|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Peck married to?
(a) He's divorced.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(d) We never find out.
2. The male Greek chorus interacts with Peck and Li'l Bit in what way during their special dinner?
(a) As a waiter.
(b) As a soldier.
(c) As a police officer.
(d) As Big Papa.
3. How old is Grandma when she marries?
4. What age is Li'l Bit when she first tells the audience about her family?
(d) An adult.
5. Peck encouraged Li'l Bit to have a drink. What does she order?
(b) Dead Man Screw.
(c) Gin and tonic.
6. What does Peck say that he lives all week for?
(a) A drink on the weekend.
(b) Driving in the country.
(c) A few minutes with Li'l Bit.
(d) Molesting his niece.
7. As the lights dim, what announcement does "How I Learned to Drive" open with?
(a) Safety first - You and Driver Education.
(b) Li'l Bit taking about secrets.
(c) An introduction of the characters.
(d) The title of the work.
8. How does Li'l Bit describe the soap in the ladies room of the restaurant?
(b) Shaped like fish.
(c) Nice smelling.
(d) Shaped like shells.
9. What is Li'l Bit's mother's name?
(b) We never learn it.
(c) The titless wonder.
10. Peck says that Li'l Bit knows the car inside and out in what length of time?
(a) Six weekends.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Five days.
(d) Four weeks.
11. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
(a) Whether sex for the first time hurts.
(b) Whether she should have sex.
(c) Whether they like sex.
(d) What age she should be for sex.
12. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
(a) Planes taking off.
(b) The Civil War.
(d) An eclipse.
13. Who does Big Papa vote for?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Richard Nixon.
14. According to Peck, how are men taught to drive?
(a) With careful attention to details.
(b) With confidence.
(c) With speed.
(d) With daring.
15. According to Peck, how are women taught to drive?
(a) With aggression.
(b) With daring.
(c) With confidence.
(d) With politeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day and season is it when the first scene begins?
2. When does Li'l Bit begin moving away from the Men, Sex, and Women scene?
3. What happens to Li'l Bit when the Driver's Education film talks about Vehicle Failure?
4. According to the mother, a married woman only needs a broom or a rolling pin. What does she prefer?
5. Who is taking Li'l Bit to the prom?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)