|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Greek chorus unfreezes after the argument as the mother and grandmother?
(a) They begin singing in harmony.
(b) They begin dancing.
(c) They begin arguing.
(d) They leave the stage.
2. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up?
3. What represents the car in the first scene?
(a) A cardboard cutout that looks like a car.
(b) Two people standing with knees bent.
(c) Two chairs facing forward.
(d) A car windshield.
4. What happens to Li'l Bit when the Driver's Education film talks about Vehicle Failure?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is being molested.
(d) The car she is driving stops working.
5. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
(a) Idling in the Neutral Gear.
(b) Driving in Second Gear.
(c) Driving in Reverse.
(d) Driving in First Gear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Big Papa vote for?
2. Who participates in the scene with three generations at the kitchen table?
3. Who does Li'l Bit meet on the long bus ride to Upstate New York?
4. What is the Li'l Bit's family eating at the family dinner scene?
5. Who does Peck take fishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gives the 35 year old Li'l Bit comfort and a feeling of freedom?
2. Why does Li'l Bit not want to be called by that name any longer in the family dinner scene?
3. How is Li'l Bit doing in college?
4. How does Li'l Bit get her name?
5. During the 1966 scene titled "The Anthropology of the Female Body in Ninth Grade", an occasional beeping is heard only by the reader and by Li'l Bit. What is the beeping.
6. Describe the waiter's response to Peck in the restaurant in 1968.
7. Why does Li'l Bit say that Peck can be a brain surgeon?
8. Why does Li'l Bit tell Peck to stop being bad during the first scene?
9. Is Li'l Bit worried about Peck at the Christmas dinner?
10. What trick does Jerome play on Li'l Bit?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)