Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Slavenka's father make peace with, prior to his death?
2. What was Slavenka's mother able to recite at the midnight mass?
3. What type of people heard Slavenka's speech on the "velvet revolution"?
4. What surprising item did Slavenka hold up, while speaking on the "velvet revolution"?
5. In "How We Survived Communism", what useless item did Vesna's mother spend time washing?
When Slavenka bought a fur coat, she felt guilty but decided to wear it on principle.
1) Why did she feel guilty?
2) What did the coat symbolize?
3) Why principles inspired her to wear it anyway?
Symbolism is a literary method of using an object in a narrative to represent a higher ideal. Choose from one of the following symbols that appear in "How We Survived Communism and Even Laughed" and examine its purpose in the story.
3) The Censor.
Slavenka and her daughter were raised in two different cultures. Write an essay comparing and contrasting their similarities and differences.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)