Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Slavenka's father make peace with, prior to his death?
2. What was Slavenka's mother able to recite at the midnight mass?
3. What type of people heard Slavenka's speech on the "velvet revolution"?
4. What surprising item did Slavenka hold up, while speaking on the "velvet revolution"?
5. In "How We Survived Communism", what useless item did Vesna's mother spend time washing?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout Communism, women in Eastern European were not valued. During the fall of Communism, Slavenka did not feel women received adequate representation in the media. Examine Slavenka's feminist views and their relationship to her upbringing in a Communist culture.
Essay Topic 2
When Slavenka visited America, she was disgusted to see the "natural look" glamorized in fashion magazines. Write an essay examining the idea of beauty during Communist times and how freedom affected Slavenka's personal appreciation for make-up and individuality.
Essay Topic 3
Slavenka mentioned feeling right-wing next to most leftist men, although she saw herself as a social democrat. Write a brief essay examining Slavenka's political views and how she related them to others.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)