|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has sacrificed itself?
(c) Poor man.
2. What is the final wish?
3. What relative is mentioned in the poem?
(a) Aunt Ethel.
(b) Cousin Carl.
(c) Brother Jacob.
(d) Uncle Max.
4. What is an asphodel?
(a) Jewish relic.
(d) Sea creature.
5. Where is the child's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is the child's father?
2. Ginsberg sees the racks as being created to keep what together?
3. What is one of the main complaints about the job?
4. With what might one become obsessed?
5. To what does Ginsberg compare the natural item?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was AN ASPHODEL written and what is the main theme of the poem?
2. What path of thought does the item inspire?
3. What is one of the main themes in this poem? To what does Ginsberg compare the flower?
4. What is the main theme of this poem? What is the poet's opinion of the theme?
5. How does the theme affect each person? Where does it appear?
6. What is at least one of Ginsberg's comments about the racks and baggage?
7. Aside from housing personal baggage, what does Ginsberg believe is the purpose of the racks?
8. What is the poet's feeling about physical passion and the enjoyment of it?
9. What item catches Ginsberg's eye? Where is it?
10. How does the poem end? What is the inference of things to come?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)