|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Li'l Bit in the first scene?
2. Li'l Bit tells Peck they have to go because what is happening the next morning?
3. Where does Li'l Bit receive her first driving lesson at?
4. Li'l Bit refers her first lesson as the "initiation into a boy's first love." What is this first love?
5. Who does Li'l Bit meet on the long bus ride to Upstate New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Li'l Bit doing in college?
2. How does Aunt Mary view her niece?
3. What does Li'l Bit get upset about at the photo shoot?
4. What does Peck pantomime in the first scene?
5. Sum up "A Mother's Guide to Social Drinking".
6. What is Peck's idea on the back roads to Carolina?
7. Is Li'l Bit worried about Peck at the Christmas dinner?
8. If you didn't know the ages of Li'l Bit and Peck in the first scene, who acts more like the adult and who acts more like the child?
9. During the hotel room scene, what does Li'l Bit do with the champagne?
10. How does Li'l Bit try to discourage Peck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
We learn that Peck has a drinking problem. Li'l Bit offers to meet with him once a week if he'll stop drinking. Does he stop drinking? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Peck is often seen comforting Li'l Bit. Give examples of this. Why do you think he wants to comfort Li'l Bit? Is it only because of his sexual feelings?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the play, who do you feel the most compassion for? Explain your reasons.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)