|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ginsberg laments the loss of which of the following?
2. Ginsberg saw poetry as being __________.
3. Who shall not be defeated in the end?
4. People often attempted to deaden their ______________.
(a) True nature.
(b) Sexual urges.
5. Non-conformists often conformed and opened what kinds of stores?
(b) Military surplus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ginsberg imagine seeing in the supermarket?
2. What did Solomon do for a living?
3. What is known as changing something to make it work for you?
4. Atop which item does the thing rest?
5. Ginsberg fantasizes about being a _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What mystical reference is made by Ginsberg? Does Ginsberg want to keep it a secret?
2. What common object is spotted by Kerouac? Where? What is Ginsberg's reaction?
3. Name at least two themes used in SUNFLOWER SUTRA. How do you know?
4. What is the purpose of the vision? Does Ginsberg understand this purpose?
5. How does the poet speak about the people of his generation?
6. Do you think that Ginsberg is being realistic in regards to this concept? Is there anything negative in the holiness?
7. Ginsberg spends a great deal of time talking about what is holy. What are the poet's thoughts on the subject?
8. What were some of the things the people of Ginsberg's generation did to try and ease the pain of youth?
9. According to Williams and Ginsberg, how is it possible for love to survive?
10. Discuss Ginsberg's view of creative people who had to go to work in order to survive.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)