|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the last time that Li'l Bit and Peck see each other?
2. How does Peck explain why he drinks?
3. Who asks Li'l Bit to dance at the sock hop?
4. What time does Li'l Bit get out of school?
5. What year is the scene in the basement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"How I Learned to Drive" is also about empowerment. Cite examples of power and how it changes in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Peck is described as having his own demons to deal with. What are these demons? Give examples of how he deals with them.
Essay Topic 3
Early in the play, Aunt Mary encourages Peck to talk to an upset Li'l Bit because he can handle her. Later, Aunt Mary tells the audience that Li'l Bit wraps Peck around her finger and is using him. Yet the first incident occurs when Li'l Bit is 17; the second is when Li'l Bit is 13. Explain these two different actions and perspectives from Aunt Mary.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)