|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Li'l Bit asked to dance at the sock hop?
2. What does Aunt Mary do when Peck is having a spell?
3. According to Peck, people who work on Wall Street have a fire where?
4. What year is the scene in the basement?
5. What kind of champagne does Peck buy to celebrate Li'l Bit's 18th birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"How I Learned to Drive" jumps back and forth in time. The focus is on Li'l Bit's age, starting when she's 17, then 18, and then 16. The climax of the story is when she's 11, and it ends when she's 35. Why do you think the author does this?
Essay Topic 2
Li'l Bit's entire family appears dysfunctional. Explain how they are dysfunctional and what part this dysfunction plays in Li'l Bit's molestation.
Essay Topic 3
Li'l Bit's breasts draw attention from family and classmates. Describe how this affects Li'l Bit, giving examples from the text.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)