|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Li'l Bit asked to dance at the sock hop?
2. What kind of camera does Peck have?
3. Who else is in the hotel room with Peck and Li'l Bit in 1969?
4. What does Peck keep in his basement?
5. How long does it take Peck to drink himself to death?
Essay Topic 1
In "How I Learned to Drive", characters sometimes come out of the scene to talk to the audience. Cite examples of this, and explain what purpose it serves.
Essay Topic 2
Peck is described as having his own demons to deal with. What are these demons? Give examples of how he deals with them.
Essay Topic 3
"How I Learned to Drive" uses minimal props. For example, a charge is just two chairs. Action is often pantomimed, such as the act of driving or eating. Give other examples of the minimal set and explain why the author does this.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)