|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: How We Survived Communism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under Communism, what did the Croatian leaders attempt to do?
(a) Inspire creativity.
(b) Inspire self-sufficiency.
(c) Use food as a weapon.
(d) Sustain everyone.
2. In Eastern Europe, what did many people expect out of life?
3. During Communist rule, why did many Eastern Europeans eat soup?
(a) They liked it.
(b) Lack of meat.
(c) Lack of dairy.
(d) It was cold.
4. What product did Slavenka attempt to get her daughter to use, to much objection?
(a) Lye soap.
(b) A comb instead of a hairbrush.
(c) Baking soda for toothpaste.
(d) Rough toilet paper.
5. As a child, what form of transportation did Slavenka take on a visit to Italy?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Slavenka and Ulrike travel to together?
2. In "A Letter from the United States...", what did Slavenka say regarding Communist women and public discourse?
3. In "A Letter from the United States...", what was Slavenka asked to write?
4. Slavenka was shocked to see what favorite food available in thirty varieties?
5. Slavenka learned the truth about Ulrike from whom?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)