|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Li'l Bit call Peck a good boy?
(a) For letting her drive the car.
(b) For helping out at home.
(c) For not trying to molest her.
(d) For not drinking alcohol all week.
2. What state does Peck leave?
(c) South Carolina.
3. Where does Li'l Bit receive her first driving lesson at?
(a) In front of her house.
(b) On rural Maryland roads.
(c) At her grandparent's house.
(d) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms parking lot.
4. The male Greek chorus interacts with Peck and Li'l Bit in what way during their special dinner?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) As Big Papa.
(c) As a police officer.
(d) As a waiter.
5. What does the night of the first scene make a middle-aged man with a mortgage feel like?
(a) A frisky young man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A kid.
(d) A country boy.
6. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) Planes taking off.
(d) The Civil War.
7. When Peck leaves a drunk and sleeping Li'l Bit in the car, what music is playing?
(a) Gary Pucket and the Union Gaps "This Girl is a Woman Now".
(b) Wagner's "Flying Dutchman".
(c) The Beach Boys' "You're Sixteen".
(d) Roy Orbison's "Dream Baby".
8. What does Peck say that he lives all week for?
(a) A drink on the weekend.
(b) Molesting his niece.
(c) A few minutes with Li'l Bit.
(d) Driving in the country.
9. Who does Peck take fishing?
(a) His wife.
(b) Big Papa.
(d) Li'l Bit.
10. What smells does Li'l Bit describe in the first scene?
(a) Clover, hay, and leather dashboard.
(b) Fresh country air.
(c) Animals and damp soil.
(d) Oil and gas from the car.
11. What kind of car does Li'l Bit drive around in during the Nixon recession?
(a) 1960 coupe.
(b) 1968 VW Beetle.
(c) 1965 Mustang.
(d) 1969 Corvette.
12. How does Li'l Bit describe the God who judges her grandfather when he dies?
(a) Beautiful black woman in a long white robe.
(b) Fat man who no sense of humor.
(c) Angry white woman in a long black robe.
(d) Small Asian woman reading a book.
13. What year does the typical family dinner take place?
14. Peck encouraged Li'l Bit to have a drink. What does she order?
(b) Dead Man Screw.
(c) Gin and tonic.
15. What happens with Li'l Bit at school in 1970?
(a) She is kicked out.
(b) She makes honor roll.
(c) She fails her classes.
(d) She quits school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is serious business to Peck?
2. What is the Li'l Bit's family eating at the family dinner scene?
3. How does Li'l Bit describe the soap in the ladies room of the restaurant?
4. What kind of work does Li'l Bit do when she cannot find it?
5. What does Grandma think is something that her daughters make up?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)