|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: How We Survived Communism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Some Doubts...", what exotic purchase did Slavenka feel guilty about?
(a) A fancy car.
(b) A house on the ocean.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A fur coat.
2. What is the capital of Bulgaria?
3. Under Communism, what did the Croatian leaders attempt to do?
(a) Inspire self-sufficiency.
(b) Sustain everyone.
(c) Use food as a weapon.
(d) Inspire creativity.
4. Slavenka was raised to believe what about God?
(a) He was great.
(b) He was forgiving.
(c) He was everywhere.
(d) He did not exist.
5. Once they had the right to vote, the people in Zagreb had little interest in doing what?
(b) Supporting their leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising item did Slavenka hold up, while speaking on the "velvet revolution"?
2. What does the author think about the title of her book?
3. Where did Ulrike meet her husband?
4. What things did Slavenka's family adapt to using in the 1970's?
5. What happened to Ulrike after a year in prison?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)