|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peck compare Li'l Bit's breasts to?
2. What year does the typical family dinner take place?
3. What action causes Li'l Bit to comment on Peck's dexterity?
4. What is Peck's favorite car?
5. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Li'l Bit tell her grandfather happens to him when he dies?
2. What trick does Jerome play on Li'l Bit?
3. How does Aunt Mary view her niece?
4. Describe Greg, the boy who asks Li'l Bit to dance.
5. What does Peck pantomime in the first scene?
6. What is the mood of the two characters when Peck arrives for Li'l Bit's 18th birthday?
7. What three things does a married woman need to be able to use, according to Grandma?
8. When Li'l Bit goes on the bus ride as an older woman, does she intend to seduce the young man who sits next to her on the bus?
9. What does Li'l Bit get upset about at the photo shoot?
10. How does Peck describe his childhood while fishing with Bobby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peck refers to his car as a "she". Explain his reasons for doing so and why you think that Li'l Bit does the same. Is this a practice you witness outside of this play? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Cars and driving are an important theme in this play. Describe what cars and driving represent in "How I Learned to Drive", and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
In the first scene, who is behaving more as the adult and who is behaving more as the child? Show your reasoning.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)