|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: I think of Ulrike this night in November and Chapter 5: On Doing Laundry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tanja forbidden to do, following her article against socialism?
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Get married.
(d) Speak in public.
2. What did Tanja choose to do, following her pregnancy?
(a) Move to the United States.
(b) Give the baby up for adoption.
(c) Get an abortion.
(d) Get a job.
3. Where did Ulrike eventually settle?
(b) Iowa City.
(d) St. Louis.
4. What delicacy did Zofia and Jasmina have a passion for?
(b) Swiss chocolate.
(c) Foie gras.
5. Why was Ulrike put in prison?
(b) An attempt to flee her country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1980, what did the people of Yugoslavia fear?
2. Why did the Communist state want to create a uniform, physical appearance amongst women?
3. Who was forced to abandon Ulrike due to her time in prison?
4. What memory about Slavenka's grandmother saddened her?
5. Evelina worked as a what?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)