|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peck says that Li'l Bit knows the car inside and out in what length of time?
(a) Five days.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Six weekends.
2. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
(a) Small Asian woman reading a book.
(b) Beautiful black woman in a long white robe.
(c) Angry white woman in a long black robe.
(d) Fat man who no sense of humor.
3. What kind of work does Li'l Bit do when she cannot find it?
(a) Racing cars.
(b) Working in a liquor store.
(c) Factory jobs.
(d) She refuses to work.
4. What type of car do Li'l Bit and Peck sit in during the first scene?
(a) Buick Riviera.
(b) Cadillac El Dorado.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) Oldsmobile Cutlass.
5. Li'l Bit tells Peck they have to go because what is happening the next morning?
(a) Wedding rehearsal.
(b) Graduation rehearsal.
(c) She's leaving for college.
(d) Finals at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
2. Which of the Greek chorus speak for Grandmother?
3. What does the night of the first scene make a middle-aged man with a mortgage feel like?
4. In the first scene, what road is less than a mile away?
5. What represents the car in the first scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peck's special place.
2. Why is the mother concerned about her 11 year old daughter?
3. Sum up "A Mother's Guide to Social Drinking".
4. How does Peck position Li'l Bit for her first driving lesson?
5. What is Peck's idea on the back roads to Carolina?
6. Why does Grandma want to scare Li'l Bit with talks of sex.
7. What does Vogel transition from the scene with the three females in the kitchen talking about sex, to Li'l Bit's first driving lesson.
8. How does Peck describe his childhood while fishing with Bobby?
9. When Li'l Bit goes on the bus ride as an older woman, does she intend to seduce the young man who sits next to her on the bus?
10. Explain Peck's theory of "fire" and people.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)