|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ginsberg believes that it is important to be which of the following?
2. Ginsberg believes that people should focus on ________________.
(a) How they treat each other.
3. Which of the following is not represented in HOWL?
4. The friend equates what to the item?
5. Williams talks about Ginsberg's experiences after the end of what major event?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) Moon landing.
(c) WW II.
(d) WW I.
6. In which state did Ginsberg live?
(d) New Jersey.
7. What item does Ginsberg touch in the dream?
8. The author is not _____________.
(b) Well known.
9. What religion is practiced by Ginsberg?
10. According to Ginsberg what is related to "quiet beauty?"
(d) Sleeping child.
11. Ginsberg makes it a point to embrace which of the following?
(c) Sheet music.
12. Ginsberg laments the loss of which of the following?
13. Ginsberg hopes for the return of which of the following?
(a) Martial law.
(b) Free will.
14. What does the friend point out to Ginsberg?
15. Which mode of transportation is nearby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of this poem?
2. What became Ginsberg's most famous poem?
3. The public sometimes embraced _______________.
4. If people are not careful they will end up experiencing which one of the following?
5. One of the main themes in the poem is __________.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)