Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Big Papa with a broom?
2. As the lights dim, what announcement does "How I Learned to Drive" open with?
3. What time of day and season is it when the first scene begins?
4. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
5. What is Li'l Bit's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trick does Jerome play on Li'l Bit?
2. What purpose does the Greek Chorus serve in "How I Learned to Drive"?
3. Why does Li'l Bit not want to be called by that name any longer in the family dinner scene?
4. In the summer of 1962, Li'l Bit is trying to talk her mother into something. What is it?
5. How does the character of Li'l Bit introduce the first scene?
6. Describe Greg, the boy who asks Li'l Bit to dance.
7. Describe Peck's appearance and demeanor while doing dishes at the 1964 Christmas.
8. What three things does a married woman need to be able to use, according to Grandma?
9. Why does Li'l Bit tell Peck to stop being bad during the first scene?
10. What is Li'l Bit's plan to keep Peck from drinking?
In the first scene, who is behaving more as the adult and who is behaving more as the child? Show your reasoning.
Peck is described as having his own demons to deal with. What are these demons? Give examples of how he deals with them.
We learn that Peck has a drinking problem. Li'l Bit offers to meet with him once a week if he'll stop drinking. Does he stop drinking? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)