|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Planes taking off.
(d) An eclipse.
2. What play does the following line come from: "The quality of mercy is not strained"?
(b) Taming of the Shrew.
(c) Much Ado About Nothing.
(d) Merchant of Venice.
3. Where does Li'l Bit receive her first driving lesson at?
(a) In front of her house.
(b) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms parking lot.
(c) On rural Maryland roads.
(d) At her grandparent's house.
4. Where is the location of the first setting?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
5. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
(b) Herbal Essence shampoo.
(d) The outdoors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the mother, a married woman only needs a broom or a rolling pin. What does she prefer?
2. Why does Li'l Bit call Peck a good boy?
3. Who does Peck take fishing?
4. Peck encouraged Li'l Bit to have a drink. What does she order?
5. Why does Peck refer to the car as a she?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Li'l Bit tell Peck to stop being bad during the first scene?
2. What happens after Peck's surprising declaration to Li'l Bit at the end of the photo shoot?
3. What views on women does Peck share with Li'l Bit as he does the dishes?
4. Who is looking in at the sock hop, but not seen by the students?
5. How does Peck describe his childhood while fishing with Bobby?
6. What is Peck's idea on the back roads to Carolina?
7. Why is the mother concerned about her 11 year old daughter?
8. Is Li'l Bit worried about Peck at the Christmas dinner?
9. How does Aunt Mary view her niece?
10. What three things does a married woman need to be able to use, according to Grandma?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)