|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
(b) Herbal Essence shampoo.
(c) Cigarette smoke.
(d) The outdoors.
2. What kind of car does Li'l Bit drive around in during the Nixon recession?
(a) 1965 Mustang.
(b) 1968 VW Beetle.
(c) 1960 coupe.
(d) 1969 Corvette.
3. What state does Peck leave?
(c) South Carolina.
4. What represents the car in the first scene?
(a) Two chairs facing forward.
(b) Two people standing with knees bent.
(c) A car windshield.
(d) A cardboard cutout that looks like a car.
5. According to Peck, how are men taught to drive?
(a) With careful attention to details.
(b) With confidence.
(c) With speed.
(d) With daring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Li'l Bit's mother's name?
2. What age is Li'l Bit when she first tells the audience about her family?
3. Why does Li'l Bit call Peck a good boy?
4. Who tells Peck, "this isn't right," about what Peck and Li'l Bit are doing?
5. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does a married woman need to be able to use, according to Grandma?
2. Li'l Bit leaves for college. What types of gifts does Peck send her?
3. How does the character of Li'l Bit introduce the first scene?
4. Is Li'l Bit worried about Peck at the Christmas dinner?
5. Who is looking in at the sock hop, but not seen by the students?
6. Why does Li'l Bit not want to be called by that name any longer in the family dinner scene?
7. What is Li'l Bit's plan to keep Peck from drinking?
8. What purpose does the Greek Chorus serve in "How I Learned to Drive"?
9. How does Peck position Li'l Bit for her first driving lesson?
10. If you didn't know the ages of Li'l Bit and Peck in the first scene, who acts more like the adult and who acts more like the child?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)