|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what form of transportation did Slavenka take on a visit to Italy?
(a) A car.
(b) A bus.
(c) A plane.
(d) A boat.
2. What mentality permeated the people of Eastern Europe after the fall of Communism?
3. Time magazine reported that Eastern European women did what the same as they had fifty years ago?
(a) Make bread.
4. What year did Slavenka and Ulrike meet?
5. Slavenka raised her daughter to be a what?
(c) Fashion model.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Andrea live with?
2. How did the people of Eastern Europe feel about the collapse of Communism?
3. Where did Ulrike meet her husband?
4. What topics did Slavenka and Evelinka's dinner party guests discuss?
5. What delicacy did Zofia and Jasmina have a passion for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Slavenka realized that, to her daughter, Barbie represented what?
2. What did the Censor discuss with Slavenka?
3. Why did the new president of Croatia create private booths to pay bills?
4. Where did Ulrike live when she was released from prison?
5. When Zsuzsa got a divorce, what inequality between her and her husband was she concerned with?
6. In order to have a positive future, the people of Eastern Europe had to learn to do what?
7. Why did the Communists prevent women from wearing make-up?
8. After the fall of Communism, what topics were discussed openly at dinner parties?
9. When Eastern European women had problems, who did they blame?
10. Why did Slavanka think of her old doll while shopping in Poles?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)