Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Slavenka's father make peace with, prior to his death?
2. What was Slavenka's mother able to recite at the midnight mass?
3. What type of people heard Slavenka's speech on the "velvet revolution"?
4. What surprising item did Slavenka hold up, while speaking on the "velvet revolution"?
5. In "How We Survived Communism", what useless item did Vesna's mother spend time washing?
The lack of hope is theme that runs throughout the book. Write an essay examining the lack of hope in one of the following people:
When Slavenka bought a fur coat, she felt guilty but decided to wear it on principle.
1) Why did she feel guilty?
2) What did the coat symbolize?
3) Why principles inspired her to wear it anyway?
After Communism fell, basic items such as food became abundant in both variety and availability. In what interesting ways did this abundant lifestyle affect the people of Eastern Europe?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)