|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the mother, a married woman only needs a broom or a rolling pin. What does she prefer?
(b) Cast-iron fry pan.
(d) Rolling pin.
2. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene?
(a) The driver's education film.
(b) Li'l Bit's voice.
(c) A revving car.
(d) The sound of a far away train.
3. What is Li'l Bit's mother's name?
(b) We never learn it.
(c) The titless wonder.
4. Who is the nearest thing to a son to Peck?
(c) Li'l Bit.
5. What play does the following line come from: "The quality of mercy is not strained"?
(a) Much Ado About Nothing.
(b) Merchant of Venice.
(d) Taming of the Shrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
2. Who is taking Li'l Bit to the prom?
3. Where does Peck serve during the war?
4. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
5. What happens when the Greek chorus unfreezes after the argument as the mother and grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does a married woman need to be able to use, according to Grandma?
2. What does Peck pantomime in the first scene?
3. What does Li'l Bit have to say about pedophilia?
4. How does Li'l Bit try to discourage Peck?
5. During the hotel room scene, what does Li'l Bit do with the champagne?
6. Is Li'l Bit worried about Peck at the Christmas dinner?
7. Grandma marries Big Papa as a child bride at age fourteen. What does she still believe in?
8. What does Li'l Bit get upset about at the photo shoot?
9. Why does Li'l Bit describe herself as cynical in 1969?
10. What views on women does Peck share with Li'l Bit as he does the dishes?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)