Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Big Papa with a broom?
(c) Aunt Lily.
(d) Li'l Bit.
2. As the lights dim, what announcement does "How I Learned to Drive" open with?
(a) Li'l Bit taking about secrets.
(b) Safety first - You and Driver Education.
(c) An introduction of the characters.
(d) The title of the work.
3. What time of day and season is it when the first scene begins?
(a) A calm autumn afternoon.
(b) A windy spring day.
(c) A warm summer evening.
(d) A stormy winter night.
4. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
(a) Li'l Bit.
5. What is Li'l Bit's mother's name?
(b) The titless wonder.
(d) We never learn it.
6. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene?
(a) A revving car.
(b) The driver's education film.
(c) Li'l Bit's voice.
(d) The sound of a far away train.
7. How old is Grandma when she marries?
8. How long has the restaurant that Li'l Bit and Peck are dining at been open?
(a) 1 year.
(b) Since the 17th century.
(c) 100 years.
(d) Since the 1700s.
9. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) Planes taking off.
10. In the middle of the Men, Sex, and Women scene, there is a temporary time shift to what year?
11. What happens to Li'l Bit when the Driver's Education film talks about Vehicle Failure?
(a) She is being molested.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is sick.
(d) The car she is driving stops working.
12. How does Li'l Bit describe the soap in the ladies room of the restaurant?
(a) Nice smelling.
(b) Shaped like fish.
(c) Shaped like shells.
13. What college course does Li'l Bit tell her family about?
(b) Sociology of family.
(c) Behavioral psychology.
14. Who does Big Papa vote for?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Richard Nixon.
15. What state does Peck leave?
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do people in Li'l Bit's family get nicknamed?
2. What is the suggested music when Peck molests Li'l Bit in the first scene?
3. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
4. The male Greek chorus interacts with Peck and Li'l Bit in what way during their special dinner?
5. What represents the car in the first scene?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)