|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the poem take place?
(a) Railroad yard.
2. What natural item is spotted by the poet?
3. What color is used to describe fate?
4. This emotion is always present where?
(a) In the heart of a child.
(c) In the back of one's mind.
(d) In dreams.
5. To what does Ginsberg compare the natural item?
6. What was a hobby of the father's?
(b) Hot rods.
7. Who is with Ginsberg in the poem?
(a) No one.
8. What is one of the main complaints about the job?
(a) Room is too cold.
(b) Long hours.
(c) Low wages.
(d) Mean people.
9. This emotion is inherent in what?
(a) The air.
(b) Human heart.
(c) The soul.
(d) The ether.
10. According to Ginsberg, people's bags are filled with what?
11. What relative is mentioned in the poem?
(a) Brother Jacob.
(b) Uncle Max.
(c) Aunt Ethel.
(d) Cousin Carl.
12. What is the weapon?
(a) Nuclear bomb.
(b) Atomic bomb.
(c) Pellet gun.
(d) Chemical warfare.
13. Ginsberg sees the racks as being created to keep what together?
(d) Dry cleaning.
14. What spiritual leader is mentioned in the poem?
15. Ginsberg has not touched what in months?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Ginsberg's attitude about the specific weapon?
2. What is the main theme of the poem?
3. Ginsberg talks about his job in relation to which of the following?
4. What do they walk by?
5. How are people's lives described?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)