|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Li'l Bit writes to Peck in 1969 and tells him not to visit her. What date does this happen?
(a) December 5.
(b) November 23.
(c) November 25.
(d) November 16.
2. How does Peck explain why he drinks?
(a) Alcohol helps him sleep at night.
(b) Alcohol helps his marriage.
(c) He has a disease.
(d) Sometimes it helps the fire within.
3. According to Peck, people who work on Wall Street have a fire where?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the belly.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the soul.
4. What kind of champagne does Peck buy to celebrate Li'l Bit's 18th birthday?
(a) Cauvignon Blanc.
(b) Veuve Clicquot.
(c) Perrier Jonet.
5. Where is Peck's fire?
(a) In his heart.
(b) In his soul.
(c) In his head.
(d) In his belly.
6. What does Peck do before Li'l Bit leaves the hotel room?
(a) He encourages her to drink more champagne.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He insists on setting another time to get together.
7. What does Aunt Mary do when Peck is having a spell?
(a) Keeps up light banter.
(b) Tries to talk to him about his problems.
(c) Talks to him about getting help.
(d) Tells him to quit being silly.
8. How much is the bet that the classmates have about Li'l Bit?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
9. Who is Aunt Mary talking to when she talks about her husband after the photography session?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A neighbor.
10. The entire neighborhood borrows Peck, according to who?
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Li'l Bit.
11. What smells does Li'l Bit describe to the audience after leaving the dance?
(a) Tobacco, WD-40, and Bay Rum.
(b) Beer, cigarettes, and musky odors.
(c) Whisky, marijuana, and Brut.
(d) Scotch, cigars, and Old Spice.
12. How long does it take Peck to drink himself to death?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) One year.
13. Who watches Li'l Bit with her classmates at the dance from outside of the scene?
(a) Big Papa.
14. What news does Li'l Bit break to Peck in the hotel room?
(a) That she moves out of the dorms.
(b) That she is moving far away.
(c) That she doesn't want to see him any more.
(d) That she is in love with someone else.
15. What does Aunt Mary buy Peck for Christmas in 1964?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aunt Mary when Li'l Bit is in the basement with Peck?
2. How old is Li'l Bit during the dishwashing scene?
3. When the boy who asks Li'l Bit to dance is standing, where is his head level to?
4. When does the scene of Peck doing the dishes occur?
5. According to his wife, Peck has troubles due to what?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)