|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Peck, how are women taught to drive?
(a) With confidence.
(b) With politeness.
(c) With aggression.
(d) With daring.
2. What happens with Li'l Bit at school in 1970?
(a) She fails her classes.
(b) She makes honor roll.
(c) She quits school.
(d) She is kicked out.
3. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Planes taking off.
(c) An eclipse.
4. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
(a) Whether they like sex.
(b) What age she should be for sex.
(c) Whether sex for the first time hurts.
(d) Whether she should have sex.
5. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up?
6. What play does the following line come from: "The quality of mercy is not strained"?
(a) Merchant of Venice.
(c) Much Ado About Nothing.
(d) Taming of the Shrew.
7. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
(a) Li'l Bit.
8. How do people in Li'l Bit's family get nicknamed?
(a) By the grandfather.
(b) By the grandmother.
(c) For their dominating characteristic.
(d) For their genitalia.
9. What is Peck's favorite car?
(a) '58 Rambler.
(b) '60 Corvette.
(c) '55 Bel Air.
(d) '56 Bel Air Sports Coupe.
10. What is serious business to Peck?
(a) Driving a car.
(b) Having sex.
(c) Spending time with Li'l Bit.
(d) Serving in the military.
11. Who is taking Li'l Bit to the prom?
(c) No one; she's not going to prom.
12. Peck encouraged Li'l Bit to have a drink. What does she order?
(b) Gin and tonic.
(c) Dead Man Screw.
13. What state does Peck leave?
(d) South Carolina.
14. Li'l Bit refers her first lesson as the "initiation into a boy's first love." What is this first love?
15. What time of day and season is it when the first scene begins?
(a) A windy spring day.
(b) A stormy winter night.
(c) A warm summer evening.
(d) A calm autumn afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peck married to?
2. Who does Li'l Bit meet on the long bus ride to Upstate New York?
3. In the first scene, what road is less than a mile away?
4. The male Greek chorus interacts with Peck and Li'l Bit in what way during their special dinner?
5. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)