|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma calls her husband a big bull. The characters report that he wants sex how often?
(a) Three times a week.
(b) Three times a day.
2. What represents the car in the first scene?
(a) A cardboard cutout that looks like a car.
(b) Two chairs facing forward.
(c) Two people standing with knees bent.
(d) A car windshield.
3. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
(a) Herbal Essence shampoo.
(b) Cigarette smoke.
(d) The outdoors.
4. Who is taking Li'l Bit to the prom?
(c) No one; she's not going to prom.
5. When does Li'l Bit begin moving away from the Men, Sex, and Women scene?
(a) When Big Papa enters the scene.
(b) When her mother and grandmother argue.
(c) When the driver's education voice speaks.
(d) When the singing starts.
6. How old is Li'l Bit in the first scene?
7. Why does Li'l Bit call Peck a good boy?
(a) For letting her drive the car.
(b) For not drinking alcohol all week.
(c) For not trying to molest her.
(d) For helping out at home.
8. Who says: "Sometimes to tell a secret, you first have to teach a lesson"?
(c) Li'l Bit.
9. What college course does Li'l Bit tell her family about?
(c) Behavioral psychology.
(d) Sociology of family.
10. "How I Learned to Drive" can best be described as what type of literary work?
(d) Short story.
11. Who is sixteen before realizing that pedophilia does not mean people who like to ride bicycles?
(a) Big Papa.
(d) Li'l Bit.
12. What type of car do Li'l Bit and Peck sit in during the first scene?
(a) Cadillac El Dorado.
(b) Oldsmobile Cutlass.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) Buick Riviera.
13. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
(a) Idling in the Neutral Gear.
(b) Driving in Reverse.
(c) Driving in First Gear.
(d) Driving in Second Gear.
14. What happens when the Greek chorus unfreezes after the argument as the mother and grandmother?
(a) They leave the stage.
(b) They begin singing in harmony.
(c) They begin arguing.
(d) They begin dancing.
15. According to Peck, how are men taught to drive?
(a) With careful attention to details.
(b) With daring.
(c) With confidence.
(d) With speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smells does Li'l Bit describe in the first scene?
2. Who is Peck married to?
3. Li'l Bit tells Peck they have to go because what is happening the next morning?
4. According to Mother, when a lady drinks, she should never get what?
5. What state does Peck leave?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)