|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Li'l Bit stop herself from doing before announcing that it's time for her to leave the hotel room?
2. How does Peck explain why he drinks?
3. Who mentions bedroom eyes?
4. How many times is Li'l Bit asked to dance at the sock hop?
5. What kind of jokes does Li'l Bit discuss when talking with to the other girls at the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, who do you feel the most compassion for? Explain your reasons.
Essay Topic 2
Typically a sexual molester is represented as pure evil, but Peck is often represented as a sympathetic character. Cite examples where he is shown in positive light. Describe your impressions of Peck.
Essay Topic 3
"How I Learned to Drive" is also about empowerment. Cite examples of power and how it changes in the play.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)