|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: I think of Ulrike this night in November and Chapter 5: On Doing Laundry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simple appliance was Slavenka's friend Blaga unaware of?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A dryer.
(c) A dishwasher.
(d) A refrigerator.
2. Due to a Communist mind-set, what did Tanja lack?
3. How old was Ulrike when she met Slavenka?
4. At the beginning of this book, Yugoslavia celebrated its one-year anniversary of what?
(a) The beginning of Communism.
(b) An alliance with England.
(c) Free elections.
(d) Switching to the dollar.
5. When Communism fell, what did the women in Eastern Europe try to do?
(a) Create a unique look.
(b) Dress alike.
(c) Get married.
(d) Start equality clubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When year did Tanja die?
2. Where did Tanja outline passages about death?
3. How old was Tanja when she died?
4. Where was Ulrike from?
5. What gift did Rumiana bring to girls at a reform school?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)