Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why was Slavenka disappointed after the fall of Communism?
Slavenka was disappointed following the fall of Communism because the mentality of Communism remained the same.
2. What did Eastern Europe have to fight for, following the fall of Communism?
Following the fall of Communism, Eastern Europe had to fight for democracy and prosperity.
3. In order to have a positive future, the people of Eastern Europe had to learn to do what?
To have a positive future, the people of Eastern Europe had to learn to take charge of their destiny.
4. Why did Tanja kill herself?
Tanja killed herself because she was depressed and had little hope that her life would ever get better.
5. How did Tanja's lover die?
Tanja's lover died during heart surgery.
6. Why was Slavenka startled to find a notated Bible amongst Tanja's possessions?
Slavenka was startled to find a notated Bible amongst Tanja's possessions because Tanja was an atheist.
This section contains 2,105 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)