|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
2. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene?
3. Li'l Bit becomes embarrassed when family members talk and joke about her breasts. Who tries to change the subject?
4. Who says that Boy Scouts are horny?
5. What does the parking lot overlook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trick does Jerome play on Li'l Bit?
2. What is Li'l Bit's plan to keep Peck from drinking?
3. Describe the positioning on Li'l Bit and Peck in the first scene.
4. How is Li'l Bit doing in college?
5. Why does Peck refer to the car as a "she"?
6. Who is Li'l Bit's cousin and what is his name?
7. When Li'l Bit goes on the bus ride as an older woman, does she intend to seduce the young man who sits next to her on the bus?
8. Peck talks Li'l Bit into lying beside him in the bed, promising nothing happens. Li'l Bit agrees. How does this make her feel?
9. Describe Peck's special place.
10. Describe Aunt Mary's view of her husband.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Peck is teaching Li'l Bit how to drive, he is all seriousness. Why is that?
Essay Topic 2
Li'l Bit's breasts draw attention from family and classmates. Describe how this affects Li'l Bit, giving examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Peck is often seen comforting Li'l Bit. Give examples of this. Why do you think he wants to comfort Li'l Bit? Is it only because of his sexual feelings?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)