|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
2. What are Peck and Li'l Bit celebrating at the special 1968 dinner?
3. Who does Big Papa vote for?
4. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
5. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Li'l Bit's conditions for the weekly meeting with her uncle?
2. How do Peck and Li'l Bit define Peck being good?
3. Describe Peck's special place.
4. Li'l Bit leaves for college. What types of gifts does Peck send her?
5. Why does Peck refer to the car as a "she"?
6. Why does Li'l Bit say that Peck can be a brain surgeon?
7. At age 11, can Li'l Bit actually drive?
8. What does Li'l Bit get upset about at the photo shoot?
9. Who is Li'l Bit's cousin and what is his name?
10. What gives the 35 year old Li'l Bit comfort and a feeling of freedom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Typically a sexual molester is represented as pure evil, but Peck is often represented as a sympathetic character. Cite examples where he is shown in positive light. Describe your impressions of Peck.
Essay Topic 2
Give examples of the traditional sexual and gender roles and how they shift during the play.
Essay Topic 3
Peck is described as having his own demons to deal with. What are these demons? Give examples of how he deals with them.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)