|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Li'l Bit refers her first lesson as the "initiation into a boy's first love." What is this first love?
2. Why does Li'l Bit call Peck a good boy?
(a) For helping out at home.
(b) For letting her drive the car.
(c) For not trying to molest her.
(d) For not drinking alcohol all week.
3. Who participates in the scene with three generations at the kitchen table?
(a) Li'l Bit, Aunt Mary, Grandmother.
(b) Li'l Bit, Mother, Grandmother.
(c) Li'l Bit, Peck, Grandfather.
(d) BB, Peck, Grandfather.
4. When Peck leaves a drunk and sleeping Li'l Bit in the car, what music is playing?
(a) The Beach Boys' "You're Sixteen".
(b) Wagner's "Flying Dutchman".
(c) Roy Orbison's "Dream Baby".
(d) Gary Pucket and the Union Gaps "This Girl is a Woman Now".
5. What action causes Li'l Bit to comment on Peck's dexterity?
(a) His lifting of her shirt.
(b) His driving ability.
(c) His ability to unhook a bra with one hand through her shirt.
(d) His ability as a brain surgeon.
6. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
(a) Driving in Second Gear.
(b) Driving in First Gear.
(c) Idling in the Neutral Gear.
(d) Driving in Reverse.
7. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
(a) Fat man who no sense of humor.
(b) Beautiful black woman in a long white robe.
(c) Small Asian woman reading a book.
(d) Angry white woman in a long black robe.
8. What is serious business to Peck?
(a) Driving a car.
(b) Serving in the military.
(c) Having sex.
(d) Spending time with Li'l Bit.
9. What state does Peck leave?
(a) South Carolina.
10. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
(a) Li'l Bit.
11. Who is sixteen before realizing that pedophilia does not mean people who like to ride bicycles?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(c) Big Papa.
12. Who does Li'l Bit meet on the long bus ride to Upstate New York?
(a) A relative that she hasn't seen for some time.
(b) An older man who seduces her.
(c) A boy she goes to school with.
(d) A senior from Walt Whitman High.
13. In the middle of the Men, Sex, and Women scene, there is a temporary time shift to what year?
14. Where does Peck serve during the war?
(a) Stays in the U.S.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In the Pacific Theater.
(d) In France.
15. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
(a) An elegant New York restaurant.
(b) An inn on the Eastern shore.
(c) At his home.
(d) A fancy restaurant in Baltimore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma think is something that her daughters make up?
2. Peck says that Li'l Bit knows the car inside and out in what length of time?
3. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up?
4. What happens to Li'l Bit when the Driver's Education film talks about Vehicle Failure?
5. What does the parking lot overlook?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)