|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boy fakes a fainting attack in order to get close to Li'l Bit?
2. What kind of car does Peck say that he bought for Li'l Bit?
3. How much is the bet that the classmates have about Li'l Bit?
4. What does Peck convince Li'l Bit to do after they finish the champagne?
5. What does Aunt Mary buy Peck for Christmas in 1964?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"How I Learned to Drive" uses minimal props. For example, a charge is just two chairs. Action is often pantomimed, such as the act of driving or eating. Give other examples of the minimal set and explain why the author does this.
Essay Topic 2
Early in the play, Aunt Mary encourages Peck to talk to an upset Li'l Bit because he can handle her. Later, Aunt Mary tells the audience that Li'l Bit wraps Peck around her finger and is using him. Yet the first incident occurs when Li'l Bit is 17; the second is when Li'l Bit is 13. Explain these two different actions and perspectives from Aunt Mary.
Essay Topic 3
Peck is described as having his own demons to deal with. What are these demons? Give examples of how he deals with them.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)