|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the location of the first setting?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
2. What does the night of the first scene make a middle-aged man with a mortgage feel like?
(a) A country boy.
(b) A kid.
(c) A frisky young man.
(d) An old man.
3. Li'l Bit becomes embarrassed when family members talk and joke about her breasts. Who tries to change the subject?
(b) Aunt Mary.
4. What kind of work does Li'l Bit do when she cannot find it?
(a) Working in a liquor store.
(b) Racing cars.
(c) Factory jobs.
(d) She refuses to work.
5. Who is sixteen before realizing that pedophilia does not mean people who like to ride bicycles?
(a) Li'l Bit.
(d) Big Papa.
6. Who tells Peck, "this isn't right," about what Peck and Li'l Bit are doing?
(c) The waiter.
(d) Li'l Bit.
7. What action causes Li'l Bit to comment on Peck's dexterity?
(a) His driving ability.
(b) His ability to unhook a bra with one hand through her shirt.
(c) His ability as a brain surgeon.
(d) His lifting of her shirt.
8. What happens with Li'l Bit at school in 1970?
(a) She is kicked out.
(b) She quits school.
(c) She fails her classes.
(d) She makes honor roll.
9. When Peck leaves a drunk and sleeping Li'l Bit in the car, what music is playing?
(a) The Beach Boys' "You're Sixteen".
(b) Roy Orbison's "Dream Baby".
(c) Gary Pucket and the Union Gaps "This Girl is a Woman Now".
(d) Wagner's "Flying Dutchman".
10. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
(b) Big Bobby.
11. What year does the typical family dinner take place?
12. "How I Learned to Drive" can best be described as what type of literary work?
(c) Short story.
13. Why does Li'l Bit call Peck a good boy?
(a) For letting her drive the car.
(b) For helping out at home.
(c) For not drinking alcohol all week.
(d) For not trying to molest her.
14. What sound cuts off the music in the first scene?
(a) Li'l Bit's voice.
(b) A revving car.
(c) The driver's education film.
(d) The sound of a far away train.
15. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
(a) Herbal Essence shampoo.
(c) The outdoors.
(d) Cigarette smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma think is something that her daughters make up?
2. Where does Li'l Bit and Peck have a celebration dinner at in 1968?
3. What does a voice announce as an adult Li'l Bit comes on stage to explain her family's nicknames?
4. What is Peck's favorite car?
5. How old is Li'l Bit in the first scene?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)