One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests telling Uncle Harvey about Mary Jane and the mumps?
(d) The Duke.
2. Why can't Tom get back up the lightning rod?
(a) Huck broke it.
(b) His hands are too sore.
(c) There's danger he might be seen.
(d) The lightning rod is cold and slippery.
3. What calamity befalls Huck and Jim at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The canoe is stolen.
(b) The raft drifts off by itself and is lost.
(c) The raft is destroyed in a collision with a large steamboat.
(d) The raft is destroyed as they ride over some rapids.
4. What separates Jim and Huck in the fog?
(a) Huck loses his lantern and Jim can't see him.
(b) A quarrel over food.
(c) Some rapids.
(d) A large island.
5. Huck's narrative includes the words: "but I was over the shoal water now." This is an example of what sort of figurative language?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is supposed to be the problem at the Proctors'?
2. Why is Huck feeling "mean and miserable" in Chapter 15?
3. What time is it when the boys become too tired to carry on?
4. How do Huck and Tom exit the house in Chapter 36?
5. Why does Huck want Mary Jane to leave before breakfast?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)