|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Li'l Bit describe the soap in the ladies room of the restaurant?
2. According to Mother, when a lady drinks, she should never get what?
3. What action causes Li'l Bit to comment on Peck's dexterity?
4. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
5. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Li'l Bit say that Peck can be a brain surgeon?
2. At age 11, can Li'l Bit actually drive?
3. What does Li'l Bit have to say about why she is kicked out of school in 1970?
4. How does Big Papa describe his choice of Grandma for a bride.
5. What purpose does the music serve in "How I Learned to Drive"?
6. What does Peck pantomime in the first scene?
7. Describe Peck's appearance and demeanor while doing dishes at the 1964 Christmas.
8. Explain Peck's theory of "fire" and people.
9. What trick does Jerome play on Li'l Bit?
10. Who is Li'l Bit's cousin and what is his name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mother and Grandma have different attitudes about sex. Explain what they are and why they're so different.
Essay Topic 2
Give examples of the traditional sexual and gender roles and how they shift during the play.
Essay Topic 3
We learn that Peck has a drinking problem. Li'l Bit offers to meet with him once a week if he'll stop drinking. Does he stop drinking? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)