|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aunt Mary when Li'l Bit is in the basement with Peck?
2. What is Peck's mood while doing the dishes after the holiday dinner?
3. What is Li'l Bit self conscious about in 1966?
4. Peck believes that Li'l Bit's fire is where?
5. According to Peck, people who work on Wall Street have a fire where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"How I Learned to Drive" jumps back and forth in time. The focus is on Li'l Bit's age, starting when she's 17, then 18, and then 16. The climax of the story is when she's 11, and it ends when she's 35. Why do you think the author does this?
Essay Topic 2
"How I Learned to Drive" is also about empowerment. Cite examples of power and how it changes in the play.
Essay Topic 3
In one scene, Peck takes Cousin Bobby fishing. Bobby becomes upset that the fish are being hurt, and Peck attempts to comfort Bobby. Does Peck have ulterior motives in comforting Bobby? Explain your reasons.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)