|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: A Chat with my Censor and Chapter 9: The Strange Ability of Apartments to Divide and Multiply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Time magazine reported that Eastern European women did what the same as they had fifty years ago?
(d) Make bread.
2. How did the young and unemployed feel about the living situation under Communist rule?
(a) They did not complain.
(b) They complained to the news.
(c) They complained to family.
(d) They complained to each other.
3. Under Communist rule, how big were the apartments most young professionals lived in?
(a) Three bedroom.
(b) Same size as in the U.S.
(d) Very small.
4. How old was Tanja when she died?
5. In addition to Tanja, who did her lover impregnate?
(a) Tanja's sister.
(b) His other girlfriend.
(c) All of these.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Slavenka do for a living?
2. How did the people of Eastern Europe feel about the collapse of Communism?
3. In 1980, what did the people of Yugoslavia fear?
4. As a child, what form of transportation did Slavenka take on a visit to Italy?
5. During Communist times, why did people trade space in their apartments?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)