|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peck serve during the war?
(a) In Germany.
(b) Stays in the U.S.
(c) In the Pacific Theater.
(d) In France.
2. How does Li'l Bit hold the steering wheel?
(a) At the eight and two o'clock position.
(b) With one hand.
(c) At the nine and three o'clock position.
(d) With her knees.
3. Who is Peck married to?
(a) He's divorced.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) We never find out.
4. What time of day and season is it when the first scene begins?
(a) A warm summer evening.
(b) A stormy winter night.
(c) A windy spring day.
(d) A calm autumn afternoon.
5. Who says that Boy Scouts are horny?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(c) Lit's Bit's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Li'l Bit's mother's name?
2. What kind of car does Li'l Bit drive around in during the Nixon recession?
3. How old is Li'l Bit in the first scene?
4. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
5. Who is sixteen before realizing that pedophilia does not mean people who like to ride bicycles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What purpose does the Greek Chorus serve in "How I Learned to Drive"?
2. Describe Big Papa.
3. If you didn't know the ages of Li'l Bit and Peck in the first scene, who acts more like the adult and who acts more like the child?
4. What frightens Li'l Bit about the attention that Peck shows her when she moves away?
5. Describe how Li'l Bit's family comes up with nicknames.
6. Describe Aunt Mary's view of her husband.
7. Why is the mother concerned about her 11 year old daughter?
8. What is Li'l Bit's plan to keep Peck from drinking?
9. In the summer of 1962, Li'l Bit is trying to talk her mother into something. What is it?
10. How does Li' Bit describe the male's love of cars?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)