|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Peck, writers have a fire where?
(a) In the belly.
(b) In the soul.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the heart.
2. In 1966, what year of school is Li'l Bit in?
3. What does Peck start to drink when Li'l Bit starts with the champagne?
(b) Ginger ale.
(d) Club soda.
4. As she drinks champagne, what does Li'l Bit confess to being worried about?
(a) Flunking out of school.
(b) Being pregnant.
(c) Being in love.
(d) A problem with alcohol.
5. What kind of jokes does Li'l Bit discuss when talking with to the other girls at the dance?
(a) Mary Jane jokes.
(c) Knock knock jokes.
(d) Dirty jokes.
6. Where is Aunt Mary when Li'l Bit is in the basement with Peck?
(a) At her parent's home.
(b) National Theatre matinee.
(c) At work.
7. 1960s Motown music takes the reader between which two scenes?
(a) Shower to the Sock Hop.
(b) Shower to talking with Peck in the car.
(c) Home to school.
(d) School hallway to driving with Peck.
8. What does Peck keep in his basement?
(a) A television.
(b) His camera equipment.
(c) A workshop.
(d) A bed.
9. What does Peck wear while he's doing the dishes after the holiday dinner?
(a) Nice shirt and pants with apron.
(b) Suit without the tie.
(c) Casual clothing.
(d) Suit, tie, nice pants, apron.
10. How many gifts does Peck mail to Li'l Bit after she leaves in 1969?
11. A tape cassette is sent to Li'l Bit on September 3, 1969. Where is she?
(a) Living with her grandparents.
(b) At home.
(c) At college.
(d) Working and living in Boston.
12. Who is in the Philadelphia hotel room?
(a) Peck and Aunt Mary.
(b) Peck and Li'l Bit.
(c) Li'l Bit and a boyfriend.
(d) Just Li'l Bit.
13. When is the last time that Li'l Bit and Peck see each other?
(a) In the hotel room.
(b) Driving together.
(c) At home one Thanksgiving.
(d) At home one Christmas.
14. How old is Li'l Bit during the dishwashing scene?
15. How old is Peck in the hotel room scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the boy who asks Li'l Bit to dance is standing, where is his head level to?
2. Li'l Bit writes to Peck in 1969 and tells him not to visit her. What date does this happen?
3. What does Aunt Mary buy Peck for Christmas in 1964?
4. What does Peck do before Li'l Bit leaves the hotel room?
5. Throughout the dance scene, there is a strange beeping sound that only Li'l Bit can hear. Where is it coming from?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)