|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Li'l Bit receive her first driving lesson at?
(a) At her grandparent's house.
(b) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms parking lot.
(c) On rural Maryland roads.
(d) In front of her house.
2. Who does Peck take fishing?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(b) Big Papa.
(c) His wife.
3. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
(b) Big Bobby.
4. According to Peck, how are women taught to drive?
(a) With aggression.
(b) With politeness.
(c) With confidence.
(d) With daring.
5. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
(a) At his home.
(b) An inn on the Eastern shore.
(c) An elegant New York restaurant.
(d) A fancy restaurant in Baltimore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Li'l Bit's family eating at the family dinner scene?
2. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up?
3. Grandma calls her husband a big bull. The characters report that he wants sex how often?
4. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
5. Why does Li'l Bit call Peck a good boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Li'l Bit try to discourage Peck?
2. Is Li'l Bit worried about Peck at the Christmas dinner?
3. What purpose does the music serve in "How I Learned to Drive"?
4. How does Li'l Bit get her name?
5. Describe how Li'l Bit's family comes up with nicknames.
6. Describe Peck's appearance and demeanor while doing dishes at the 1964 Christmas.
7. What are Li'l Bit's conditions for the weekly meeting with her uncle?
8. During the hotel room scene, what does Li'l Bit do with the champagne?
9. Describe Peck's special place.
10. What does Peck do that takes away Li'l Bit's anger during the photo shoot?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)