|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Li'l Bit asked to dance at the sock hop?
2. How long does it take Peck to drink himself to death?
3. How does Li'l Bit propose to draw the line in meeting with Peck weekly?
4. Peck announces that he needs a real drink at the end of the hotel room scene. What does he have?
5. Aunt Mary is counting the days until what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peck refers to his car as a "she". Explain his reasons for doing so and why you think that Li'l Bit does the same. Is this a practice you witness outside of this play? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
When Peck is teaching Li'l Bit how to drive, he is all seriousness. Why is that?
Essay Topic 3
Cars and driving are an important theme in this play. Describe what cars and driving represent in "How I Learned to Drive", and give examples.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)