Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why was Slavenka disappointed after the fall of Communism?
2. What did Eastern Europe have to fight for, following the fall of Communism?
3. In order to have a positive future, the people of Eastern Europe had to learn to do what?
4. Why did Tanja kill herself?
5. How did Tanja's lover die?
6. Why was Slavenka startled to find a notated Bible amongst Tanja's possessions?
7. Why was it considered luxurious not to eat, following the fall of Communism?
8. After the fall of Communism, what topics were discussed openly at dinner parties?
9. Why were the people of the former communistic society surprised when they were allowed to own things?
10. In Communist times, what steps made up the beauty routine of Slavenka's mother?
11. Why did the Communists prevent women from wearing make-up?
12. Why was Slavenka disgusted by the idea of natural make-up when she saw it in the United States?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)