|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, where was the auction held?
(a) On the veranda of the general store.
(b) In the public square.
(c) In the church hall.
(d) On the porch of the house.
2. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) Journeying into the unknown.
(b) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(c) The power of the river.
(d) A supernatural presence.
3. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
(a) He is hungry and cold.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is troubled by his conscience.
(d) He knows he has been mean to Jim.
4. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) Harney Shepherdson.
5. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(d) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sociable activity do Jim and the boys share in Chapter 36?
2. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
3. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
4. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
5. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)