|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Mary do when Peck is having a spell?
(a) Tells him to quit being silly.
(b) Talks to him about getting help.
(c) Tries to talk to him about his problems.
(d) Keeps up light banter.
2. Aunt Mary is counting the days until what happens?
(a) Peck retires.
(b) Li'l Bit leaves for college.
(c) She can quit her job.
(d) She and her husband move to Florida.
3. In 1966, what year of school is Li'l Bit in?
4. Who is Aunt Mary talking to when she talks about her husband after the photography session?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A neighbor.
(d) Her sister.
5. What kind of car does Peck say that he bought for Li'l Bit?
(a) Ford Mustang.
(b) Cadillac El Dorado.
(c) Oldsmobile Cutlass.
(d) Buick Regal.
6. Where is Aunt Mary when Li'l Bit is in the basement with Peck?
(a) At her parent's home.
(b) At work.
(d) National Theatre matinee.
7. What does the boy who fakes the fainting attack announce after he grabs Li'l Bit?
(a) Foam Rubber.
(b) That he loves her.
(d) The real deal.
8. Who portrays Aunt Mary throughout the play?
(a) Male Greek Chorus.
(b) Teen Greek Chorus.
(c) Female Greek Chorus.
(d) The actor who portrays the grandmother too.
9. What year is the scene in the basement?
10. How does Peck explain why he drinks?
(a) Sometimes it helps the fire within.
(b) He has a disease.
(c) Alcohol helps his marriage.
(d) Alcohol helps him sleep at night.
11. Who want a curl of Elvis on the forehead?
(a) Female Greek Chorus.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) Teen Greek Chorus.
(d) Li'l Bit.
12. When the boy who asks Li'l Bit to dance is standing, where is his head level to?
(a) Li'l Bit's nose.
(b) Li'l's Bit's chest.
(c) Li'l Bit's shoulders.
(d) He looks over Li'l Bit's head.
13. A slide montage is seen during the basement scene. What do the photos show?
(d) Naked women only.
14. According to Peck, writers have a fire where?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the soul.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the belly.
15. Li'l Bit is angry at Peck for sending the gifts. Why?
(a) She wants to be left alone.
(b) She doesn't want anyone to know about the relationship.
(c) He is counting down to her 18th birthday.
(d) They are too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument is not described as a secret?
2. What time does Li'l Bit get out of school?
3. What does Peck keep in his basement?
4. What does Li'l Bit tell Peck that she's drawn a line against in the basement?
5. What does Peck convince Li'l Bit to do after they finish the champagne?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)