|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
(a) A fancy restaurant in Baltimore.
(b) An inn on the Eastern shore.
(c) An elegant New York restaurant.
(d) At his home.
2. What are Peck and Li'l Bit celebrating at the special 1968 dinner?
(a) Her first job.
(b) Graduating from high school.
(c) Getting a scholarship to college.
(d) Getting her driver's license.
3. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
(c) Big Bobby.
4. How do people in Li'l Bit's family get nicknamed?
(a) By the grandfather.
(b) For their genitalia.
(c) For their dominating characteristic.
(d) By the grandmother.
5. How fast can Peck's favorite car go from 0 to 60?
(a) 8.9 seconds.
(b) 7.8 seconds.
(c) 9.6 seconds
(d) 10.2 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
2. Who is the nearest thing to a son to Peck?
3. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
4. How old is Grandma when she marries?
5. Peck encouraged Li'l Bit to have a drink. What does she order?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peck refer to the car as a "she"?
2. During the hotel room scene, what does Li'l Bit do with the champagne?
3. What does Li'l Bit tell her grandfather happens to him when he dies?
4. Why does Li'l Bit say that Peck can be a brain surgeon?
5. During the 1966 scene titled "The Anthropology of the Female Body in Ninth Grade", an occasional beeping is heard only by the reader and by Li'l Bit. What is the beeping.
6. Who is looking in at the sock hop, but not seen by the students?
7. Describe how Li'l Bit's family comes up with nicknames.
8. How does Li'l Bit try to discourage Peck?
9. Sum up "A Mother's Guide to Social Drinking".
10. If you didn't know the ages of Li'l Bit and Peck in the first scene, who acts more like the adult and who acts more like the child?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)