|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ginsberg has experienced which of the following?
(b) God's presence.
(c) Health issues.
(d) Near death experience.
2. Which is a theme in Ginsberg's column?
3. The poet asks questions of whom?
(a) Stock boys.
4. Where is it located?
(b) Railroad yard.
(c) Living room.
5. What religion is practiced by Ginsberg?
Short Answer Questions
1. HOWL can be seen as a plea for ______________.
2. The public sometimes embraced _______________.
3. Which part of a person is referred to in the footnote?
4. Which adjective is the best to describe HOWL?
5. Which of the following was very important to Ginsberg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ginsberg experience a great deal of confusion and distress during his adolescence?
2. Do you think that Ginsberg is being realistic in regards to this concept? Is there anything negative in the holiness?
3. What is the overall theme mentioned in the footnote? What is the poet's meaning?
4. According to Williams and Ginsberg, how is it possible for love to survive?
5. How does Ginsberg compare the flower to the locomotive? What is the symbolism/metaphor?
6. What is Ginsberg's take on people who may not be righteous?
7. How does Ginsberg's lack of money affect his attitude in this poem?
8. Name at least two themes used in SUNFLOWER SUTRA. How do you know?
9. What is one of the things that Ginsberg might discuss or dream about with Whitman on the way home?
10. What question does Ginsberg ask? To what can the sunflower be compared?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)