Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Who writes the letter referred to at the beginning of the novel?
2. Who is the recipient of the letter at the beginning of the novel?
3. Where is Helen staying at the beginning of the novel?
The Wilcoxes' house.
4. Where do the Schlegel sisters meet the Wilcox family?
While on vacation in Germany.
5. What incident causes Aunt Juley to board a train to join Helen at Howards End?
Helen says she's in love.
6. What does Margaret receive after taking Aunt Juley to the train?
A telegram from Helen that the love affair is over.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
1. Which character does Aunt Juley meet at the train station?
2. What causes the argument between Aunt Juley and the Wilcox family?
She mistakes Charles for Paul.
3. Who steps in to smooth...
This section contains 3,765 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)