|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: A Chat with my Censor and Chapter 9: The Strange Ability of Apartments to Divide and Multiply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important Yugoslavian political figure died in 1980?
2. What impressed Slavenka about American washing machines?
(a) Their reliability.
(b) Their efficiency.
(c) Their craftsmanship.
(d) All of these.
3. How did the people of Eastern Europe feel about the collapse of Communism?
(b) They did not care.
(c) Excited but confused.
4. What city shocked Slavenka with its variety of food?
(a) New York.
5. Where did Ulrike eventually settle?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Iowa City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things did Slavenka's family adapt to using in the 1970's?
2. What did Slavenka's family once use for toilet paper?
3. How did Slavenka's daughter respond to the idea of inferior toiletry products?
4. How did Tanja die?
5. What delicacy did Zofia and Jasmina have a passion for?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)