Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
2. What are Peck and Li'l Bit celebrating at the special 1968 dinner?
3. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
4. How do people in Li'l Bit's family get nicknamed?
5. How fast can Peck's favorite car go from 0 to 60?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peck refer to the car as a "she"?
2. During the hotel room scene, what does Li'l Bit do with the champagne?
3. What does Li'l Bit tell her grandfather happens to him when he dies?
4. Why does Li'l Bit say that Peck can be a brain surgeon?
5. During the 1966 scene titled "The Anthropology of the Female Body in Ninth Grade", an occasional beeping is heard only by the reader and by Li'l Bit. What is the beeping.
6. Who is looking in at the sock hop, but not seen by the students?
7. Describe how Li'l Bit's family comes up with nicknames.
8. How does Li'l Bit try to discourage Peck?
9. Sum up "A Mother's Guide to Social Drinking".
10. If you didn't know the ages of Li'l Bit and Peck in the first scene, who acts more like the adult and who acts more like the child?
Essay Topic 1
Li'l Bit's entire family appears dysfunctional. Explain how they are dysfunctional and what part this dysfunction plays in Li'l Bit's molestation.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, who do you feel the most compassion for? Explain your reasons.
Essay Topic 3
"How I Learned to Drive" is also about empowerment. Cite examples of power and how it changes in the play.
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)