|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ginsberg compare the natural item?
2. What is the final wish?
3. In which season was the poem written?
4. At the end of the poem Ginsberg laments ___________.
(b) Lost friendship.
(c) Running out of food.
(d) Being unfilled.
5. What is the main theme of the poem?
(a) Pace of life.
6. The poem talks about returning to what?
(d) The earth.
7. Ginsberg believes that America is which of the following?
(b) Sadly mistaken.
8. In what year was the poem written?
9. Who uses the building most?
(b) Highway workers.
(c) Factory workers.
10. Ginsberg has not touched what in months?
11. What natural item is spotted by the poet?
12. What relative is mentioned in the poem?
(a) Cousin Carl.
(b) Brother Jacob.
(c) Uncle Max.
(d) Aunt Ethel.
13. How are people's lives described?
14. With what might one become obsessed?
15. What does Ginsberg compare to an asphodel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes the child?
2. What emotion is connected to the soul?
3. How does Ginsberg feel about the use of a particular weapon by government?
4. Which word best describes Ginsberg's attitude about the specific weapon?
5. What is constructed in the poem?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)