|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Li'l Bit begin moving away from the Men, Sex, and Women scene?
(a) When the singing starts.
(b) When her mother and grandmother argue.
(c) When the driver's education voice speaks.
(d) When Big Papa enters the scene.
2. When Li'l Bit is born, who is able to hold her in an outstretched hand?
(b) Big Papa.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Uncle Peck.
3. How does Li'l Bit describe the soap in the ladies room of the restaurant?
(a) Shaped like shells.
(c) Nice smelling.
(d) Shaped like fish.
4. What is the Li'l Bit's family eating at the family dinner scene?
5. What does the parking lot overlook?
(a) The Beltsville Agricultural Farms.
(b) Peck's home.
(c) Li'l Bit's school.
(d) The Department of Agriculture office.
6. Peck encouraged Li'l Bit to have a drink. What does she order?
(a) Dead Man Screw.
(d) Gin and tonic.
7. How do people in Li'l Bit's family get nicknamed?
(a) By the grandmother.
(b) For their genitalia.
(c) For their dominating characteristic.
(d) By the grandfather.
8. Li'l Bit asks her mother and grandmother something about sex, but receives conflicting answers. What does she ask?
(a) Whether they like sex.
(b) Whether sex for the first time hurts.
(c) Whether she should have sex.
(d) What age she should be for sex.
9. Li'l Bit refers her first lesson as the "initiation into a boy's first love." What is this first love?
10. According to the mother, a married woman only needs a broom or a rolling pin. What does she prefer?
(b) Cast-iron fry pan.
(d) Rolling pin.
11. "How I Learned to Drive" can best be described as what type of literary work?
(b) Short story.
12. What does Li'l Bit's hair smell like?
(a) Herbal Essence shampoo.
(b) The outdoors.
(c) Cigarette smoke.
13. Who does Li'l Bit meet on the long bus ride to Upstate New York?
(a) A relative that she hasn't seen for some time.
(b) An older man who seduces her.
(c) A boy she goes to school with.
(d) A senior from Walt Whitman High.
14. What does the night of the first scene make a middle-aged man with a mortgage feel like?
(a) An old man.
(b) A kid.
(c) A country boy.
(d) A frisky young man.
15. What is the suggested music when Peck molests Li'l Bit in the first scene?
(a) Rock and roll.
(b) Sacred music.
(c) Beach music.
(d) Nursery rhyme songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the restaurant that Li'l Bit and Peck are dining at been open?
2. What kind of car does Li'l Bit drive around in during the Nixon recession?
3. Who is the nearest thing to a son to Peck?
4. How old is Grandma when she marries?
5. What type of car do Li'l Bit and Peck sit in during the first scene?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)