|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A tape cassette is sent to Li'l Bit on September 3, 1969. Where is she?
2. What kind of jokes does Li'l Bit discuss when talking with to the other girls at the dance?
3. Li'l Bit writes to Peck in 1969 and tells him not to visit her. What date does this happen?
4. In 1966, what year of school is Li'l Bit in?
5. Who does Li'l Bit not want knowing about her weekly meetings with Peck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give examples of the traditional sexual and gender roles and how they shift during the play.
Essay Topic 2
Cars and driving are an important theme in this play. Describe what cars and driving represent in "How I Learned to Drive", and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Typically a sexual molester is represented as pure evil, but Peck is often represented as a sympathetic character. Cite examples where he is shown in positive light. Describe your impressions of Peck.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)