|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: How We Survived Communism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the revolution in Zagreb, Croatia lack?
(a) A leader.
2. When Communism fell, what did the women in Eastern Europe try to do?
(a) Create a unique look.
(b) Get married.
(c) Start equality clubs.
(d) Dress alike.
3. Who did Eastern European women blame for their troubles?
(a) The govenment.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their friends.
(d) No one.
4. What was unique about the midnight mass Slavenka attended with her mother?
(a) Much of the crowd was young.
(b) The church was empty.
(c) The mass was held on a sidewalk.
(d) Much of the crowd was old.
5. Who was forced to abandon Ulrike due to her time in prison?
(a) Her church.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alemka do for a living?
2. What religious holidays did Slavenka's family celebrate?
3. What continued to surprise Slavenka as she lived in the United States?
4. Slavenka was upset when her daughter asked for what toy?
5. Slavenka was shocked to see what favorite food available in thirty varieties?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)