|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Mary buy Peck for Christmas in 1964?
2. How does Aunt Mary know that her husband is having a spell?
3. What does Li'l Bit talk to the audience about after the dance?
4. How many times is Li'l Bit asked to dance at the sock hop?
5. Who mentions bedroom eyes?
Essay Topic 1
In "How I Learned to Drive", characters sometimes come out of the scene to talk to the audience. Cite examples of this, and explain what purpose it serves.
Essay Topic 2
Early in the play, Aunt Mary encourages Peck to talk to an upset Li'l Bit because he can handle her. Later, Aunt Mary tells the audience that Li'l Bit wraps Peck around her finger and is using him. Yet the first incident occurs when Li'l Bit is 17; the second is when Li'l Bit is 13. Explain these two different actions and perspectives from Aunt Mary.
Essay Topic 3
In one scene, Peck takes Cousin Bobby fishing. Bobby becomes upset that the fish are being hurt, and Peck attempts to comfort Bobby. Does Peck have ulterior motives in comforting Bobby? Explain your reasons.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)