|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the restaurant that Li'l Bit and Peck are dining at been open?
(a) 1 year.
(b) Since the 1700s.
(c) Since the 17th century.
(d) 100 years.
2. What is Peck's favorite car?
(a) '58 Rambler.
(b) '56 Bel Air Sports Coupe.
(c) '60 Corvette.
(d) '55 Bel Air.
3. What is the suggested music when Peck molests Li'l Bit in the first scene?
(a) Nursery rhyme songs.
(b) Sacred music.
(c) Beach music.
(d) Rock and roll.
4. What does Peck compare Li'l Bit's breasts to?
(c) Cathedrals of Europe.
(d) Two moons.
5. What time of day and season is it when the first scene begins?
(a) A warm summer evening.
(b) A calm autumn afternoon.
(c) A stormy winter night.
(d) A windy spring day.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Peck, how are men taught to drive?
2. Grandma calls her husband a big bull. The characters report that he wants sex how often?
3. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
4. What does the parking lot overlook?
5. What is the Li'l Bit's family eating at the family dinner scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peck describe his childhood while fishing with Bobby?
2. Why are there only chairs used as props in "How I Learned to Drive"?
3. Sum up "A Mother's Guide to Social Drinking".
4. What is Li'l Bit's plan to keep Peck from drinking?
5. Describe Big Papa.
6. Why does Li'l Bit tell Peck to stop being bad during the first scene?
7. What does Li'l Bit have to say about why she is kicked out of school in 1970?
8. Why does Peck refer to the car as a "she"?
9. What does Vogel transition from the scene with the three females in the kitchen talking about sex, to Li'l Bit's first driving lesson.
10. During the 1966 scene titled "The Anthropology of the Female Body in Ninth Grade", an occasional beeping is heard only by the reader and by Li'l Bit. What is the beeping.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)