Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
(a) A fancy restaurant in Baltimore.
(b) An inn on the Eastern shore.
(c) An elegant New York restaurant.
(d) At his home.
2. What are Peck and Li'l Bit celebrating at the special 1968 dinner?
(a) Her first job.
(b) Graduating from high school.
(c) Getting a scholarship to college.
(d) Getting her driver's license.
3. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
(c) Big Bobby.
4. How do people in Li'l Bit's family get nicknamed?
(a) By the grandfather.
(b) For their genitalia.
(c) For their dominating characteristic.
(d) By the grandmother.
5. How fast can Peck's favorite car go from 0 to 60?
(a) 8.9 seconds.
(b) 7.8 seconds.
(c) 9.6 seconds
(d) 10.2 seconds.
6. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
(a) Beautiful black woman in a long white robe.
(b) Angry white woman in a long black robe.
(c) Small Asian woman reading a book.
(d) Fat man who no sense of humor.
7. Who is the nearest thing to a son to Peck?
(b) Li'l Bit.
8. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
(a) Big Papa.
(b) Uncle Peck.
(c) Aunt Mary.
9. How old is Grandma when she marries?
10. Peck encouraged Li'l Bit to have a drink. What does she order?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(c) Dead Man Screw.
11. "How I Learned to Drive" can best be described as what type of literary work?
(b) Short story.
12. Who tells Peck, "this isn't right," about what Peck and Li'l Bit are doing?
(c) Li'l Bit.
(d) The waiter.
13. Where does Peck serve during the war?
(a) In the Pacific Theater.
(b) In France.
(c) In Germany.
(d) Stays in the U.S.
14. When does Li'l Bit begin moving away from the Men, Sex, and Women scene?
(a) When the singing starts.
(b) When her mother and grandmother argue.
(c) When Big Papa enters the scene.
(d) When the driver's education voice speaks.
15. What kind of work does Li'l Bit do when she cannot find it?
(a) Working in a liquor store.
(b) She refuses to work.
(c) Factory jobs.
(d) Racing cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with Li'l Bit at school in 1970?
2. How does Li'l Bit hold the steering wheel?
3. Peck says that Li'l Bit knows the car inside and out in what length of time?
4. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene?
5. Li'l Bit refers her first lesson as the "initiation into a boy's first love." What is this first love?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)