|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) In the public square.
(b) On the veranda of the general store.
(c) In the church hall.
(d) On the porch of the house.
2. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) Beside the fireplace.
(c) In front of the door.
(d) At the foot of Jim's bed.
3. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
(a) He knows there is better food at the Lothrop place.
(b) She'll be able to arrive at the Lothrops' place before the heat of the day.
(c) He knows the expression on her face will show the King and the Duke that she is onto them.
(d) He is afraid Mary Jane will confront the King and slap his face.
4. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(d) Scarlet fever.
5. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
(a) The fog has come down too suddenly for them to get to shore.
(b) The sapling they use as a mooring is not strong enough to hold the raft.
(c) They are embarking on a new adventure and want to take risks.
(d) The mooring rope has been lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
2. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
3. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
4. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
5. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)