|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the typical family dinner take place?
2. Who does Big Papa vote for?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
3. What is Li'l Bit's mother's name?
(a) We never learn it.
(c) The titless wonder.
4. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
(a) Planes taking off.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) The Civil War.
5. According to Peck, how are men taught to drive?
(a) With speed.
(b) With confidence.
(c) With daring.
(d) With careful attention to details.
6. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
(b) Big Bobby.
7. Li'l Bit refers her first lesson as the "initiation into a boy's first love." What is this first love?
8. Who is waiting for Big Papa with a broom?
(b) Li'l Bit.
(c) Aunt Lily.
9. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
(a) Whether she should have sex.
(b) What age she should be for sex.
(c) Whether they like sex.
(d) Whether sex for the first time hurts.
10. What is serious business to Peck?
(a) Serving in the military.
(b) Spending time with Li'l Bit.
(c) Having sex.
(d) Driving a car.
11. What age is Li'l Bit when she first tells the audience about her family?
(a) An adult.
12. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
(a) An elegant New York restaurant.
(b) At his home.
(c) An inn on the Eastern shore.
(d) A fancy restaurant in Baltimore.
13. What does Peck recommend for dinner at the fancy restaurant on the Eastern Shore?
(a) A dozen oysters and the crab imperial.
(c) Seafood platter.
14. Why does Peck refer to the car as a she?
(a) Because it's beautiful.
(b) Because it responds to his touch.
(c) Because he's controlling it.
15. What does the parking lot overlook?
(a) Peck's home.
(b) The Department of Agriculture office.
(c) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms.
(d) Li'l Bit's school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gender does Li'l Bit decide to use when referring to the car?
2. Who does Li'l Bit meet on the long bus ride to Upstate New York?
3. Who does Peck take fishing?
4. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene?
5. Who is Peck married to?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)