|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mary know that her husband is having a spell?
2. How does Peck explain why he drinks?
3. A tape cassette is sent to Li'l Bit on September 3, 1969. Where is she?
4. Throughout the dance scene, there is a strange beeping sound that only Li'l Bit can hear. Where is it coming from?
5. What musical instrument is not described as a secret?
Essay Topic 1
In "How I Learned to Drive", characters sometimes come out of the scene to talk to the audience. Cite examples of this, and explain what purpose it serves.
Essay Topic 2
Li'l Bit's breasts draw attention from family and classmates. Describe how this affects Li'l Bit, giving examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Typically a sexual molester is represented as pure evil, but Peck is often represented as a sympathetic character. Cite examples where he is shown in positive light. Describe your impressions of Peck.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)