|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peck married to?
2. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
3. How old is Li'l Bit in the first scene?
4. How does Li'l Bit describe the soap in the ladies room of the restaurant?
5. What represents the car in the first scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Li'l Bit's cousin and what is his name?
2. Why is the mother concerned about her 11 year old daughter?
3. When Li'l Bit goes on the bus ride as an older woman, does she intend to seduce the young man who sits next to her on the bus?
4. Who is looking in at the sock hop, but not seen by the students?
5. If you didn't know the ages of Li'l Bit and Peck in the first scene, who acts more like the adult and who acts more like the child?
6. How do Peck and Li'l Bit define Peck being good?
7. What does Peck do that takes away Li'l Bit's anger during the photo shoot?
8. The last time Peck is seen alive, he is drinking at a bar after being rejected by Li'l Bit. Li'l Bit sums up the rest of his life at this point. What happens to Peck?
9. Describe how Li'l Bit's family comes up with nicknames.
10. Why does Grandma want to scare Li'l Bit with talks of sex.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, who do you feel the most compassion for? Explain your reasons.
Essay Topic 2
Peck is described as having his own demons to deal with. What are these demons? Give examples of how he deals with them.
Essay Topic 3
Li'l Bit's entire family appears dysfunctional. Explain how they are dysfunctional and what part this dysfunction plays in Li'l Bit's molestation.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)