Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1 Abstract
* Li'l Bit sets the scene in 1969, Maryland.
* Li'l Bit introduces herself as a know-it-all seventeen year old.
* Li'l Bit sits in the front seat of a Buick Riviera with a married man, her uncle Peck.
Part 2 Abstract
* Peck talks about how good Li'l Bit's hair smells.
* He asks about her shampoo, Herbal Essences.
This section contains 1,458 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)