
5. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)