|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ginsberg, everything is _________.
2. What does the friend point out to Ginsberg?
3. Who is Charon?
(b) Ginsberg's brother.
4. The author recognizes what about the item?
5. Which of the following is not one of the things that keeps America occupied?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which item do the friends sit?
2. What is known as changing something to make it work for you?
3. Ginsberg sees a need for which of the following?
4. Ginsberg believed that his generation was being destroyed by which of the following?
5. The time period takes place after which event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Ginsberg ask? To what can the sunflower be compared?
2. What is the purpose of the vision? Does Ginsberg understand this purpose?
3. What was Ginsberg's relationship to Carl Solomon?
4. According to Williams and Ginsberg, how is it possible for love to survive?
5. How does the poet speak about the people of his generation?
6. Which things mentioned in the beginning of the poem bring serenity to the author?
7. What types of people are noticed by Ginsberg inside the supermarket?
8. Do you think that Ginsberg is being realistic in regards to this concept? Is there anything negative in the holiness?
9. What is the main theme of the poem? Why is the theme important?
10. Discuss Ginsberg's view of creative people who had to go to work in order to survive.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)