|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who uses the building most?
(c) Highway workers.
(d) Factory workers.
2. Ginsberg believes that America is which of the following?
(d) Sadly mistaken.
3. How far away is the child's father?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 1000 miles.
(c) 3 blocks.
(d) 25 miles.
4. In the poem, the poet sees himself in what room?
(a) Airport waiting room.
(b) Living room.
5. Where is the child's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. The song is inspired by whom?
2. What body part is mentioned?
3. What was a hobby of the father's?
4. What is the weapon?
5. What emotion do we carry through life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ginsberg work in this poem? What is his position? What are people waiting for?
2. Aside from housing personal baggage, what does Ginsberg believe is the purpose of the racks?
3. What is one of the main things that Ginsberg opposes during this time?
4. How does the theme affect each person? Where does it appear?
5. What is at least one of Ginsberg's comments about the racks and baggage?
6. What is the child's condition and outlook upon his surroundings?
7. What item catches Ginsberg's eye? Where is it?
8. What is the poet's feeling about physical passion and the enjoyment of it?
9. What is an asphodel? How does it compare to Ginsberg's concept of desire?
10. In what room in his apartment does the poet talk about his needs? What is his condition?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)