|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class is featured after the scene with the boy who fakes fainting?
2. When is the package returned to Peck's post office box?
3. What does Peck wear while he's doing the dishes after the holiday dinner?
4. Li'l Bit offers to meet with Peck once a week to talk, as long as he agrees to what?
5. When the boy who asks Li'l Bit to dance is standing, where is his head level to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "How I Learned to Drive", characters sometimes come out of the scene to talk to the audience. Cite examples of this, and explain what purpose it serves.
Essay Topic 2
Li'l Bit and Peck are the two main characters. Use examples from the book of how other characters are represented. Why are all the other character represented by the Greek Chorus?
Essay Topic 3
Peck is often seen comforting Li'l Bit. Give examples of this. Why do you think he wants to comfort Li'l Bit? Is it only because of his sexual feelings?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)