|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the parking lot overlook?
(a) The Department of Agriculture office.
(b) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms.
(c) Li'l Bit's school.
(d) Peck's home.
2. How old is Li'l Bit in the first scene?
3. What type of car do Li'l Bit and Peck sit in during the first scene?
(a) Cadillac El Dorado.
(b) Oldsmobile Cutlass.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) Buick Riviera.
4. What does Peck compare Li'l Bit's breasts to?
(a) Two moons.
(b) Cathedrals of Europe.
5. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
(a) Li'l Bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sixteen before realizing that pedophilia does not mean people who like to ride bicycles?
2. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up?
3. As the lights dim, what announcement does "How I Learned to Drive" open with?
4. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
5. Who is waiting for Big Papa with a broom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Grandma marries Big Papa as a child bride at age fourteen. What does she still believe in?
2. How does Li'l Bit try to discourage Peck?
3. How does Li' Bit describe the male's love of cars?
4. Describe Peck's special place.
5. Why does Li'l Bit tell Peck to stop being bad during the first scene?
6. How does Peck describe his childhood while fishing with Bobby?
7. Describe the positioning on Li'l Bit and Peck in the first scene.
8. How does Aunt Mary view her niece?
9. Describe Peck's appearance and demeanor while doing dishes at the 1964 Christmas.
10. What is Peck's idea on the back roads to Carolina?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)