|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(b) The canoe is stolen.
(c) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
(d) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
2. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
(a) Some rapids.
(b) Huck loses his lantern and Jim can't see him.
(c) A quarrel over food.
(d) A large island.
3. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) His hands are too sore.
(b) Huck broke it.
(c) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
(d) There's danger he might be seen.
4. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
(a) Jim says Huck is 'true blue' and is helping him.
(b) Jim notes that Huck has little care for money.
(c) Jim thinks Huck is braver than anyone else he knows.
(d) Jim says Huck is the only 'white' person who has ever honored a promise to him.
5. What is one symbol that the fog represents?
(a) The confusion inside Huck's head.
(b) The power of the river.
(c) A supernatural presence.
(d) Journeying into the unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
2. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
3. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
4. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
5. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)