|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
(a) Down the lightning rod.
(b) Out the back door.
(c) Through the front window.
(d) Through the storm cellar.
2. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
(b) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(c) The canoe is stolen.
(d) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
3. Who is the other person Huck tells Mary Jane in Chapter 28 would be in big trouble?
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Harney Shepherdson.
4. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
(c) Scarlet fever.
5. At what point do Huck and Tom enter Jim's cabin?
(a) At the foot of Jim's bed.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In front of the door.
(d) Beside the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Huck and Jim find themselves riding the river through thick fog in Chapter 15?
2. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
3. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
4. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
5. In Jim's eyes, how is Huck different?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)