|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the location of the first setting?
2. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
3. What is Li'l Bit's mother's name?
4. How old is Grandma when she marries?
5. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Li'l Bit get her name?
2. What does Li'l Bit have to say about why she is kicked out of school in 1970?
3. Why are there only chairs used as props in "How I Learned to Drive"?
4. What views on women does Peck share with Li'l Bit as he does the dishes?
5. How does Aunt Mary view her niece?
6. What frightens Li'l Bit about the attention that Peck shows her when she moves away?
7. Li'l Bit leaves for college. What types of gifts does Peck send her?
8. Why does Li'l Bit describe herself as cynical in 1969?
9. What does Li'l Bit get upset about at the photo shoot?
10. What does Vogel transition from the scene with the three females in the kitchen talking about sex, to Li'l Bit's first driving lesson.
Essay Topic 1
"How I Learned to Drive" is also about empowerment. Cite examples of power and how it changes in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Li'l Bit's entire family appears dysfunctional. Explain how they are dysfunctional and what part this dysfunction plays in Li'l Bit's molestation.
Essay Topic 3
When Peck is teaching Li'l Bit how to drive, he is all seriousness. Why is that?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)