|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy who fakes the fainting attack announce after he grabs Li'l Bit?
2. According to Peck, writers have a fire where?
3. Who else is in the hotel room with Peck and Li'l Bit in 1969?
4. When is the package returned to Peck's post office box?
5. What news does Li'l Bit break to Peck in the hotel room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cars and driving are an important theme in this play. Describe what cars and driving represent in "How I Learned to Drive", and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Peck refers to his car as a "she". Explain his reasons for doing so and why you think that Li'l Bit does the same. Is this a practice you witness outside of this play? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
In the first scene, who is behaving more as the adult and who is behaving more as the child? Show your reasoning.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)