|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous magazine is mentioned?
(b) Popular Mechanics.
(d) Field and Stream.
2. How are people's lives described?
3. What relative is mentioned in the poem?
(a) Cousin Carl.
(b) Aunt Ethel.
(c) Uncle Max.
(d) Brother Jacob.
4. Which word best describes Ginsberg's attitude about the specific weapon?
5. What type of building is mentioned?
(a) Toll booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people live?
2. Ginsberg sees the racks as being created to keep what together?
3. What job does Ginsberg perform?
4. Ginsberg has not touched what in months?
5. Where did Ginsberg's family come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main theme of this poem? What is the poet's opinion of the theme?
2. What childhood memory of politics does Ginsberg recall? How do those memories affect the present?
3. How should one behave in the giving and receiving of love? Where does this habit originate?
4. What is at least one of Ginsberg's comments about the racks and baggage?
5. What are the setting and characters featured in the poem? What is the main activity?
6. What is the point of the poem? What is the poet's conclusion?
7. What is one of the main themes in this poem? To what does Ginsberg compare the flower?
8. What is one of the main things that Ginsberg opposes during this time?
9. What is the child thinking about? How does it relate to his family?
10. What is an asphodel? How does it compare to Ginsberg's concept of desire?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)