|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of champagne does Peck buy to celebrate Li'l Bit's 18th birthday?
2. Peck announces that he needs a real drink at the end of the hotel room scene. What does he have?
3. When does the scene of Peck doing the dishes occur?
4. 1960s Motown music takes the reader between which two scenes?
5. Who else is in the hotel room with Peck and Li'l Bit in 1969?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "How I Learned to Drive", characters sometimes come out of the scene to talk to the audience. Cite examples of this, and explain what purpose it serves.
Essay Topic 2
"How I Learned to Drive" is also about empowerment. Cite examples of power and how it changes in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Early in the play, Aunt Mary encourages Peck to talk to an upset Li'l Bit because he can handle her. Later, Aunt Mary tells the audience that Li'l Bit wraps Peck around her finger and is using him. Yet the first incident occurs when Li'l Bit is 17; the second is when Li'l Bit is 13. Explain these two different actions and perspectives from Aunt Mary.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)