|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Li'l Bit to dance at the sock hop?
2. Sometimes Li'l Bit seeks Peck as what?
3. What class is featured after the scene with the boy who fakes fainting?
4. According to Peck, people who work on Wall Street have a fire where?
5. Who watches Li'l Bit with her classmates at the dance from outside of the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"How I Learned to Drive" is also about empowerment. Cite examples of power and how it changes in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Early in the play, Aunt Mary encourages Peck to talk to an upset Li'l Bit because he can handle her. Later, Aunt Mary tells the audience that Li'l Bit wraps Peck around her finger and is using him. Yet the first incident occurs when Li'l Bit is 17; the second is when Li'l Bit is 13. Explain these two different actions and perspectives from Aunt Mary.
Essay Topic 3
Peck is described as having his own demons to deal with. What are these demons? Give examples of how he deals with them.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)