|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Li'l Bit call Peck a good boy?
(a) For helping out at home.
(b) For not trying to molest her.
(c) For letting her drive the car.
(d) For not drinking alcohol all week.
2. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
(d) Li'l Bit.
3. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
(a) Driving in Reverse.
(b) Driving in Second Gear.
(c) Driving in First Gear.
(d) Idling in the Neutral Gear.
4. According to the mother, a married woman only needs a broom or a rolling pin. What does she prefer?
(a) Cast-iron fry pan.
(c) Rolling pin.
5. Who does Peck take fishing?
(b) Li'l Bit.
(c) Big Papa.
(d) His wife.
6. According to Peck, how are women taught to drive?
(a) With confidence.
(b) With politeness.
(c) With daring.
(d) With aggression.
7. Grandma calls her husband a big bull. The characters report that he wants sex how often?
(a) Three times a week.
(b) Three times a day.
8. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
(b) Uncle Peck.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Big Papa.
9. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up?
10. What does the night of the first scene make a middle-aged man with a mortgage feel like?
(a) A frisky young man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A country boy.
(d) A kid.
11. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
(a) Whether they like sex.
(b) What age she should be for sex.
(c) Whether she should have sex.
(d) Whether sex for the first time hurts.
12. Who is Peck married to?
(a) He's divorced.
(c) We never find out.
(d) Aunt Mary.
13. What time of day and season is it when the first scene begins?
(a) A calm autumn afternoon.
(b) A stormy winter night.
(c) A warm summer evening.
(d) A windy spring day.
14. Who does Big Papa vote for?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
15. Li'l Bit refers her first lesson as the "initiation into a boy's first love." What is this first love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the nearest thing to a son to Peck?
2. Li'l Bit becomes embarrassed when family members talk and joke about her breasts. Who tries to change the subject?
3. What does Peck compare Li'l Bit's breasts to?
4. What happens with Li'l Bit at school in 1970?
5. What does the parking lot overlook?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)