|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: How We Survived Communism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Communism caused Slavenka's entire country to be what?
(b) A target.
(c) A land of possibility.
2. How many children did Zsuzsa and Istvan have?
3. What brand of toilet paper did Slavenka use as a child?
4. When Communism fell, what did the women in Eastern Europe try to do?
(a) Start equality clubs.
(b) Create a unique look.
(c) Get married.
(d) Dress alike.
5. What amazed Slavenka about the American phone system?
(a) People could crank call.
(b) It was so expensive.
(c) The right to switch companies.
(d) The phones never worked.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eastern Europe, what did many people expect out of life?
2. What kind of party did Slavenka and Evelina host together?
3. Under Communist rule, what was typical of Eastern European marriages?
4. What happened to Ulrike after a year in prison?
5. Once they had the right to vote, the people in Zagreb had little interest in doing what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)