|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A tape cassette is sent to Li'l Bit on September 3, 1969. Where is she?
2. Who mentions a gumbo of red and brown mixed into the cream of his skin?
3. How old is Li'l Bit during the dishwashing scene?
4. What boy fakes a fainting attack in order to get close to Li'l Bit?
5. According to the Driver's Education voice, what leads to a suspension of license, a fine, community service, and a possible jail sentence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Li'l Bit's breasts draw attention from family and classmates. Describe how this affects Li'l Bit, giving examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Typically a sexual molester is represented as pure evil, but Peck is often represented as a sympathetic character. Cite examples where he is shown in positive light. Describe your impressions of Peck.
Essay Topic 3
"How I Learned to Drive" is also about empowerment. Cite examples of power and how it changes in the play.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)