|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Li'l Bit's cousin's nickname is what?
(d) Big Bobby.
2. Which of the Greek chorus speak for Grandmother?
(a) Male Greek Chorus.
(b) Teenage Greek Chorus.
(c) Female Greek Chorus.
(d) Senior Greek Chorus.
3. What smells does Li'l Bit describe in the first scene?
(a) Animals and damp soil.
(b) Fresh country air.
(c) Clover, hay, and leather dashboard.
(d) Oil and gas from the car.
4. What state does Peck leave?
(d) South Carolina.
5. In the middle of the Men, Sex, and Women scene, there is a temporary time shift to what year?
6. What represents the car in the first scene?
(a) A cardboard cutout that looks like a car.
(b) Two people standing with knees bent.
(c) Two chairs facing forward.
(d) A car windshield.
7. What does Peck recommend for dinner at the fancy restaurant on the Eastern Shore?
(b) A dozen oysters and the crab imperial.
(c) Seafood platter.
8. How old is Li'l Bit in the first scene?
9. According to Mother, when a lady drinks, she should never get what?
(c) Drink like a man.
10. What is the name of the county where Peck grows up?
11. Why does Peck refer to the car as a she?
(b) Because he's controlling it.
(c) Because it responds to his touch.
(d) Because it's beautiful.
12. According to Peck, how are men taught to drive?
(a) With confidence.
(b) With careful attention to details.
(c) With speed.
(d) With daring.
13. What does Peck compare Li'l Bit's breasts to?
(b) Cathedrals of Europe.
(c) Two moons.
14. When the countryside is dotted with farmhouses, what do people witness from their front porches?
(b) Planes taking off.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) The Civil War.
15. As the lights dim, what announcement does "How I Learned to Drive" open with?
(a) The title of the work.
(b) Safety first - You and Driver Education.
(c) Li'l Bit taking about secrets.
(d) An introduction of the characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sixteen before realizing that pedophilia does not mean people who like to ride bicycles?
2. Who is the nearest thing to a son to Peck?
3. Who is Miss Sponge?
4. What are Peck and Li'l Bit celebrating at the special 1968 dinner?
5. Where does Li'l Bit receive her first driving lesson at?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)