|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the bet that the classmates have about Li'l Bit?
2. What musical instrument is not described as a secret?
3. What boy fakes a fainting attack in order to get close to Li'l Bit?
4. When does the scene of Peck doing the dishes occur?
5. How many gifts does Peck mail to Li'l Bit after she leaves in 1969?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Li'l Bit's breasts draw attention from family and classmates. Describe how this affects Li'l Bit, giving examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Typically a sexual molester is represented as pure evil, but Peck is often represented as a sympathetic character. Cite examples where he is shown in positive light. Describe your impressions of Peck.
Essay Topic 3
In one scene, Peck takes Cousin Bobby fishing. Bobby becomes upset that the fish are being hurt, and Peck attempts to comfort Bobby. Does Peck have ulterior motives in comforting Bobby? Explain your reasons.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)