|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gender does Li'l Bit decide to use when referring to the car?
(a) Both genders.
(b) Neither gender; it's an inanimate object.
2. How does Li'l Bit hold the steering wheel?
(a) At the nine and three o'clock position.
(b) With one hand.
(c) At the eight and two o'clock position.
(d) With her knees.
3. Who is Miss Sponge?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(c) Aunt Mary.
4. How fast can Peck's favorite car go from 0 to 60?
(a) 9.6 seconds
(b) 10.2 seconds.
(c) 8.9 seconds.
(d) 7.8 seconds.
5. What does Peck compare Li'l Bit's breasts to?
(b) Cathedrals of Europe.
(c) Two moons.
6. According to Peck, how are men taught to drive?
(a) With confidence.
(b) With speed.
(c) With daring.
(d) With careful attention to details.
7. What is the suggested music when Peck molests Li'l Bit in the first scene?
(a) Sacred music.
(b) Rock and roll.
(c) Nursery rhyme songs.
(d) Beach music.
8. What happens to Li'l Bit when the Driver's Education film talks about Vehicle Failure?
(a) She is being molested.
(b) The car she is driving stops working.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is drunk.
9. Who does Peck take fishing?
(b) Big Papa.
(c) Li'l Bit.
(d) His wife.
10. How old is Grandma when she marries?
11. Who is waiting for Big Papa with a broom?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(d) Aunt Lily.
12. "How I Learned to Drive" can best be described as what type of literary work?
(d) Short story.
13. What does the parking lot overlook?
(a) Li'l Bit's school.
(b) Peck's home.
(c) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms.
(d) The Department of Agriculture office.
14. How does Li'l Bit describe the soap in the ladies room of the restaurant?
(a) Shaped like fish.
(c) Nice smelling.
(d) Shaped like shells.
15. How do people in Li'l Bit's family get nicknamed?
(a) For their genitalia.
(b) By the grandmother.
(c) By the grandfather.
(d) For their dominating characteristic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma think is something that her daughters make up?
2. Why does Peck refer to the car as a she?
3. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
4. What age is Li'l Bit when she first tells the audience about her family?
5. What play does the following line come from: "The quality of mercy is not strained"?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)