|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Li'l Bit describe the soap in the ladies room of the restaurant?
(b) Nice smelling.
(c) Shaped like shells.
(d) Shaped like fish.
2. Who or what is Li'l Bit's constant companion in her dorm room?
(c) Rich man's daughter.
(d) Canadian V.O.
3. What happens when the Greek chorus unfreezes after the argument as the mother and grandmother?
(a) They begin dancing.
(b) They leave the stage.
(c) They begin arguing.
(d) They begin singing in harmony.
4. Li'l Bit tells Peck they have to go because what is happening the next morning?
(a) Wedding rehearsal.
(b) She's leaving for college.
(c) Finals at school.
(d) Graduation rehearsal.
5. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
(a) An elegant New York restaurant.
(b) At his home.
(c) An inn on the Eastern shore.
(d) A fancy restaurant in Baltimore.
6. Grandma calls her husband a big bull. The characters report that he wants sex how often?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Three times a week.
7. Who says that Boy Scouts are horny?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(c) Lit's Bit's mother.
8. Where is the location of the first setting?
(a) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
9. Who does Peck take fishing?
(a) Big Papa.
(c) Li'l Bit.
(d) His wife.
10. Who is taking Li'l Bit to the prom?
(c) No one; she's not going to prom.
11. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Planes taking off.
(d) An eclipse.
12. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
(a) Small Asian woman reading a book.
(b) Angry white woman in a long black robe.
(c) Beautiful black woman in a long white robe.
(d) Fat man who no sense of humor.
13. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
(a) Uncle Peck.
(b) Big Papa.
(d) Aunt Mary.
14. When Peck leaves a drunk and sleeping Li'l Bit in the car, what music is playing?
(a) Wagner's "Flying Dutchman".
(b) The Beach Boys' "You're Sixteen".
(c) Gary Pucket and the Union Gaps "This Girl is a Woman Now".
(d) Roy Orbison's "Dream Baby".
15. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
(a) Whether sex for the first time hurts.
(b) What age she should be for sex.
(c) Whether they like sex.
(d) Whether she should have sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with Li'l Bit at school in 1970?
2. Who participates in the scene with three generations at the kitchen table?
3. What play does the following line come from: "The quality of mercy is not strained"?
4. What is the suggested music when Peck molests Li'l Bit in the first scene?
5. What does the parking lot overlook?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)