|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up?
2. How fast can Peck's favorite car go from 0 to 60?
3. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene?
4. Grandma calls her husband a big bull. The characters report that he wants sex how often?
5. Who tells Peck, "this isn't right," about what Peck and Li'l Bit are doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does a married woman need to be able to use, according to Grandma?
2. What is the mood of the two characters when Peck arrives for Li'l Bit's 18th birthday?
3. In the summer of 1962, Li'l Bit is trying to talk her mother into something. What is it?
4. Who is Li'l Bit's cousin and what is his name?
5. How does Li' Bit describe the male's love of cars?
6. How does Peck describe his childhood while fishing with Bobby?
7. Describe how Li'l Bit's family comes up with nicknames.
8. What views on women does Peck share with Li'l Bit as he does the dishes?
9. At age 11, can Li'l Bit actually drive?
10. How is Li'l Bit doing in college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the first scene, who is behaving more as the adult and who is behaving more as the child? Show your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Peck refers to his car as a "she". Explain his reasons for doing so and why you think that Li'l Bit does the same. Is this a practice you witness outside of this play? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Peck is often seen comforting Li'l Bit. Give examples of this. Why do you think he wants to comfort Li'l Bit? Is it only because of his sexual feelings?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)