|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shall not be defeated in the end?
2. What is the surname of the friend mentioned in the poem?
3. Ginsberg is suffering from which ailment?
(b) Sprained ankle.
4. What does Ginsberg see in society?
5. Atop which item does the thing rest?
(c) Window sill.
(d) Pile of sawdust.
6. One of the main themes in the poem is __________.
(b) The Great Depression.
7. People often attempted to deaden their ______________.
(a) True nature.
(b) Sexual urges.
8. Which mode of transportation is nearby?
9. Ginsberg spent a lot of time in which one of the following cities?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
10. Next to which product is the character seen?
11. Who is seen by Ginsberg?
12. HOWL can be seen as a plea for ______________.
(a) Brotherly love.
13. Ginsberg visited Solomon in which city?
14. Non-conformists often conformed and opened what kinds of stores?
(a) Military surplus.
15. Ginsberg hopes for the return of which of the following?
(b) Free will.
(c) Martial law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many institutions believe that ___ was/were the answer.
2. Many people in Ginsberg's generation sought to avoid what?
3. What is Rockland?
4. Where is it located?
5. What profession does this person practice?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)