|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taking Li'l Bit to the prom?
2. What does Grandma think is something that her daughters make up?
3. What play does the following line come from: "The quality of mercy is not strained"?
4. Who does Big Papa vote for?
5. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Big Papa describe his choice of Grandma for a bride.
2. What are Li'l Bit's conditions for the weekly meeting with her uncle?
3. What three things does a married woman need to be able to use, according to Grandma?
4. What does Vogel transition from the scene with the three females in the kitchen talking about sex, to Li'l Bit's first driving lesson.
5. Who is Li'l Bit's cousin and what is his name?
6. The last time Peck is seen alive, he is drinking at a bar after being rejected by Li'l Bit. Li'l Bit sums up the rest of his life at this point. What happens to Peck?
7. What does Peck pantomime in the first scene?
8. What gives the 35 year old Li'l Bit comfort and a feeling of freedom?
9. Why does Grandma want to scare Li'l Bit with talks of sex.
10. At age 11, can Li'l Bit actually drive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peck is described as having his own demons to deal with. What are these demons? Give examples of how he deals with them.
Essay Topic 2
Early in the play, Aunt Mary encourages Peck to talk to an upset Li'l Bit because he can handle her. Later, Aunt Mary tells the audience that Li'l Bit wraps Peck around her finger and is using him. Yet the first incident occurs when Li'l Bit is 17; the second is when Li'l Bit is 13. Explain these two different actions and perspectives from Aunt Mary.
Essay Topic 3
Li'l Bit and Peck are the two main characters. Use examples from the book of how other characters are represented. Why are all the other character represented by the Greek Chorus?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)