|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Li'l Bit propose to draw the line in meeting with Peck weekly?
(a) By telling her mother where she's going.
(b) Only meeting with him in public.
(c) Keeping a certain distance from each other.
(d) Bring friends with her.
2. What does Peck convince Li'l Bit to do after they finish the champagne?
(a) Lie down next to him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Spend the night with him in the hotel.
(d) Go driving.
3. Where is Peck's fire?
(a) In his heart.
(b) In his belly.
(c) In his soul.
(d) In his head.
4. What kind of car does Peck say that he bought for Li'l Bit?
(a) Cadillac El Dorado.
(b) Oldsmobile Cutlass.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) Buick Regal.
5. What news does Li'l Bit break to Peck in the hotel room?
(a) That she doesn't want to see him any more.
(b) That she moves out of the dorms.
(c) That she is moving far away.
(d) That she is in love with someone else.
6. What kind of champagne does Peck buy to celebrate Li'l Bit's 18th birthday?
(a) Cauvignon Blanc.
(b) Perrier Jonet.
(d) Veuve Clicquot.
7. How many times is Li'l Bit asked to dance at the sock hop?
8. What does Peck keep in his basement?
(a) His camera equipment.
(b) A bed.
(c) A workshop.
(d) A television.
9. How long does it take Peck to drink himself to death?
(a) One year.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
10. What year is the scene in the basement?
11. What does Aunt Mary do when Peck is having a spell?
(a) Tries to talk to him about his problems.
(b) Tells him to quit being silly.
(c) Keeps up light banter.
(d) Talks to him about getting help.
12. Who want a curl of Elvis on the forehead?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) Teen Greek Chorus.
(c) Li'l Bit.
(d) Female Greek Chorus.
13. Li'l Bit is angry at Peck for sending the gifts. Why?
(a) He is counting down to her 18th birthday.
(b) She wants to be left alone.
(c) She doesn't want anyone to know about the relationship.
(d) They are too expensive.
14. The entire neighborhood borrows Peck, according to who?
(c) Li'l Bit.
(d) Aunt Mary.
15. Aunt Mary is counting the days until what happens?
(a) She and her husband move to Florida.
(b) Peck retires.
(c) Li'l Bit leaves for college.
(d) She can quit her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. 1960s Motown music takes the reader between which two scenes?
2. What does Aunt Mary plan to do when Peck comes home and sits beside her on the couch in the evening?
3. Who asks Li'l Bit to dance at the sock hop?
4. How much is the bet that the classmates have about Li'l Bit?
5. According to Peck, people who work on Wall Street have a fire where?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)