|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with Li'l Bit at school in 1970?
(a) She quits school.
(b) She fails her classes.
(c) She is kicked out.
(d) She makes honor roll.
2. How do people in Li'l Bit's family get nicknamed?
(a) For their genitalia.
(b) By the grandmother.
(c) For their dominating characteristic.
(d) By the grandfather.
3. As the lights dim, what announcement does "How I Learned to Drive" open with?
(a) Li'l Bit taking about secrets.
(b) An introduction of the characters.
(c) The title of the work.
(d) Safety first - You and Driver Education.
4. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
(a) Driving in First Gear.
(b) Idling in the Neutral Gear.
(c) Driving in Reverse.
(d) Driving in Second Gear.
5. Who says that Boy Scouts are horny?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(d) Lit's Bit's mother.
6. What does Peck say that he lives all week for?
(a) Driving in the country.
(b) A few minutes with Li'l Bit.
(c) A drink on the weekend.
(d) Molesting his niece.
7. Which of the Greek chorus speak for Grandmother?
(a) Teenage Greek Chorus.
(b) Female Greek Chorus.
(c) Senior Greek Chorus.
(d) Male Greek Chorus.
8. Li'l Bit tells Peck they have to go because what is happening the next morning?
(a) Finals at school.
(b) Wedding rehearsal.
(c) Graduation rehearsal.
(d) She's leaving for college.
9. Who is sixteen before realizing that pedophilia does not mean people who like to ride bicycles?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(b) Big Papa.
10. What gender does Li'l Bit decide to use when referring to the car?
(a) Neither gender; it's an inanimate object.
(b) Both genders.
11. Where is the location of the first setting?
(b) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
12. How fast can Peck's favorite car go from 0 to 60?
(a) 8.9 seconds.
(b) 10.2 seconds.
(c) 7.8 seconds.
(d) 9.6 seconds
13. Where does Peck serve during the war?
(a) In the Pacific Theater.
(b) In France.
(c) In Germany.
(d) Stays in the U.S.
14. What action causes Li'l Bit to comment on Peck's dexterity?
(a) His ability to unhook a bra with one hand through her shirt.
(b) His lifting of her shirt.
(c) His driving ability.
(d) His ability as a brain surgeon.
15. What happens when the Greek chorus unfreezes after the argument as the mother and grandmother?
(a) They begin arguing.
(b) They begin dancing.
(c) They begin singing in harmony.
(d) They leave the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Li'l Bit in the first scene?
2. How old is Grandma when she marries?
3. What kind of work does Li'l Bit do when she cannot find it?
4. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
5. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)