|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene, what road is less than a mile away?
(a) U.S. One.
(b) Highway 20.
(c) Route 66.
(d) Farm road 142.
2. What are Peck and Li'l Bit celebrating at the special 1968 dinner?
(a) Graduating from high school.
(b) Her first job.
(c) Getting a scholarship to college.
(d) Getting her driver's license.
3. Who or what is Li'l Bit's constant companion in her dorm room?
(b) Rich man's daughter.
(c) Canadian V.O.
4. What does Peck say that he lives all week for?
(a) Molesting his niece.
(b) A drink on the weekend.
(c) Driving in the country.
(d) A few minutes with Li'l Bit.
5. According to Peck, how are men taught to drive?
(a) With speed.
(b) With careful attention to details.
(c) With daring.
(d) With confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Peck, "this isn't right," about what Peck and Li'l Bit are doing?
2. Li'l Bit refers her first lesson as the "initiation into a boy's first love." What is this first love?
3. Where does Peck want Li'l Bit's attention during her driving lesson?
4. Who is waiting for Big Papa with a broom?
5. Who does Li'l Bit meet on the long bus ride to Upstate New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Li'l Bit have to say about why she is kicked out of school in 1970?
2. How is Li'l Bit doing in college?
3. In the summer of 1962, Li'l Bit is trying to talk her mother into something. What is it?
4. Describe the waiter's response to Peck in the restaurant in 1968.
5. What is the mood of the two characters when Peck arrives for Li'l Bit's 18th birthday?
6. Describe Big Papa.
7. Who is looking in at the sock hop, but not seen by the students?
8. How does Li'l Bit try to discourage Peck?
9. How does Peck describe his childhood while fishing with Bobby?
10. What does Li'l Bit get upset about at the photo shoot?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)