|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mentions a gumbo of red and brown mixed into the cream of his skin?
(a) Female Greek Chorus.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) Male Greek Chorus.
(d) Li'l Bit.
2. 1960s Motown music takes the reader between which two scenes?
(a) Shower to the Sock Hop.
(b) Shower to talking with Peck in the car.
(c) Home to school.
(d) School hallway to driving with Peck.
3. Peck believes that Li'l Bit's fire is where?
(a) In her heart.
(b) In her head.
(c) In her belly.
(d) In her soul.
4. Li'l Bit is angry at Peck for sending the gifts. Why?
(a) She doesn't want anyone to know about the relationship.
(b) She wants to be left alone.
(c) They are too expensive.
(d) He is counting down to her 18th birthday.
5. How much is the bet that the classmates have about Li'l Bit?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
6. What kind of champagne does Peck buy to celebrate Li'l Bit's 18th birthday?
(a) Perrier Jonet.
(b) Veuve Clicquot.
(c) Cauvignon Blanc.
7. How long does it take Peck to drink himself to death?
(a) Five years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
8. When the boy who asks Li'l Bit to dance is standing, where is his head level to?
(a) He looks over Li'l Bit's head.
(b) Li'l Bit's nose.
(c) Li'l Bit's shoulders.
(d) Li'l's Bit's chest.
9. How does Aunt Mary know that her husband is having a spell?
(a) He has bad dreams.
(b) He become a different person.
(c) He hangs around her until it passes.
(d) He cries.
10. Who does Li'l Bit not want knowing about her weekly meetings with Peck?
(a) Her mother and Aunt Mary.
(b) The kids at school.
(c) Her teachers.
(d) Her grandparents.
11. What boy fakes a fainting attack in order to get close to Li'l Bit?
12. According to his wife, Peck has troubles due to what?
(a) Fighting in World War II.
(b) Child molestation.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
(d) His job.
13. What does the boy, who asks Li'l Bit to dance, grow up to be?
(a) A race car driver.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A truck driver.
(d) A gynecologist.
14. What musical instrument is not described as a secret?
15. Where is Peck's fire?
(a) In his heart.
(b) In his soul.
(c) In his head.
(d) In his belly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peck wear while he's doing the dishes after the holiday dinner?
2. According to Peck, writers have a fire where?
3. Throughout the dance scene, there is a strange beeping sound that only Li'l Bit can hear. Where is it coming from?
4. How does Peck explain why he drinks?
5. What does Li'l Bit stop herself from doing before announcing that it's time for her to leave the hotel room?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)