|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the parking lot overlook?
(a) Li'l Bit's school.
(b) The Department of Agriculture office.
(c) Peck's home.
(d) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms.
2. Who participates in the scene with three generations at the kitchen table?
(a) Li'l Bit, Aunt Mary, Grandmother.
(b) Li'l Bit, Mother, Grandmother.
(c) Li'l Bit, Peck, Grandfather.
(d) BB, Peck, Grandfather.
3. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
(a) Whether they like sex.
(b) Whether sex for the first time hurts.
(c) What age she should be for sex.
(d) Whether she should have sex.
4. Where is the location of the first setting?
(a) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
5. Where does Peck serve during the war?
(a) In France.
(b) Stays in the U.S.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In the Pacific Theater.
6. "How I Learned to Drive" can best be described as what type of literary work?
(c) Short story.
7. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
(a) Small Asian woman reading a book.
(b) Angry white woman in a long black robe.
(c) Fat man who no sense of humor.
(d) Beautiful black woman in a long white robe.
8. Who is sixteen before realizing that pedophilia does not mean people who like to ride bicycles?
(b) Li'l Bit.
(d) Big Papa.
9. What does Grandma blame for her crippled shoulders?
(b) Old age.
(c) Never having a decent bra.
(d) Big Papa.
10. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
(a) Driving in First Gear.
(b) Driving in Second Gear.
(c) Driving in Reverse.
(d) Idling in the Neutral Gear.
11. As the lights dim, what announcement does "How I Learned to Drive" open with?
(a) Li'l Bit taking about secrets.
(b) Safety first - You and Driver Education.
(c) The title of the work.
(d) An introduction of the characters.
12. What smells does Li'l Bit describe in the first scene?
(a) Fresh country air.
(b) Clover, hay, and leather dashboard.
(c) Oil and gas from the car.
(d) Animals and damp soil.
13. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
(b) Big Papa.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Uncle Peck.
14. What does Grandma think is something that her daughters make up?
(a) Rhythm method.
(b) G force.
(d) The Easter bunny.
15. What play does the following line come from: "The quality of mercy is not strained"?
(a) Much Ado About Nothing.
(b) Taming of the Shrew.
(d) Merchant of Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that Boy Scouts are horny?
2. In the middle of the Men, Sex, and Women scene, there is a temporary time shift to what year?
3. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene?
4. How does Li'l Bit hold the steering wheel?
5. Where does Peck want Li'l Bit's attention during her driving lesson?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)